Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

prasunc

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi ,

Can anyone help how to play chip shot in arcade control in cricket 22

noys390

Club Cricketer
I am echoing what everybody is saying,
The lighting looks very good. The AI batsman are playing more varied shots. The AI fielding is showing more natural. There is vast number of field setting AI employs so hitting in the same place again & again is not easy. But two important AI bowling line are not fixed yet and those were discussed many times in the forum.
1. The RH Bowler to LH batsman line (or viceversa) is still on the middle & leg with a offside based field.
2. In limited over match, AI setting up a strong legside field with all four fielders on legside boundary and then bowling an outside the offstump line.

Overall it was a good patch after a long time. Thanks to Bigants team.

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
Academy searching is back to how it was earlier in the year, certain searches just don't bother loading, WK's are still slow with stumpings and bowlers have no urgency when a ball is knocked back to them and batsmen are running.

Lighting however is very very nice and while nobody asked for replay sounds, its a nice thing to have.

The Fridge's Leg-Spin

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Academy searching is back to how it was earlier in the year, certain searches just don't bother loading, WK's are still slow with stumpings and bowlers have no urgency when a ball is knocked back to them and batsmen are running.

Lighting however is very very nice and while nobody asked for replay sounds, its a nice thing to have.
With regards to the academy thing, I don't think it has anything to do with the latest patch because I've been dealing with this issue even before the patch released yesterday.

Mr Snrub

International Cricketer

Agreed. Stumpings need to be able to be gone for as the ball passes the batsman. Maybe a double press of X (PS consoles) would be a good way to do it, but it has to be faster.

Also fielders, particularly outfielders are still slow with pickups returns and pickups from tapbacks too. I really hope they get that right sometime soon.

Pinch hitter

Smash… Smash… Smash!
India
RCB...
Avengers
Gameplay wise, more field option is welcoming change... Other than that, I don't see any changes in gameplay... All old bugs still exists...

rishabh9627

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
Pretty decent patch.
But the issue of Right arm bowlers to LHB and Left arm bowlers to RHB still a big issue. Most of the deliveries end up on the middle and leg stump.
Fielding looks to have improved a bit with regards to unnecessary dives.
Leg side shots seem a bit less powerful than before. (good thing)
Lighting especially the irritating dark flood light print on the pitch in English stadiums has been toned down. (excellent although there is some new flickering which is a bit jarring on those shadows)
MOST IMPORTANTLY - one of the most irritating aspect of the game that I had, batsmen playing every shot with an exorcist-like twisted neck towards square leg (for which I even raised a ticket ) has been fixed!!
there was a fix to this bowling issue by changing the sliders given by one of the members here named GamerPradosh
You have to change the AI bowling quality to 0 and not 100.
Acc to the slider info it would seem that you should put the bowling quality to 100 but this slider works the other way round for some reason so set it to 0 and then see the changes.
It worked for me and a lot of users here

bumba

Club Captain
Profile Flag
New Zealand
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Better to jot down the gameplay flaws in points that still exists after the latest patch.

rishabh9627

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
I am echoing what everybody is saying,
The lighting looks very good. The AI batsman are playing more varied shots. The AI fielding is showing more natural. There is vast number of field setting AI employs so hitting in the same place again & again is not easy. But two important AI bowling line are not fixed yet and those were discussed many times in the forum.
1. The RH Bowler to LH batsman line (or viceversa) is still on the middle & leg with a offside based field.
2. In limited over match, AI setting up a strong legside field with all four fielders on legside boundary and then bowling an outside the offstump line.

Overall it was a good patch after a long time. Thanks to Bigants team.
Pretty decent patch.
But the issue of Right arm bowlers to LHB and Left arm bowlers to RHB still a big issue. Most of the deliveries end up on the middle and leg stump.
Fielding looks to have improved a bit with regards to unnecessary dives.
Leg side shots seem a bit less powerful than before. (good thing)
Lighting especially the irritating dark flood light print on the pitch in English stadiums has been toned down. (excellent although there is some new flickering which is a bit jarring on those shadows)
MOST IMPORTANTLY - one of the most irritating aspect of the game that I had, batsmen playing every shot with an exorcist-like twisted neck towards square leg (for which I even raised a ticket ) has been fixed!!
there was a fix to this bowling issue by changing the sliders given by one of the members here named GamerPradosh
You have to change the AI bowling quality to 0 and not 100.
Acc to the slider info it would seem that you should put the bowling quality to 100 but this slider works the other way round for some reason so set it to 0 and then see the changes.
It worked for me and a lot of users here

Rana Pratap Singh_007

Club Cricketer
Online mode is currently crossplay enabled
This message popping again and again its not needed.
Big xl hope they should allow or enable us to invite friends in big xl mode or host big 11 format.

cricboi

Club Captain
Confirming what many of stated in that the presentation seems better and the fields seem more reactive, which is a big improvement from being able to just hit 4 straight lofted shots to the same area. Batting with lefties is still far too easy but I think it might be slightly better than it was before.
One small improvement I really appreciate is that leg side shots feel better. I'm not sure exactly why, it could just be an improved sound and animation, but they feel like you are actually putting more weight into them than before when it was just like a deflection.
Hopefully the team can continue working and iron out the field settings as I appreciate them getting back to making the game more enjoyable.

joeb86

Club Captain
Got to be honest, outside the odd fielding bug (which I can convince myself is a genuine misfield) I’m really enjoying the game after the new patch.

I’d like to see full crowds for more of the t20 games from the beginning to create a more immersive experience, and some more Asian sounding crowds for games in India, Pakistan etc.

But the batting is really fun in particular. Can see me playing this for many months to come.

Also, massive thanks to all of you who have done any creation within the community! It’s made such a difference to how great the game is

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Guys try using LB+A for wicket keeper (xbox controller) and RB+A for bowler next time you attempt a stumping. To me it looks like they stump faster but you have to press it just before the ball reaches you. Let me know if it works.

Users who are viewing this thread