Asia Cup 2022 - Sri Lanka (UAE)

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
On what basis are people asking for Mohd Shami's return? Just cause Bumrah isnt around? Shami did well in the IPL! Period! I guess thats as far as he goes. I do amdit the bowling looks weak on paper and that could very well cost us the trophy, but Shami still isnt T20i material for me.

India might make it to the Finals alongside Pakistan. I am not too happy with the format as it seems long drawn out with a view towards giving the countries ample number of matches. I'm firmly betting though that Pakistan would take the Asia Cup this time.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
We've only played 1 T20I this year so far :facepalm
Before the T20 WC last year, the whole squad had played the National T20 Cup and got acclimatised to T20 cricket (NZ leaving instead of playing 5 ODIs was a blessing in disguise in that regard :p).
This time we'll arrive to the match against India with zero T20 practice. Three ODIs vs the Netherlands are our preparation.
It can be argued that Asia Cup is the preparation for the T20 WC, and we'll be prepared for the WC match against India, but if we show up unprepared to the Asia Cup and lose twice to India, it won't be a good start on the road to the World Cup.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Before the T20 WC last year, the whole squad had played the National T20 Cup and got acclimatised to T20 cricket (NZ leaving instead of playing 5 ODIs was a blessing in disguise in that regard :p).
This time we'll arrive to the match against India with zero T20 practice. Three ODIs vs the Netherlands are our preparation.
It can be argued that Asia Cup is the preparation for the T20 WC, and we'll be prepared for the WC match against India, but if we show up unprepared to the Asia Cup and lose twice to India, it won't be a good start on the road to the World Cup.
Oh stop it! You guys are fine. You are no longer losing to India in world cups.

Please lose, please lose!

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Oh stop it! You guys are fine. You are no longer losing to India in world cups.

Please lose, please lose!
I mean yeah, the jinx is broken, so there's not that dread anymore for Pakistan.
But again, the Asia Cup matches could increase the pressure if one team loses twice in the tournament.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
I mean yeah, the jinx is broken, so there's not that dread anymore for Pakistan.
But again, the Asia Cup matches could increase the pressure if one team loses twice in the tournament.
I feel that it would be opposite. If you lose twice as India or Pakistan, you would be raring to go into the WC for not losing 3 times. What is the worst a team can face if they lose 3 out of 3? Broken TV's? We all will move on!

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I feel that it would be opposite. If you lose twice as India or Pakistan, you would be raring to go into the WC for not losing 3 times. What is the worst a team can face if they lose 3 out of 3? Broken TV's? We all will move on!
Fair enough :lol

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers