England tour of Pakistan - 7 T20Is, 3 Tests

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I am a huge fan of England's batting approach, but they don’t really adapt whenever they get that rare LOs pitch that isn’t flat. I remember them being 20-6 on a greentop at Lord's in an ODI vs SA
We adapted in the World Cup Final so I feel we have the players to do it when it matters. When it comes to bilaterals, ever since Morgan took over, it was a 'keep going' approach. Of course winning matches can be better than losing ones that are there for the taking.

Perhaps the pitch skidded on a bit more with the dew and certainly the spinners controlled the game after the early wickets. Duckett getting out was probably the biggest blow before those middle overs, which is something I didn't think I'd say about two weeks ago. Certainly don't want to take away from Pakistan, that's a weaker bowling line up than they've had in other matches and they still won. Wasim and Jamal both did very well. The upcoming youngster, Iftikhar, looks a better bowler than batter.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
One of the best cricket photographs i have seen recently.

23619C4B-A186-4CB4-A4FA-23765A1AF33B.jpeg

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
That’s a good point, however i am still skeptical that our batting approach can win a World Cup on dead pitches.
Despite Babar and Rizwan’s consistency, their need to be relatively defensive in the Powerplay in order to bat long, and the middle order’s troubles mean that we rely heavily on our bowlers to win a trophy.

Users who are viewing this thread