Fantasy Cricket Team
India
AUS..
RCB...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
The Boys
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The Sri Lankan magician would be my lead spinner and subsequently my fifth pick.

01. :pak: :bat: Mohammad Rizwan
02. :eng: :wk: Jos Buttler
05. :aus: :ar: Glenn Maxwell
10. :pak: :bwl: Umar Gul
11. :sri: :bwl: Ajantha Mendis

@Aravind.

Bevab

Staff Member
I was all in on the Kohli to open plan until I found out that he hasn't done that in a single WC game till date... and that there was a world class opener with a remarkably good WC record in :eng::bat:Alex Hales still available. Having played in four T20 WCs, Hales has at least a fifty plus score in three of them and only failed to show up in one edition of the tournament. His exceptional showing in the most recent one when openers elsewhere were struggling to contribute ranks highly for me and he also happens to be the one of the ten centurions in a WC too. There is also the caveat that Hales truly entered world class territory after 2019 when he sorted out his issues against left arm spin and there will always be the what if factor of him being selected in the 2021 WC too and playing instead of Roy who wasn't looking too great at that moment. Perhaps he'd have an even greater record? An average of slightly over thirty and a SR close to 140 are still ridiculously good for an opener and KP's the only one who's struck more runs than him having played fewer games (by the barest margins of 12 runs).

Hales and Gilly up top gives this side so much firepower in the powerplay already and Gilly's presence will allow Hales to not force himself to be the prime aggressor, giving him time and space to build the type of dynamic innings that he is known for. With Kohli to follow.. this top three looks marvellous!

@mohsin7827 to continue.

Bevab

Staff Member

Verified Enigma

PlanetCricket's Sherlock Holmes
Champions League Winner
Avengers

Paranoid Kendroid

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
India
AUS..
RCB...
The Boys
David Wiese is valid as an associate pick. @Parth D @Bevab . Rashid Khan plays for Afghanistan which was an associate team in the past. Hope everything is clear now.

Users who are viewing this thread