India Tour New Zealand- 2022- Limited Overs only tour.

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Samson missing out yet again is peak team selection. Should have taken the tough call of leaving SKY out instead.

At least Chahar is playing instead of Thakur so we’ll have a better bowling unit that has Hooda for support if needed.

B

Bigby Wolf

Samson missing out is just beyond me when the batting line-up hasn't really clicked especially Pant.

Bevab

Staff Member
Samson missing out is just beyond me when the batting line-up hasn't really clicked especially Pant.

Again we’re mixing formats up. Pant’s most recent score before this series was a century. Since the end of the last WC he’s averaging 40 and striking at nearly 110 despite being mismanaged for a fair while in the end of 2019/20. I’d say he’s still not got a clear role in this side but it’s far better than in T20Is which is why he’s been good enough for that record.

It’s SKY who should have been missing out as harsh it may seem.

B

Bigby Wolf

Again we’re mixing formats up. Pant’s most recent score before this series was a century. Since the end of the last WC he’s averaging 40 and striking at nearly 110 despite being mismanaged for a fair while in the end of 2019/20. I’d say he’s still not got a clear role in this side but it’s far better than in T20Is which is why he’s been good enough for that record.

It’s SKY who should have been missing out as harsh it may seem.
And again we are not picking players based on their recent performances.

Pant scored a century in August ever since then he has been sitting ducks on the other hand SKY has been incredible in T20s.

I get your point picking players for different formats but the thing is in ODIs & T20s certain players should be an automated selecion based on their recent form.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Why did they have to play SKY ahead of Samson? I understand SKY has rapidly developed a very 'towering' reputation in world cricket in T20 format, but in ODI's, he is yet to establish himself and especially when Samson performed better than him in the last game, it makes no sense to keep Samson out just to play SKY on his reputation.

Well this will just keep fuelling the growing 'Sanju Samson fanclub' (even Ashwin has spoken about it on his YT channel). Hope this growing outcry does not put pressure on him when he eventually gets a decent run.

Bevab

Staff Member
And again we are not picking players based on their recent performances.

Pant scored a century in August ever since then he has been sitting ducks on the other hand SKY has been incredible in T20s.

I get your point picking players for different formats but the thing is in ODIs & T20s certain players should be an automated selecion based on their recent form.

We’ll have to disagree on this I suppose.

To me whilst a batter’s current form is relevant it shouldn’t be an important factor in judging their place in other formats. It’d be like dropping Rohit or Rahul for their extended poor run in T20Is for our next few test matches to me. While the differences between a test and T20I/ODI are far bigger than the one between T20Is and ODIs there still exists a big enough difference in the latter to matter and I wouldn’t want players worrying over their spots in ODIs because they haven’t done a good job in T20Is. I suppose Chahal, Thakur and Pant are the main guys who fall into this club, perhaps Axar too.

Bevab

Staff Member
Finn Allen absolutely pulverising us after our top three played at a sedate pace.. sigh.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
India hasn't learnt from its mistakes at all. The pace of our innings was very sedate and the template is still outdated. People like Pant, who do not care about their performances are being put in leadership roles alongside a Very Very Sad Laxman, who has absolutely no idea of how to run a team.

The Indian cricket team and its management are a big joke- reminds me of a government organization, where they keep calling the retired personnel to back-fill a few roles every time there is a vacancy. Time to choose a new sport/ support a new team!

Bevab

Staff Member
India hasn't learnt from its mistakes at all. The pace of our innings was very sedate and the template is still outdated. People like Pant, who do not care about their performances are being put in leadership roles alongside a Very Very Sad Laxman, who has absolutely no idea of how to run a team.

The Indian cricket team and its management are a big joke- reminds me of a government organization, where they keep calling the retired personnel to back-fill a few roles every time there is a vacancy. Time to choose a new sport/ support a new team!

England giving a good audition here for your love and support. :yes

Satan666

International Cricketer
India
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Having Dhawan as a stand in captain is just bonkers.

As for my post mortem of the short tour, well not really much to say, aint a fan of both teams at all.

India seem the weaker team and played a weaker style of cricket, guess all the cricketers have zero passion when playing and are only in it for the money! Serves the foolish fans right though!

Users who are viewing this thread