Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Don't waste your time guys, after an year of release if they haven't fixed these issues means they are never going to fix it. Hope some other good company with ethics and knowledge of cricket comes into game making (without a cry baby CEO).
No it's not correct, they supported Cricket 19 till the release of Cricket 22. Now C19 is game with very fewer to negligible glitches. I hope they already would've planned a big patch for the upcoming Christmas

Skankhunt_42

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
That optimism is something else... Man! Guess We're all hopelessly hopeful.. :thumbs

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
Is there a rumour about a new cricket game? Don't know if Big Ant has confirmed anything.

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans
No it's not correct, they supported Cricket 19 till the release of Cricket 22. Now C19 is game with very fewer to negligible glitches. I hope they already would've planned a big patch for the upcoming Christmas
They had a c19 patch before the dlc release before that they had nothing. Heck they can't even fix the falling keeper even after 4 years or release. They are joke. I defended them for years. They don't deserve our efforts. Coz clearly they are happy looting us and not even providing the basic support that they can do.. they can easily make correct some of the basic bugs in the game.. but they won't.... They will fix it in the next game at the time of sale and then screw it later in the name of update.

We are fools to buy the game and spent time on this

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221214_075008.jpg
    Screenshot_20221214_075008.jpg
    713.7 KB · Views: 30

Skankhunt_42

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
They had a c19 patch before the dlc release before that they had nothing. Heck they can't even fix the falling keeper even after 4 years or release. They are joke. I defended them for years. They don't deserve our efforts. Coz clearly they are happy looting us and not even providing the basic support that they can do.. they can easily make correct some of the basic bugs in the game.. but they won't.... They will fix it in the next game at the time of sale and then screw it later in the name of update.

We are fools to buy the game and spent time on this
You've spent 715 hours playing this junk when you had spiderman and rocket league in your bag? You're a devilish angel of gaming.. :p

Skankhunt_42

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
Truth is they clearly lacks the passion they had for making cricket game that followed, "you asked and we delivered" model till AC17. We're fools to expect anything better from them. Agreed with everything you just said @Nithin Antony

AnmolJ

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
In Ten10, the game still considers power play to be 6 overs instead of 3 overs. I’ve tried creating new match type for Ten10 and manually set up power play to be 3 overs and while in play it still seems to revert to 6 overs. Given I mostly play only Ten10, this is sort of a game breaking bug for me.
Not true. I’ve successfully created a new T10 match type with 3 overs of powerplay. It’s working perfectly.

Arctic_Wolf

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Not true. I’ve successfully created a new T10 match type with 3 overs of powerplay. It’s working perfectly.

Please bear in mind that some platforms experience bugs and glitches that other platforms do not & vice versa before making such iron clad declarations. What's more, there have even been cases of small groups of users experiencing issues that other users of the same platform aren't experiencing as well. (The Xbox Series X hard crash/reboot bug was a classic example of this with a select few suffering from it while the majority of Series X users didn't. That alone took BA months to work out what was happening to fix it.)

Just because you're not experiencing a problem yourself on your platform doesn't automatically dictate that others aren't or that it's simply not true!

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
Given that they are working on an AFL game which i suppose will come out in March/April I wouldn't expect too much change in cricket 23 given the time constraints unless they have developed a next gen graphics engine.

T.J.Hooker II

Club Captain
I don't think there are very many "easy" fixes at this point in development. You've got layers and layers of code interacting in sometimes inscrutable ways in a great big cricket themed multiplatform sandbox. What looks like an easy fix can end up breaking something else, and sufficiently under the radar that nobody realises until later, by which time there may be another layer of revisions over the top of the first fix.

I'm confident that nobody on the BA team has ever said "Ha, I could easily fix this issue everyone has been complaining about for years but let's drag it out a bit more."

Dutch

DutchTheOnlyOne
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I came out of my grubby little hole in the corner of the skirtingboard where I reside these days pondering my ample man boobs. I saw a comment about Ashes 2017 actually being a better game. I fired that up again and yes it is true. The sounds, the batting, most parts of fielding, the minimum amount of bugs are unfortunately way ahead of anything that has happend after that. To be honest DB 14 was a joy to play with all the depth it brought with it and the revolutianary steps they took with that game, although bowling wise it was saved by @francobaldo1 's wonderful hack. We need a new cricket loving company to step up. So much potential. So little true application. I have been involved with beta testing all the way back to DB14 and have had many many good times but the Cricket 22 process was awful and the results show.

See you all around, take care and to paraphrase Bill Shankly: "Some people think cricketgames are a matter of life and death. I can assure you its much more important than that!"

Edit: To their credit there is one thing Cricket 22 does better: (when they work) the clouds :rolleyes:lol

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread