Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
PlanetCricket Award Winner

Aislabie

Ireland
For my first pick: :wi: :ar: Garfield Sobers 8,032 runs @ 57.78 (26 centuries, best 365*) and 235 wickets @ 34.03 (6 5WI, best 6/73) from 93 Test matches. I'm going to pencil him in at number three, since he averaged over 72 batting there; I will not be using him as anything more central than a fifth bowler, although his wide variety of skills will be ideal as a sort of utility bowler.

3. :wi: :ar: Garfield Sobers (93 caps)

@ddrap14

Aislabie

Ireland
My second pick is the best Test batter I've personally ever seen play: :aus: :bat: Steven Smith. He averages 68 from 86 innings batting at number four, so that's exactly where he will slot into my team. Now that I've put them together, the idea of a Sobers-Smith batting partnership has me absolutely fascinated. And if the conventional wisdom is that your best batters go at three and four, then I'm happy to have two of the best ever to play the game in those positions.

3. :wi: :ar: Garfield Sobers (93 caps)
4. :aus: :bat: Steven Smith (92 caps)

@Parth D

Na Maloom Afraad

Man of Tomorrow
The Boys
:aus: :bat: Victor Trumper (48 caps)
:aus: :bat: Don Bradman (52 caps)

It was a hard choice to make 'cause I was comparing Trumper to a pacer and it was more a comparison of who I had as backup for the two, than the two themselves. I can find a near like-for-like replacement for him, but I can't for Trumper - not with the players I've shortlisted - so with Trumper I shall go.

@ahmedleo414 you're up mate

Aislabie

Ireland
:aus: :bat: Victor Trumper (48 caps)
:aus: :bat: Don Bradman (52 caps)

It was a hard choice to make 'cause I was comparing Trumper to a pacer and it was more a comparison of who I had as backup for the two, than the two themselves. I can find a near like-for-like replacement for him, but I can't for Trumper - not with the players I've shortlisted - so with Trumper I shall go.

@ahmedleo414 you're up mate
Interestingly, when I was planning a Bradman XI, Trumper didn't make my team

Users who are viewing this thread