Women's Internationals

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
I think it is fine. It is not Shafali's fault that she was fast tracked into the team. Bear in mind, the ICC didn't really have a competition at her level.

Lot of voices here about her inclusion and how badly India wants to win this. I really see nothing wrong in it. Even England have included Alice Capsey in the team.

pillowprocter

Panel of Selectors
ZIM...
SCO....
Islamabad
Profile Flag
Uganda
I think it is fine. It is not Shafali's fault that she was fast tracked into the team. Bear in mind, the ICC didn't really have a competition at her level.

Lot of voices here about her inclusion and how badly India wants to win this. I really see nothing wrong in it. Even England have included Alice Capsey in the team.
No, they haven't.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
I don't get why they introduced the Super Six here. And how do the teams qualify exactly?
Table toppers for sure. Runners up? Surely can't be each group. The easier alternative would have been to simply go the QF-SF-Final way. Makes viewing more tolerable tbh.

pillowprocter

Panel of Selectors
ZIM...
SCO....
Islamabad
Profile Flag
Uganda
Is it really Super Six? My guess is that it allows the better teams to get more game time.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
How does more game time matter? From an ICC perspective, more game time means they shell out more money for broadcast. Agreed, if this tactic was employed at the senior level.

Also, if they really want to provide more chances, let them follow the Boy's U-19 Cup template then. The main draw and what they call as the 'Bronze Plate' draw.

pillowprocter

Panel of Selectors
ZIM...
SCO....
Islamabad
Profile Flag
Uganda
How does more game time matter? From an ICC perspective, more game time means they shell out more money for broadcast. Agreed, if this tactic was employed at the senior level.

Also, if they really want to provide more chances, let them follow the Boy's U-19 Cup template then. The main draw and what they call as the 'Bronze Plate' draw.
Yeah, that would make sense aswell. But more game time would matter for these girls who haven't been part of domestic squads yet to show their mettle and improve their game with proper, high-quality coaching.

Skankhunt_42

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Don't know if you all following u19 women wc. There is a cracker of a semi final going down.. AUS lost 7 for 66 while chasing ENG 99.

Users who are viewing this thread