TV Series General Discussion

Na Maloom Afraad

Man of Tomorrow
PlanetCricket Award Winner
The Boys
Wednesday was fine. The first Addams family show I remember watching on tv was the 60s tv show and the thing I remembered most about the family is how much they love each other despite the gothic setting. So seeing how much Wednesday disliked her mother was a little weird.

Jenna Ortega made the show, she was great in her performance. The finale seemed very rushed, since it's a Netflix show in sure they didn't know if they would be picked up for another season so most likely they tried to pack as much as they could in the final episode.
To say the finale felt a little rushed was a little bit of an understatement. Still really enjoyed the show, but did think they could've executed the finale a little bit better.

Tbf, I do think the family dynamic is something that can be built too instead of it just being presented from the get-go. Especially if the point of friction is only between Wednesday and Morticia.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Yellowstone + 1883 + 1923 = Bomb writing, amazing direction and great characters.

ahmedleo414

The Butcher
PAK...
LQ
The Boys
Profile Flag
Canada
Yellowstone + 1883 + 1923 = Bomb writing, amazing direction and great characters.
Yellowstone has dropped in quality so much the last two seasons. It makes me want to quit watching the show altogether but since this is the final season I'll stick around till the end. I just feel they've made Beth just OP and Jamie a little bitch and that's basically the entire show Beth does something tweaked up and we're supposed to cheer for her and Jamie does anything and we're supposed to think he's an ass... I haven't watched 1923 yet but it's on my list. I enjoyed 1883 for what it was

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Yellowstone has dropped in quality so much the last two seasons. It makes me want to quit watching the show altogether but since this is the final season I'll stick around till the end. I just feel they've made Beth just OP and Jamie a little bitch and that's basically the entire show Beth does something tweaked up and we're supposed to cheer for her and Jamie does anything and we're supposed to think he's an ass... I haven't watched 1923 yet but it's on my list. I enjoyed 1883 for what it was
The only thing I hated about Yellowstone is
When they were attacked, the did not go outright to find the attackers which Beth wanted.
I feel Beth is overpowered but John has his moments where he brings her to the ground. Also that is the premise of the show right? That is what Beth's character always was and will be.. someone who is so attached the the ranch and will go to any extent to satisfy her ego.

I love how the story is going so far and Jamie.. common Jamie? Every series has characters that you absolutely HATEEE! Jamie is Yellowstone's that character. I love how all characters including Jamie's have been developed over the years.

I also love the fact how they are not elongating 1883 and 1923 and being on point. Since you have watched 1883, I am interested to see what the Indian's said that in 7 generation my people will come up for the ranch, how they do that in Yellowstone? Super excited to see.

Also what is going on with Taylor Sherdian (writer, director, producer??) of all 3 shows PLUS Tulsa King and Mayor of Kingstown, he is a creative genius. It takes so much creativity to actually write 5 shows going on concurrently.

ahmedleo414

The Butcher
PAK...
LQ
The Boys
Profile Flag
Canada
Also that is the premise of the show right
No, i think you missed the point. When it started the show was about the land. John wanted to keep the land, the natives wanted the land back, the foreigners wanted the land for development. That's when the show was most interesting.

Around season 3, it just became the Beth Dutton show, this is around when Taylor left the show to focus on his other shows.

I actually looked Beth in the beginning, but now shes just an overgrown child that gets pissy when she doesn't get her way. And her father and her husband are just enabling her bad behaviour. Beth beats up a woman at a bar, well it's not her fault. She makes Jamie kill his own father, that's okay she's justified. She literally tells Jamie that she'll make sure he never sees his son again and Jamie is the bad guy? I'm sorry I understand what she went through as a teenager, but the first person she turned to for help was Jamie and yeah he made the wrong choice but he was a kid too.

Jamie has spent the rest of his life trying to look after Beth and the family and the ranch and as soon as he wants something for himself he's the bad guy?

Satan666

International Cricketer
India
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Reading the stuff online about Percy from Wednesday, allegations at this point but either way I hope he gets the go ahead for Season Two!

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I watched the first part of the BBC documentary about PM Modi. I was going to skip it until it was banned in India and that made me think it must be worth watching. So, well done Indian government you helped them get an extra viewer. :laughter:

Killer Sally on Netflix - really interesting
Happy Valley - so good, caught up with season three.

Users who are viewing this thread