Cricket 24 - General Discussion

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Agreed, maybe a slight hit in stamina too but confidence should be the big factor there.
For this my thought was, since the batsman would be in a state of "Shock" disable the pitch and aerial ball marker for few deliveries or decrease the time of aerial marker display.. So that they are compelled to defend or watch the ball really closely to work things out in the middle after a blow.. Slower running as well..
And for that to work we shouldnt make defend and run as an easy option like it is right now with the dumb fielders..

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
Once the afl game is released they will have 5 or 6 weeks to get this finished.Wouldn't expect much info until late May /Early June

Short Leg Cricket

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
New Zealand
Stumbled across the thread after a long time away and came across the excitement of a new game coming out! Decided to have a quick scroll through the pages to understand the general consensus - 27 pages later I’ve concluded there are two types of people on the thread. Those desperate for the game to come out they spread whatever nonsense they think about and claim it as official and those who are genuinely interested creating suggestions and communicating with others about how the game can improve and what they would like to see from it. The latter is extremely pleasing to see. The former is extremely frustrating and sadly nothing new.

It shouldn’t come as a surprise that there isn’t a massively open dialogue between developers and fans on this forum from some of the nonsense that is posted. Again this is nothing against peoples opinions - it is those that are spreading misinformation that not only discredit the forum but make things incredibly difficult for others who are wishing to speak about the game etc with other members.

So, in reflection, I made a mistake in reading all of the thread :wave:wave

MistaaSingh

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Canada
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
All I would like to say is Big Ant’s marketing has gone way downhill since Cricket 19, for those games there were always screenshots released with press release to keep everyone hyped, since the covid release of Cricket 22 and them not releasing any looks for Cricket 24 is just not helping all the negativity this last minute release of media is the one creating all the negativity in the forum. Not saying negativity is valid but them not giving any screenshots released for the game that is due for release in a month n half is just a bizarre strategy, it always gives me Ashes Cricket 13 vibes when Ross himself was against trickstar for not releasing any media for the game and he is doing same with his games now, I think being assure that there is no competition is probably the reason, if he had competition in the market, the approach would be different

Karachi

County Cricketer
All I would like to say is Big Ant’s marketing has gone way downhill since Cricket 19, for those games there were always screenshots released with press release to keep everyone hyped, since the covid release of Cricket 22 and them not releasing any looks for Cricket 24 is just not helping all the negativity this last minute release of media is the one creating all the negativity in the forum. Not saying negativity is valid but them not giving any screenshots released for the game that is due for release in a month n half is just a bizarre strategy, it always gives me Ashes Cricket 13 vibes when Ross himself was against trickstar for not releasing any media for the game and he is doing same with his games now, I think being assure that there is no competition is probably the reason, if he had competition in the market, the approach would be different

Competition can call a bluff and force one to reveal some of the cards they hold, as BA did in Trickstar's case and inadvertently lead it to eventually fold. Unfortunately there is no competition around for BA. There is the Indian Real Cricket, which for a mobile game has done a remarkable job, even surpassing BA in many aspects. But in the end they are no match for BA and are not in the market of consoles.

MistaaSingh

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Canada
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Competition can call a bluff and force one to reveal some of the cards they hold, as BA did in Trickstar's case and inadvertently lead it to eventually fold. Unfortunately there is no competition around for BA. There is the Indian Real Cricket, which for a mobile game has done a remarkable job, even surpassing BA in many aspects. But in the end they are no match for BA and are not in the market of consoles.
Exactly, they removed features that were loved in Don Bradman iterations once they switched to licensed stuff, the other day I played the DBC 14 & 17 both had much more kit choices and one thing I loved was more style in hair and option for hairlines and turban was choice as hairstyle instead of cap this avoided stupid team logos popping on turbans at weird spots. Simple things that they changed and limited the customization second one eyebrows which were non existent in Ashes Cricket 17 and seriously the sub continent grounds have green outfields now its not early 90s anymore so stop making brownish grass in sub continent stadiums

Karachi

County Cricketer
Exactly, they removed features that were loved in Don Bradman iterations once they switched to licensed stuff, the other day I played the DBC 14 & 17 both had much more kit choices and one thing I loved was more style in hair and option for hairlines and turban was choice as hairstyle instead of cap this avoided stupid team logos popping on turbans at weird spots. Simple things that they changed and limited the customization second one eyebrows which were non existent in Ashes Cricket 17 and seriously the sub continent grounds have green outfields now its not early 90s anymore so stop making brownish grass in sub continent stadiums

Outfield graphics - grass and texture - are one big let down throughout the DBC/C2K+ series.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
I'm happy to take people's grass shots and send through reference of those to the artists to adjust a bit.

The biggest problem is the vastly different colours you get from regular photos, it's hard to judge what the true colour of grass is, especially when relying on other photos that haven't got the same colour calibration.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
1681969854501.png

Let us begin the discussion then about the absorbant nature of turf.

MatrixNeo14

Club Captain
Profile Flag
South Africa
I'm happy to take people's grass shots and send through reference of those to the artists to adjust a bit.

The biggest problem is the vastly different colours you get from regular photos, it's hard to judge what the true colour of grass is, especially when relying on other photos that haven't got the same colour calibration.
Nothing about the new Groin Strain Slider?

Users who are viewing this thread