Chris Lickley

County Cricketer
Northern Superchargers
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
While I was in the car going to buy some chicken and mulling over the many reasons sliders are bad, I thought of a mode that could be fun. At least, I think it'd be quite engaging.

I'd call it 'Champions Cricket'. You pick an international team and then have to play the top twenty other international teams in order of ranking of their strength. Until you beat them all. Maybe if you beat the best team it unlocks a World XI you have to play or an all time XI.

It could be a good way of creating something that has any ever increasing difficulty curve. You start out playing PNG and have to work your way up, beating the other teams to take on India (or whoever the top ranked side is). Could have a leaderboard where people can compare themselves to others, different difficulty levels so you get replay value (other than trying to improve you previous best).

A lot of other games you can compare how good or skilled you are to other people and having a challenge mode like this, that could be recorded in how many matches it takes you to complete, would be quite satisfying.

I think you'd need teams with hard locked player skills and line ups (specifically for this mode, so you can't just make all the teams rubbish) and hard locked difficulties (sliders would render the community comparison aspect of it pointless).

Could go one step further with an extra hard mode that when you lose you have to start again at the bottom of the ladder of teams.
Could incorporate this with whatever their ultimate team clone by choosing a player from the side you beat.

kamrul

County Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
2 pages worth of comments with no new information. Got excited for no reason!

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
I've been asking for years for a dynamic difficulty option in career mode as you progress you should need to get better at the game.

Chris Lickley

County Cricketer
Northern Superchargers
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
A slight diversion from difficulties I wouldn't mind if the arcade bowling controls that were brought in on c22 worked more like their equivalents in the codemaster and ea games.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Could incorporate this with whatever their ultimate team clone by choosing a player from the side you beat.
I think if it were curated well, with a clear plan of the challenge you should expect against each team, it could improve other aspects of the game overall by establishing specific conditions, bowling rotations and batting approaches that are most suited to experience. Like, if the top four is Pakistan, England, Australia and India:

You go to Pakistan and have to find a way to win on a road, the ball doesn't do much for seamers and it's difficult to take wickets

Then off to England where you have a bit of grass on the wicket and cloud in the skies with Anderson and Robinson nibbling and swinging the ball everywhere.

Hard fast wicket in Australia with Cummins, Starc and Hazelwood bowling and the challenge of Smith and Labuschagne batting.

Then off to India for a raging turner and you have to deal with the spin trio of Ashwin, Jadeja and Axar.

dawg456

Club Cricketer
An interesting (in my head) counterpoint to Ross running around India signing up IPL franchises is, does that heap more pressure on BA to deliver a polished game Day 1 out of the box? Would IPL franchises be happy to associate themselves with a buggy piece of crap akin to C22 or (seemingly) AFL23?

I just wonder if with more licences comes more scrutiny from the licencees over what they're putting their name to.
My thinking is that. If their running around now and it also seems like they've started hiring just recently, how can they possibly deliver a finished game in a month, seems unrealistic to me

D

Deleted member 185125

My thinking is that. If their running around now and it also seems like they've started hiring just recently, how can they possibly deliver a finished game in a month, seems unrealistic to me
When was the last time they delivered a 'finished' game

kamrul

County Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Expect a delayed release.

Users who are viewing this thread