Story FishBowlMan

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
can you talk me thorugh how to add these values into my game to lower the outfield speed?

FishBowlMan

Club Cricketer
Sure.

I will assume that you do not know anything about modifying this so apologies if I am teaching you to suck eggs.

1/ You need to have the Cricket 2004 cfg editor installed on to your pc.

2/ You need to have the updated "list.txt" file in the same directory as the cfg editor. This will replace the original one.

These 2 items can be found in the "downloads" section on this web site.

3/ Open the cfg editor.

4/ Type in the name of the directory where the cricket .GOB file is located. If you have installed in the default directory it will be (I believe) c:\program files\easports\cricket2004\data

5/ In the drop-down box at the top, select "pitch conditions".

6/ It is now a case of manually typing the different numbers into the main window, just as you would normally type in a word processor.

NB. Be careful to only change the numbers and not the words. Also, check at the very bottom of the window and you will see the words Current bytes / bytes opened 796 / 796

7/ When you have finished changing the file, make sure these "current bytes" numbers match.

If for example there is a value of 10.0 this counts as 4 characters including the decimal point. Therefore, if you want to change this value to 9.5 (which is 3 characters, you must insert a '0' - I believe either at the beginning or the end) Therefore 09.5, or 9.50 should both work.

These numbers will be different for each item you wish to edit as they indicate the quantity of letters / numbers in the window. e.g. ODI easy has 2015.

8/ When you have finished editing, press the save button and then start up Cricket 2004. The changes will take immediate effect - even on previously saved games.

If you wish to use the "undo" function of Tutsi's / Ravi's patches to reset the .GOB file to the default version, you must manually change the cfg file back to where you started editing from - in this case - back to the values that Tutsi's patch 3.0 set it to.

One final thing, it doesn't matter what numbers you assign to any value as you can always exit the game and change them. You may end up with some very silly gameplay - but nothing should crash the game or force a reinstall.

Good luck - let me know how you get on and if the instructions make any sense.

John.

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
thanks for your help i was wondering if you could post what numbers you used and if it works ok?

FishBowlMan

Club Cricketer
Originally posted by The_gas
thanks for your help i was wondering if you could post what numbers you used and if it works ok?

Yeah sorry - I had posted them in the thread for Tutsi - but forgot to put them here.

VeltoSpin 0.20
SpintoVel 0.14
VelocityReduce 0.025

The only pitch type I have tried is the hard pitch. I have not tested thoroughly, but these seem to slow the ball down enough so that bad shots do not raise the batsmen's confidence. Once they get going, fours are still fairly easy to hit - which makes sense on the hard pitches and outfields though. Let me know what you think.

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
thanks mate i will now play my first one day game and give them a try! I notice there is only one change to the numbers

FishBowlMan

Club Cricketer
thanks mate i will now play my first one day game and give them a try! I notice there is only one change to the numbers

Yeah - quite possibly, I ended up going round in circles trying to figure out what they did - constantly coming in and out of the game. I would suggest playing a trial game or 2 first in case you do not notice much difference.

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
still seems a bit to fast to me but im not going to try and change it, ill leave that to the patchers

FishBowlMan

Club Cricketer
still seems a bit to fast to me but im not going to try and change it, ill leave that to the patchers

Go on... go for it :)

Reduce the value of spintovel to 0.12 You should see the ball slow when it gets to the "1-day circle"

FishBowlMan

Club Cricketer
One problem seems to be that the fielder can't be bothered to chase some balls I's sure he could get. Also some fielders just throwing themselves to the ground (often the wrong direction) when they could stop boundaries.

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
yeah i noticed this the fielder runs at a straight angle instead of to the ball! Im thinking about returning to hard mode without any patches for the time being as this is still a challenge especially in one dayers!

Users who are viewing this thread