25 June 2014
Nigeria v Argentina
Est?dio Beira-Rio, Porto Alegre

25 June 2014
Bosnia and Herzegovina v Iran
Arena Fonte Nova, Salvador

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
think a big guy for argentina will be di maria, he was really good for madrid this year, just playing an under-stated role to let bale and ronaldo shine but also able to burst into life when needed.

he might need to do more of the latter as argentina are terribley top heavy but lack a bit of creativity and they'll need some to provide more link up but if he can have a good tournament I can see them doing well.

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Bosnia :(. My team this year; hopefully it doesn't get any worse than 2-0...

War

Chairman of Selectors
Bosnia should still reach the 2nd round, i think they are a slightly better team than Nigeria.

El Loco

PCPF Mod Chief Superintendent
ENG....
Is it just me, or did Argentina look unconvincing last night? Didn?t understand how Messi was playing, he still seems a different player to that one that plays for Barca. Wasn?t interested in the man in support, ignoring his team-mates in space. They?ll definitely be ticked off with him.
Got to feel for Kolasinac, but brought it on himself taking his eye off the ball. Spahic led by example at centre-half. Definitely wouldn't put it past Bosnia to qualify still. I would hope so too, my grandad having been born there. The country has overcome so much for their football team to finally reach a major tournament finals.

ParkedTheBus

International Coach
Profile Flag
Australia
Nigeria are better than Bosnia, IMHO. They have got a pretty potent attack and a wonderful GK. But the midfield, apart from John Obi and Onazi is a problem due to their lack of top-flight experience. I can see the defence having a few problems, but I still expect them to go through at the expense of Bosnia.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
Is it just me, or did Argentina look unconvincing last night? Didn?t understand how Messi was playing, he still seems a different player to that one that plays for Barca. Wasn?t interested in the man in support, ignoring his team-mates in space. They?ll definitely be ticked off with him.
Got to feel for Kolasinac, but brought it on himself taking his eye off the ball. Spahic led by example at centre-half. Definitely wouldn't put it past Bosnia to qualify still. I would hope so too, my grandad having been born there. The country has overcome so much for their football team to finally reach a major tournament finals.

Well it's different this time around with Messi, he was just as unconvincing with Barca last season as he was with Argentina last night, I don't think he necessarily played poorly yesterday, he was on the ball a lot, just not making the right decisions, he would look for the 1-2 or the through ball when it would've been better for him to have a shot, or like you said he would go for the shot when a through ball to Aguero or Higuain was on, but Di Maria though, for all the praise Stinky gave him, he was thoroughly invisible last night.

Bosnia are clear dark horses. Way better than Nigeria.

Agreed, and they showed glimpses of how good they can be vs Argentina last night, Ibisevic has got to start alongside Dzeko going forward though.

Last edited:

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Blimey, how boring was that Nigeria/Iran game last night...Argentina & Bosnia to qualify from this group for certain.

Users who are viewing this thread