22 Yards - The Battleground (PC/XBOX 360) - Some Eye Candies in the Thread

So far, what do you feel about this game?

• Total voters

das_vicky

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Just like if you wear a suit, shoe and socks without pants it looks awful, similarly a screenshot that doesn't have all the elements would look awful as well :).

Jokes apart, even we are dying to show some images, but because of the above cited reasons, we are keeping them for right time. By God's grace things are really progressing well, which means we should deliver on time. Ideally in a large team, there is separate developer for Graphics and separate for AI engine and backend stuff, but I have to do it all by myself, so I unless I have tied all the pieces together, I will keep you guys waiting :)

BTW our POC(proof of concept) release target date is Dec 31st, with whole of Dec for testing and bug fixing. Prior to that, I will create a tool for our AI engine and provide the tool to interested people to see how it works.

das_vicky

International Cricketer
06 JUN 2011

Hello All,

Hope everyone is doing well. The last couple of weeks had been very hectic and low on productivity. No, its not because I was busy on something else, because its very hard to find out own silly mistake and as a result of which , spent almost 3 days debugging a silly code mistake. But all was not bad, during those debugging session, found some places where I could improve performance.

Also added a dynamic loading page. What this means that we have a scene where we can plugin any draw code and have that display when you get those dreaded loading of assets. Yes its trivial, but we got to do it. Then I modularized lot of code. Did some major changes to the Custom model class now allowing to associate Lighting Material and Texture Materials to be associated with each mesh of Model and consequently change it anytime per mesh. Also added some more elements to the 2D Gameplay engine making the screen fill with life slowly and steadily.

Now this entire month is dedicated for the AI game engine. So time for lot of Mathematics and equations. GameAI Engine would consist of 4 DLLs. Completed the first one and successfully added test code and ran multiple tests and pretty satisfied with the results. So for this entire month, I will share some more mathematical equations. I am expecting to complete 1 and half modules more this month. Hope this goes on as its going.

Internally we were also discussing the possibility of buying 3rd party solutions for UI (Buttons, ListBox etc..). We would definitely like to build one of our own, but looking at the time constraint and me being the only programmer at this point, cannot afford to work on UI for POC release. So in case if any programmer is interested to create a skinnable UI framework for XNA, do let us know. we will more than happy to get you in our team.

das_vicky

International Cricketer
Just like if you wear a suit, shoe and socks without pants it looks awful, similarly a screenshot that doesn't have all the elements would look awful as well .

Jokes apart, even we are dying to show some images, but because of the above cited reasons, we are keeping them for right time. By God's grace things are really progressing well, which means we should deliver on time. Ideally in a large team, there is separate developer for Graphics and separate for AI engine and backend stuff, but I have to do it all by myself, so I unless I have tied all the pieces together, I will keep you guys waiting

BTW our POC(proof of concept) release target date is Dec 31st, with whole of Dec for testing and bug fixing. Prior to that, I will create a tool for our AI engine and provide the tool to interested people to see how it works.

das_vicky

International Cricketer
Hello All,

Its exactly 15 days since my last blog. Work has been at constant progress ever since we started work on March 27th. So what were we working all these days. Let me put out as point list

1) Our game is a unique combination of 2D gameplay and 3D gameplay. So there should be a smooth transition from either. And yes, that's what we were working on.

2) Work on 3D scene has also started. That means, Ball, Bails, Stumps Pitch, Ground (not stadium) models are being worked on with integration into 3D engine.

3) We have started to implemented Physics into our game now. During due course we found that real world physics only sounds good. It does nothing more than reducing gameplay. So we will be simulating "real life like" physics by manipulating the physics variables.

4) Implemented few more cameras with enhanced Ball chase support. So what the heck is the Enhanced ball chase.. Well, for that you need to wait for release :)

5) Not to forget those bug fixes that we find during dev phase!!

6) Not to forget the changes made to numerous Code to enhance robustness by enforcing various guidelines, OOP semantics etc..

There's lot more, but that would look more like a code review so I will skip that point!!

So what are we upto now in next 1 month or so

1) Bowler model with 1 basic bowling animation for testing in game.

2) Custom code to handle importing of animation data and Skinned model effect.

3) Physics implementation on Wickets, bails and correct collision detection behavior for ball, stumps, bails.

3) Use that to generate ball delivery point, ball pitching point and direction of ball

4) Use above information to generate each delivery of ball (all calculation at real time) for other custom data we have.

Hope this provides some valuable insight of what we are doing these days!

kashan123999

has said thanks for this post
Hello All,

Its exactly 15 days since my last blog. Work has been at constant progress ever since we started work on March 27th. So what were we working all these days. Let me put out as point list

1) Our game is a unique combination of 2D gameplay and 3D gameplay. So there should be a smooth transition from either. And yes, that's what we were working on.

2) Work on 3D scene has also started. That means, Ball, Bails, Stumps Pitch, Ground (not stadium) models are being worked on with integration into 3D engine.

3) We have started to implemented Physics into our game now. During due course we found that real world physics only sounds good. It does nothing more than reducing gameplay. So we will be simulating "real life like" physics by manipulating the physics variables.

4) Implemented few more cameras with enhanced Ball chase support. So what the heck is the Enhanced ball chase.. Well, for that you need to wait for release :)

5) Not to forget those bug fixes that we find during dev phase!!

6) Not to forget the changes made to numerous Code to enhance robustness by enforcing various guidelines, OOP semantics etc..

There's lot more, but that would look more like a code review so I will skip that point!!

So what are we upto now in next 1 month or so

1) Bowler model with 1 basic bowling animation for testing in game.

2) Custom code to handle importing of animation data and Skinned model effect.

3) Physics implementation on Wickets, bails and correct collision detection behavior for ball, stumps, bails.

3) Use that to generate ball delivery point, ball pitching point and direction of ball

4) Use above information to generate each delivery of ball (all calculation at real time) for other custom data we have.

Hope this provides some valuable insight of what we are doing these days!

That is fantastic,Progress Increasing day by day and I am happy to listen about the 3D work which has been started,Best of luck for the future :)

das_vicky

International Cricketer
Hello All, I am in process of upgrading our Normal mapping to Relief Mapping. But I am not able to figure out a way to bake the height map into a normal map. The last resort for me would be to do it problematically where I fetch the 8 bit height map values and stuff it in the Alpha component of the Normal Texture. But does anyone know of any available tools that already does this?

kashan123999

has said thanks for this post
Hello All, I am in process of upgrading our Normal mapping to Relief Mapping. But I am not able to figure out a way to bake the height map into a normal map. The last resort for me would be to do it problematically where I fetch the 8 bit height map values and stuff it in the Alpha component of the Normal Texture. But does anyone know of any available tools that already does this?

Hey I can give you tips to make maps,As I make CS maps myself :P

das_vicky

International Cricketer
Sorry If I was not clear. I was referring to embedding Height Texture into Normal textures

das_vicky

International Cricketer
Yes,Now you are clear as a crystal :)
In previous post,You started everything at once :P

No actually you were not acquainted with those terms :). Those textures are referred to as Maps only because they are "2 point" co-ordinate mapped to another "Map" or "Mesh"

And looking at your previous reply I figured out that u wont help us with this task..:D

Users who are viewing this thread