256-bitmap colours

Ben

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi,
when I save a TIM file as 256-bitmap and then import another 256-BMP sometimes the imported image loses a lot of it's colour. Also for example I was changing the Zimbabwe helmet from red to green, now I used red=0,green=64,blue=0 but it came out as a sort of pale green so I had to make a new image;I thought that with these BMPs u could use all available colours in any image,but I think I am wrong.
Does anybody know ?

I had the same trouble many times. I used paintbrush for all my kits (Aus etc.) and when I copy-paste or use custom colors or try to save, it used to lose it's colors.
I started to first save the bmp (after converting from tim) in 256 colors and then start editing. I just had to try seveal combinations - save as a new filename or copying whole image and pasting in new paintbrush window and then save as..and once in a while it saves correctly. it's a big pain though!

Something I tried which seemed to help is edit the TIM images as 24-bitmaps and when you've finished save them as 256-bitmaps; this seems to keep the colours better.

Problem with that is if you are using custom colors, they might not appear correctly after converting to 256 colors since the color depth is reduced.
If you use only primary colors then I guess it should be fine.

If you make a kit in the highest quality .bmp and then covert it to 256 colours .bmp, it will only select the main 256 colours including black and white for that image. Say i convert aussi kit to 256 colours. I may get blues and reds, but i may not get greys.

Users who are viewing this thread