2nd T20I England v Australia at Melbourne

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Yes, this is the advantage of Finch, a lot of power and more than one shot to deliver it through.

WORLD CHAMPIONS

PC Battrick Cup Champion S17
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Smith is becoming absolutely useless day by day :facepalm Good thing, he gave support to Finch

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Interesting bowling by Shahzad; legbreak bouncer followed by the orthodox cutter outside off.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
A shocker by Smith, don't know what he was doing tonight.
O'Keefe ramps onto the stumps lol.

----------

A shocker by Smith, don't know what he was doing tonight.
O'Keefe ramps onto the stumps lol.

WORLD CHAMPIONS

50 for Finchy :D we are 10 runs shorter than the 1st T20 :p

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Smith was far too cross batted. It's not that the pitch was troublingly slow, but that it wasn't enough of a featherbed to be applying the shot to every single ball. Finch played his sweeps and pulls well because he had a range of shots and was able to use them without complication.

Nevertheless, Hussey was worse and in retrospect Paine and Watson could have tried harder.

Just like in the Caribbean, Australia may regret that their best batsman came in at six.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Speed kills on this pitch. We have got problems considering all 3 of our speedsters and wayward. I agree with what the commentators were saying, should have started with a spinner to get the momentum.

WORLD CHAMPIONS

Great start for Binga :) just Hope Tait now should follow like him too.

----------

The delivery which Tait did on free hit was a great one, he should do more of these rather than bowling loose balls.

Slowcoach

Panel of Selectors
Smooth?

I find Brett Lee's current on-field persona very irritating.
He is carrying the "old hard-man of the team" thing a bit too far for my liking.
It's not convincing, he will always be the young piano playing poof to me.
And it's not like he has the muscles, the size, or the grrr to carry it off, he scares no one, what's he gonna do, chuck a cricket ball at my head?
Big wuss.
Maybe if he tried holding his shoulders back a bit further and straightening that rod a bit further it would work a bit better (am being sarcastic by the way).
Oh, and wickets would help.

Users who are viewing this thread