7. Andrew 'Freddie' Flintoff
8. Graeme 'Swanny' Swann
9. James 'Jimmy' Anderson
10. Steve 'Grevious Bodily' Harmison
11. Graham 'Hot Dog' Onions

P

pcfan123

Cook (last chance for this series)
Straussy (needs to stop being so defensive as captain)
Bopara (showed promise, unlucky in 2nd innings)
Collingwood ( promoted above KP as he proved he has the patience to play a long innings)
KP
Prior
Flintoff (1st change in bowling)
Swann (still our best spinner)
Broad (2nd change/ last chance for this series)
Anderson (opening bowler)
Onions (opening bowler)

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Panesar out is a must. Harmison, Onions or Sidebottom is harder. I'd like to know more about the pitch first. My inclination is not Sidebottom and veering towards Harmy but if it's a green-top then Onions.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Panesar out is a must. Harmison, Onions or Sidebottom is harder. I'd like to know more about the pitch first. My inclination is not Sidebottom and veering towards Harmy but if it's a green-top then Onions.

Harmison's got a good record at Lord's.

OnlyClarkey

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I'm going with the unpopular and very unlikely :
Strauss
Bopara
Pietersen
Bell
Collingwood
Prior
Flintoff
Swann
Sidebottom
Harmison
Anderson

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Recalling a guy who managed to get out to Hauritz in a warm-up? I agree that he's probably better than Bopara but dropping Cook is OTT imo. He made 200 against Aus 4 years ago remember.

Sureshot

Executive member
I'm surprised people still mention Harmison, have we not learnt our lesson?

Both Onions and Sidebottom are ahead of him in the order.

Onions in for Panesar. Maybe Sidebottom in for Broad.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Sidebottom has lost his pace. Harmison can produce wickets on pitches that aren't swinging and seaming with his bounce.

Sureshot

Executive member
He was bowling at 86mph (ave) the other day. Key thing is, he is completely over the achilles injury (think it was achilles).

Harmison can also flop, as he has done for the past 2 years in an England shirt.

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
He's looked back to the old Sidebottom this summer. I would say he is a lot more likely to take wickets than Broad, who whilst talented quite clearly needs to go play in county cricket. I would give Broad a last chance though, you never know.

karnog

International Cricketer
Lol i'll go the six batsman route (highly unlikely considering the English masturbate over the 2005 ashes)

Strauss
Cook
Collingwood
Pietersen
Bopara
Moore/Any county performer
Prior
Flintoff
Swann/Harmison (depends on pitch)
Onions
Anderson

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
I don't think you can rely on Flintoff to assume a full bowling load. Also after a match where we only took 6 wickets why are you dropping a bowler?

karnog

International Cricketer
The pitch was quite placid in fairness. The issue is the batsmen. The batters really let England down. None converted and you have to admit its been a long term problem (certainly since South Africa toured anyway). Prior seems a handy player but not a top six batsman. I also think they had too many inefficient bowling spots. Broad really doesn't add much to the dimension of the bowling attack. I think the key problem with the line up is Flintoff. Can he bowl a full spell? If not whats the point of him being in the attack then? Hence Onions becomes important because he's the work horse.

karnog added 4 Minutes and 10 Seconds later...

Ok i didn't explain why i dropped a bowler. I did so because England have too much of a "sameness" in their attack. Anderson and Flintoff are obviously different. Broad and Monty don't add much to the main attack. Swann i think can bowl much better than he did in this test. Onions was very impressive and bowled with a lot of heart. Yes Harmison seemed impressive but i'm inclined to give Onions and Sidebottom more of a chance because they've earned it for playing consistenly for years. However i believe Sidebottom hasn'y played much first class cricket so Harmison is ahead of Sidebottom right now.

Users who are viewing this thread