Venue : Calcutta

Pitch
Day 1 wet
Day 2 normal
Day 3 dry
Day 4 dry
Day 5 dry

Pakistan is batting first

Good luck to the sides. Rangeela,are you using sonic's patch?

Waqar Younis: We are really pleased with our 1st inning performance. We scored 487 even though we thought about getting it to 600 before the inning started. I am happy with Saeed Anwar?s performance. He came out big in last match to pull us off with a win and today he scored a magnificent century. Youhana and Abdul Razzaq played awesome today and helped the team to get to a decent total. Now we will be looking to attack with our bowling. We are glad to have Shoaib Akhtar back in the line up. I am accepting him to be very deadly with a ball tomorrow. I am looking forward for day 2.

Match Summary:
Close of Day 1 play: Pakistan 487 all out.

PS: Sonic, the field patch is really great. It is tough to get a boundary especially on straight drive. Great work!

Originally posted by Auwais BARTHEZ@May 24 2003, 05:00 AM
Good luck to the sides. Rangeela,are you using sonic's patch?
Yeah Auwais, we are using sonic's field patch

HI Rangeela,
I am back and shall play the first innings soon.
thanks

Originally posted by sachida@May 27 2003, 09:33 AM
HI Rangeela,
I am back and shall play the first innings soon.
thanks
Welcome back Sachida,

I hope you enjoyed your weekend at Niagra Falls.
good luck with your inning

Sonics fielding patch is really good. It takes off lots of hassle that we previously had and makes scoring difficult and interesting.
:up: to sonic :ice:

thanks guys, I'm glad you like it. Rangeela you really must have taken some risks big-hitting like that, scoring in 49 overs is some achievement with 6 men on the boundary, especially as they are so well placed. scoring 8 an over is not impossible but to get 10 an over is quite breathtaking. Spinners are the hardest of all to face as there are no easy shots to be had at all really, even glances down to third man are no longer "boundary" shots, and playing a sweep can prove risky in the early stages of a batsman's innings as their is a well placed catcher at backward square. My advice on the patch is to slog only medium pacers, as they are the only bowlers in which you can clear the field, everything else is very tough. So keep your wits about you sachida!

I am going to work on upgrading the field placings. As you will be aware, there is only one field layout for each type i.e agressive, attack, standard etc. i shall be adding additional ones to each type which will have varied positions, just when you thought you had a certain field cracked, it will jump up and bite on you on the nose!

thanks again and good luck to you both in this test

sonic

Users who are viewing this thread