Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 60%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

_Nabeel_

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hey guys...
You read it right,3rd March the day when I would enter into the confusing world of Board Exams...:D

I am a student of High School of ICSE board and our first exam would be English Language(Grammer),I am bit confused(not bit but totally) as I really don't know what should I do to prepare it,the Essay is unseen,the letter is unseen,The passage is unseen....

i practiced some Transformation of Sentences and nothing else right now,I am familiar with both letter's formats and am bit good in making essays of my own...

I know some of you guys would have given the exam of ICSE,so i really want to ask what to do or what to practice....I am also very afraid as the answer sheets go to South India and you know how breathlessly they speak English,even English cannot speak the English South Indians speak:p.....

shrenik

International Coach
though i wasn't from the ISCE board when i gave my std X exams,i can give you words of advice regarding the Eng paper and others if you want.

be thorough with your lessons.You can score a lot of marks in the passages.
Secondly,you need to be perfect with your grammar coz that's where you get 10/10 or 15/15.
As far as essay-writing is concerned,just give it an impressive start.If you do that you are bound to get good marks for the essay coz they just read the initial few lines and don't even bother to read the entire essay.
Highlight the things,obviously with a pencil,that you think would catch the eyes of the person correcting the paper

and lastly log-off from PC and give some time tp your studies :p
All the Best for your exams

Neo95

Club Cricketer
I am in ICSE and English-1(Grammar) is one of my easiest subjects.I just entered 10th
A tip of advice for English -read articles ,practice essays -but sadly this advice works wonders for English a few months before the exams not a day before the exams:p

Anyways just practice how much you can.

P.S-I live in South India(not a native South Indian) and their English is usually the opposite of what you think(esp Andhra Pradesh).:D

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Oh God, I have my test tomorrow. Please help me to prepare for it. There are about 50 questions from which only 5 are going to be asked. It's the 'battlefield' for me.:sarcasm

_Nabeel_

Club Cricketer
Thanks guys..
Just preparing myself mentally to jump into this ocean of Exams....

I am more emphasizing upon transformation of sentences....
I am good in the previous part but the transformation makes me go down and down....

trying to excel in that also,if I got transformation right,then I bet I can score distinction in English

Funknath

Panel of Selectors
My Language exam went pretty well. Hoping to get 20/25 in essay 7/10 in letter, 15/20 in Comprehension and 16/20 in Grammar :D ...have Literature tomorrow...only 9 poems left to study. How was your exam, Nabeel?

_Nabeel_

Club Cricketer
Language was good.....
20 or above in Essay(chose 4th one) and 7 to 8 in Letter(first one)....

comprehension was very good except two word meaning and trasnformation was OK....
hoping to get distinction out of hundred....

preparing Lit. now and Julius Caesar is completed....8 stories and 5 poems.....

how you doing??

Funknath

Panel of Selectors
Language was good.....
20 or above in Essay(chose 4th one) and 7 to 8 in Letter(first one)....

comprehension was very good except two word meaning and trasnformation was OK....
hoping to get distinction out of hundred....

preparing Lit. now and Julius Caesar is completed....8 stories and 5 poems.....

how you doing??

You did the story :eek: btw didn't your teacher say that you don't get enough marks in story/picture composition(Several formats are their for story)
for or against(as the teacher correcting may either be for or against)...essay I did the 3rd one and letter the second one ;) and comprehension I couldn't get the first meaning. Grammar part was gun!

Yesterday I had finished everything by 12am..now gave a brief revision and now on net so that I can go give the exam with a fresh mind :D

Last edited:

Funknath

Panel of Selectors
Exam went pretty well. I didn't study one story and question came from that but I knew the answer so I attend it.

I attended question 1,2,5,6,7. What about you Nabeel?

_Nabeel_

Club Cricketer
I attended 1,2,6,7,8 and after that 5th one also.....

done all 6 questions...Gilpin question was the best....
OK in Julius Caesar and Luncheon part was also OK...

do not know what tricks the teacher's mind would play....
can't say or guess the no. of marks in EngLit,anytime he/she could be mad...but its good to me that my copies are going to south(they are good tempered people)

Funknath

Panel of Selectors
I attended 1,2,6,7,8 and after that 5th one also.....

done all 6 questions...Gilpin question was the best....
OK in Julius Caesar and Luncheon part was also OK...

do not know what tricks the teacher's mind would play....
can't say or guess the no. of marks in EngLit,anytime he/she could be mad...but its good to me that my copies are going to south(they are good tempered people)

Gilpin was the easiest IIRC :p..I didn't study At Home still I answered it as it was easy. Tithonus was easy also...Julius Caesar went good also..both the question was easy and simple..I have doubt over Q1 iii and Q2 iii.

BTW how do you know your paper will go to South?

_Nabeel_

Club Cricketer
LOL,I also at Q1(iii) and Q2(v)....
I didn't studied those two poems but answered it well and I just read the theme and summary of At home.....

_Nabeel_

Club Cricketer
Hey..
we have a Physics Paper today...
I have done 5 questions in section-B
and I am hoping to get all the things right:banana2
definitely more than 90 or even 95 in Physics....
what about you Funknath????

Funknath

Panel of Selectors
Physics was good...I took 50min to complete Sec A and completed Sec B in about 40min..will get 65/80 easily :D

Users who are viewing this thread