3rd Match, Group A - Central Districts v Chennai Super Kings @ Durban

Aditya

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I am supporting CSK for this match. CSK have a very balanced side. But we should not underestimate Central Districts side. As we saw in the first match of the champions league, Mumbai Indians were favourite to win the match but in the end Lions won the match by 9 runs. So, anything can happen in this match but still I support CSK for this match, they have some quality batsman and bowlers in their side. In my opinion CSK are the favourites to win this match.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Watch out for Kieran Noema-Barnett, a very Pollard like player.
He has extremely ████ stats, which was kind of like Pollard when he first appeared for T&T in last years edition.
He scored 49 off 28 in the HRV Cup final, and shared a match winning partnership of 133 with Taylor.

CD are really going to struggle though, without their three best players.

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Watch out for Kieran Noema-Barnett, a very Pollard like player.
He has extremely ████ stats, which was kind of like Pollard when he first appeared for T&T in last years edition.
He scored 49 off 28 in the HRV Cup final, and shared a match winning partnership of 133 with Taylor.

CD are really going to struggle though, without their three best players.

I agree, he can be very destructive on his day. As can Brendon Diamanti too. The fast bowlers will be good to have a look at though, apparently CD have some of the quickest bowlers in NZ

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
I'll definitely have to give this match a watch, I haven't yet been able to watch Adam Milne bowl but I've only heard good things about him, quite excited really. Same goes with Mitchell McClenaghan who unfortunately missed all last seasons domestic cricket because of a hip injury, had that injury not occurred one would think that he'd be the international cricketer right now and Andy McKay would still be the domestic journeyman.

Just on some of the players that haven't played international cricket yet.

Doug Bracewell -19 Big athletic guy, more of a bowling all-rounder, he's been playing first class cricket for a couple of years now, played for New Zealand during the last under 19 world cup, he get's it through at about 140K.

Bevan Griggs -32 Wicket keeper batsmen, decent enough keeper but not much chop with the bat in 20/20 cricket. He will have a point to prove after being dropped from the CD contract list last month though.

Mitchell McClenaghan -24 Left-arm fast bowler, said to be the quickest bowler in NZ domestic cricket (pre last years injury anyhow). If you see similarities in his action of Mitchell Johnson then no your not going crazy, McClenaghan played with him as a teenager and copied his action as best he could to strive for more pace.

Adam Milne -18 As I said earlier I've yet to see Adam Milne bowl as he only made his first class debut at the end of last years season. From what I've heard though is that he's tall and pacey, Matthew Bell said he was the quickest bowler he'd faced in last years domestic season.

Kieran Noema-Barnett -23 Pretty average cricketer really, he can give the ball a whack and he's got fairly decent medium pace but as a whole I've never really rated him. He can hit the ball a long way though so if he get's going he's a decent 20/20 batsmen.

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
I'll be watching this tournament only to know more about individual players. Looking forward to see what CD have in store.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
If CD win it would easily be the biggest upset in the CL history. Hayden loves SA so maybe this will be the return of the old Hayden, Hussey will still be sky high with his T20 performance too.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Lol, the match isn't even on live in NZ, shows you how much the NZ public cares about the CL.
EPL, US Open, PGA Tour, Basketball WC all take preference...

Reply is on at 11am tomorrow morning though.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Lol, CSK are such a fail. 5/2 with Hayden and Raina already out. IPL teams in general are such a fail. Indian batsmen are such a fail on pitches with any sort of bounce. It's pathetic really.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Lol, CSK are such a fail. 5/2 with Hayden and Raina already out. IPL teams in general are such a fail. Indian batsmen are such a fail on pitches with any sort of bounce. It's pathetic really.

I do not think so, Dhawan batting for the first time on South African Pitches played well with 30 ball 32.Although not so high strike rate but still.

Right Now This two are really batting well. Awesome partnership. It's just people have got their thinking against Indian Batsman. We will soon prove them wrong in the month of Jan when we tour them and win atleast 1-0 or draw 1-1 & win may be a tough ODI series with 3-2.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Awesome partnership my foot. They got their runs once that left arm spinner and that medium pacer came on and pitched the ball up. Then Mason got whacked for pitching the ball up. They were all clueless against short bowling.

ZoraxDoom added 1 Minutes and 23 Seconds later...

Good innings from Srikkanth nevertheless. Under pressure and everything. But CD did lose the plot a bit.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
That 18 year guy bowled well though. CD got carried away in last 10 overs, & this is where you need experience in the side. At the moment, Chennai is on drivers' seat.

Well played Srikkanth & Badri. Splendid partnership under huge pressure. :hpraise

P

pcfan123

These kiwi boys look awful against Dougie.

Nice drop too , this is going to be the tournament of drops. The fielding standard is pretty bad so far, almost Pakistan Test level standard

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Great ball by Ashwin; very Swann-esque dismissal. I think he has a future in the Indian team, at least in the limited overs formats. He varies his pace well, gets good turn and flights the ball just enough. He's also got that surprise quicker delivery.

Users who are viewing this thread