7th Match, Group B - Mumbai Indians v South Australia @ Durban

AkshayS

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
It will be a big clash between these teams.
MI's stars will look to make a comeback in the match whereas SA would just look to put one foot into finals. This should be interesting.

Waiting for an Tait vs Tendulkar battle.

Last edited by a moderator:

used2bcool

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
Yep, it will be interesting to see. MI are probably the weakest of the three IPL teams on the basis of consistency. Their batting and bowling for the most part are one-man shows. The batting is especially weak should Tendulkar fail, because there's no one in that middle order who can bat under pressure - even Pollard gave away his wicket to a useless shot against the Lions. Also they suffer from Tendulkar's captaincy and his tendency to pull rabbits out of his hat that don't work.

Mumbai should work Dwayne Bravo into the lineup to add class, experience, and steel to the middle order. I don't rate Saurabh Tiwary much, so I don't care if he's replaced by another interchangeable domestic player. The game is at Durban, which means that all domestic players (with the possible exception of Shikhar Dhawan) should be easily dispatched with pacey short stuff aimed at the body. Since Tendulkar/team management has decided that Ryan McLaren is not good enough to bowl more than an over, it's a waste of a foreign player spot to keep playing him.

I loved the way the Redbacks went about their business against the Lions and I think they would be well-positioned for a win here. SA v RCB is probably the game that decides the winner in this weak group.

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
The theory that the IPL has caused alot of the Indian youngsters to struggle against pace and bounce continues to look true here.

Biggy

Panel of Selectors
Redbacks are bowling much better compared to their first match.

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
The inane mutterings of Bhogle is really starting to annoy me now. At least Pollock talks some sense although he can be a tad boring.

Decent match in stall though. SA have really got Mumbai reeling at the moment.

Has anyone seen Pollards face lately? He looked a mess when he came off in the Twenty20 final for Somerset.

P

pcfan123

The inane mutterings of Bhogle is really starting to annoy me now. At least Pollock talks some sense although he can be a tad boring.

Bhogle is just plain awful. Everything about him sucks.

Ahmad Shah

Panel of Selectors
wow they are really making it big 4 sixes in last 3 overs

ahmad shah added 1 Minutes and 25 Seconds later...

Bhogle is just plain awful. Everything about him sucks.

Yeah True i second that i don't know why they call him to commentate :doh

Biggy

Panel of Selectors
Here's the real Redbacks bowling line-up - ████. Should've kept the quicks going and bowled Tait when Pollard was fresh.:facepalm

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Poor tactics are costing SA. Predictable cricket means runs in T20. I think maybe they could actually use one more seamer and one less batsman.

And there it is, Tait! First ball back is miscued.

Users who are viewing this thread