7th ODI: Australia v England at Perth

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Our squad

Squad Brad Haddin (wk), Tim Paine, Callum Ferguson, Cameron White (capt), David Hussey, Adam Voges, Mitchell Johnson, John Hastings, Jason Krejza, Brett Lee, Shaun Tait, Doug Bollinger.

I'm guessing Hastings will officially go into the number 7 spot. Really don't get how Christian has missed out especially with Watson out. Anyway at long last they are playing Paine and Haddin in the same side.

formula1man

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
well I'm not happy they gave Clarke a rest. He is finally getting some form and he will get a rest after the series. He needs to continue his great run and build some confidence.

Covvy

Panel of Selectors
It'll be interesting how Krejza goes. I have a feeling he's gonna go awesome this match, go to the world cup and then get demolished over there.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Krejza struggles in this format so I don't know how much impact he'll make. And they are picking him at the ground where he got dropped. But not fussed about him being picked we have no one else knocking on the door so may as well try the attacking option.

CremerCurrans

ICC Chairman
SA.....
ZIM...
Profile Flag
Zimbabwe
Just remembered that O'Keefe is injured, so Krezja was the only option. O'Keefe should be fit come world cup time. So unless Krezja has a blinder this match he should get the nod.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Just remembered that O'Keefe is injured, so Krezja was the only option. O'Keefe should be fit come world cup time. So unless Krezja has a blinder this match he should get the nod.

Ye basically. As a Krejza fan i hope he does bowl well & if Hauritz/Doherty injuries dont recover in time & he goes to the WC & plays the odd game & does well. A recall to the test team for SRI tour is very much on the cards.

I think Haddin could have been rested as well & Warner could have been given a game to open.

Hodge also should be in ahead of Voges. But hell, ATS, its not surprise that this crop of selectors continue to treat him like dirt.

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
well I'm not happy they gave Clarke a rest. He is finally getting some form and he will get a rest after the series. He needs to continue his great run and build some confidence.

Agree with this. Clarke's just getting somewhere with the bat, and he deserves to close out the series as the winning captain. Haddin is the one who should be rested, a) because he's done a crapload of work this summer, and b) because now they have to play both he and Paine together.

Hopefully Brett Lee is the bowler rested.

And where's Mitch going to bat? #7 at least :yes Certainly above Hastings because England have worked him out already: bowl at his head. If Woakes hadn't stuffed up that first bouncer in the last over yesterday, he could have had Hastings on the back foot all last over.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
I don't think they will officially put Johnson at 7, doesn't need the added pressure of the media hailing him as the next Sobers. Looks like we are going to have two keepers opening the batting, not often you see that :) So I'm guessing the official lineup will be:

Haddin
Paine
Ferguson
White
Dussey
Voges
Hastings
Johnson
Krejza
Bollinger
Tait

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors

And he's the captain as well.

I'm interested to see who will be the vice-captain for this game, probably Haddin.

Sureshot

Executive member
I reckon Wright will come in for Collingwood and that'll be the only change.

Users who are viewing this thread