8th Match, Group A - Central Districts v Victoria @ Centurion

CremerCurrans

ICC Chairman
SA.....
ZIM...
Profile Flag
Zimbabwe
Victorian selectors have turned to Test duo Peter Siddle and Bryce McGain ahead of the team's must win match against the Central Stags in the Airtel Champion's League Twenty20 today (Wednesday).

Siddle comes in as a direct replacement for Shane Harwood, who is carrying a slight calf strain, while all-rounder Glenn Maxwell has been left out from the team which lost to the Warriors on Monday.

(Copied from Victorian Bushrangers website)

would like to see hastings opening the bowling with nannes

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
From the circinfo preview:

Central Districts might be unfancied, they might have been blown away by Chennai Super Kings, they might be missing Ross Taylor, Jesse Ryder and Jacob Oram, but expect a feisty effort against the Australian champions, Victoria Bushrangers.

Lol, shows you how much they know.

Sartaj

Panel of Selectors
:rtfl
But its not fair to have your best player taken away from you though.
Ross Taylor single-handedly won them the final (IINR)

angryangy

ICC Chairman
The changes for Victoria are positive. It will be interesting to see Siddle up and running again after a long time away. The bowling depth is great (6 bowlers who've played for Australia, plus one more who will probably get his chance), so if they bowl poorly, there's going to be a change worth making.

On the other hand, the only spare batsmen in the squad is the backup keeper Carters, so they need to get the best from their order. I'd swap Quiney with Wade. Quiney is amazing when he gets it right, but too prone to low scores for the top order. Similarly, Wade is too classy a batsman to be coming in at the 15 over mark.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
That is the side I would have gone with in the first game. Agree with Angry that Wade should be batting higher, his talents are wasted down the order and Quinley is as stated too hit and miss.

Biggy

Panel of Selectors
This match starts at a decent time in Australia.:D Victoria to walk all over the Stags imo. When How and Sinclair are your premier players you're in trouble.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Victoria just has it all over Central tbh, I don't give them a chance in hell of winning this. With Nannes, Siddle and McKay they should comfortably have it over the Central batsmen who all struggle (and I'm talking about the main three here) to score of quicker bowlers in 20/20 cricket. Then when you factor in that this pitch is suppose to be a cracker you really have to wonder just how much Victoria will make against an attack made up of teenagers.

I just hope Victoria bat first tbh, I want another good look at the likes of Milne and Bracewell. I'd also love to see the likes of Wade and co too.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
It COULD be closer than everyone's thinking, having seen how SA are doing, there is some hope for CD.
I would have been tempted to stay up and watch the first hour of it, but I got an exam in the morning.

TBH I don't think How/Sinclair are the key for CD, if they're going to win a game, I think it'll take a special knock from an unknown player.

khalek

Panel of Selectors
^ SA are a far better T20 side than stags atm. Harris, Klinger, Borgas are much more aggressive players than How, Ingram and Sinclair and without Oram, Stags look toothless in their bowling department. I think they are a slightly better side than Guyana.

This is a good opportunity for Bushrangers to get a big win to keep that NRR high.

riz7khan12

Panel of Selectors
Oram, Stags look toothless in their bowling department. I think they are a slightly better side than Guyana.

thats just not true atm. The bowlers did a great job in containing the CSK batsmen and picking up wickets but just couldn't continue to build the pressure because of their lack of experience.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Ponder this:

SA = 91 INT matches
CD = 189 INT matches
Guyana = 334 INT matches
Sachin = 612 INT matches

CG123 added 0 Minutes and 42 Seconds later...

I guess one thing it does show is how much stronger Australia are, than the WI and NZ.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Central stacking the team with batsmen I see, rather risky against this batting line up.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
3-2 after the first over. Not a great start for Central Districts.

The stadium is almost empty.

Users who are viewing this thread