A bunch of stuff (latest updates in 1st post)

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Creations on the Academy:

Unless otherwise stated these will have logos, updated rosters, line ups, kits (not perfect). Where possible I've tried to update physical appearance and bats where possible.

Teams for.

• West Indies domestic - all teams **Updated 5 June 2017
  • CPL - all teams ** 2017 kits and squads 7 August 2017
  • Zimbabwe -all domestic teams + faces **UPDATED 25 May 2017
  • Bangladesh - all BPL teams (Rajashi replacing Sylhet and Khulna recreated separately) **UPDATED 25 May 2017
  • Sri Lanka - all teams (T20) **Updated 7 June 2017
  • International - Afghanistan, Hong Kong, Ireland, Netherlands, Papua New Guinea (4 July 2017) Scotland and UAE (6 July 2017), Oman and Nepal (8 July 2017), Kenya and Canada (9 July 2017)
  • India - teams in the Ranji trophy (including kits, rosters, stadiums, player appearances). Player appearances not yet done for Maharashtra, Mumbai, Odisha, Punjab, Railways, Rajasthan, Saurashtra, Services, Tamil Nadu.
  • IPL - logos for RCB, Dehli Daredevils, Gujarat (spilt in 2), KKR, Sunrisers (split in 2), Kings XI, Mumbai)
  • New Zealand - just team logos
All of these have logos, linked players with real names, updated squads (missing players and changes), accurate line ups, kits (with logos sponsors, right colours and close to design.)

Username: wasteyouryouth_

Logo examples:

Row 1 -Gujarat Lions, Chittagong Vikings, Matabeleland Tuskers
Row 2 - Midwest Rhinos, Dhaka Dynamites, Rangpur Riders
Row 3 - Royal Challengers Bangalore, Barisal Bulls, Comilla Victorians
Row 4 - Mountaineers, Mashonaland Eagles, Kings XI Punjab

mNpFTru.png

Last edited:

GorgeousGeorge59

County Cricketer
Hi mate,

On the Academy, the Rhinos and Tuskers logos are different to the ones in the above post. Any reason for that?

TekkogsSteve

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Scotland
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Awesome work mate. Do fancy helping us out on the mammoth project that is the Indian domestic teams over on the India thread?

Skankhunt 42

Banned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Also helping me out with what did you learn so that I can join the party as well....! Just make a recording while creating a logo and share with us (me).. please!

Pat

International Coach

Skankhunt 42

Banned
yup! I did. Thank you! But using this method on complex design like the logo of Bengal is not providing the quality! drawing it afresh was much less effort consuming. but the point is, removing nodes taking all details away and even then it failed to import!

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Hi mate,

On the Academy, the Rhinos and Tuskers logos are different to the ones in the above post. Any reason for that?

They are old versions. Both of the ones shown above should be on there. Just make sure you have max results set to 50 when searching otherwise they might not show up.

Also helping me out with what did you learn so that I can join the party as well....! Just make a recording while creating a logo and share with us (me).. please!

I started off using a program called Boxy SVG and then Inkscape. Boxy is quite straight forward to use and has less options but I still started doing most of my logos using that. Usually I then tweaked them on Inkscape. They are both open-source (free).

Inkscape has a 'simplify' tool which usually removes a lot of nodes and making the file size smaller (doesn't always work though) so it is easier to get them imported into the Academy.

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
Great stuff. Hopefully get to try a KSL project done after the counties

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
I've uploaded teams for the domestic West Indies. Real player names, some updated faces, line ups, kits, logos and linked to stadiums that others have created.

Barbados
Combined Colleges & Campuses
Guyana
ICC Americas
Jamaica
Leeward Islands
Trinidad & Tobago
Windward Islands

Username: wasteyouryouth_

Any corrections let me know.

Users who are viewing this thread