A Complete Tutorial For AI Patch Makers!, by Boss

boss

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Part:1 Important AI configs, 2:CPU Pacing, 3: Ball Conditions

Friends,

As i promised in my CGP download thread, here we go!, the one-stop solution you are looking forward to unleash the AI configurations never before!, it doesn't get any bigger and better than this!. So lets go through this!. As this is a very extensive analysis i also archieved it as a zip file(and much more readable!)and attached with this thread!, looking forward to your comments, feedback, review!, I request the mod/admin to make this thread a Sticky one, so that everyone can find this with out any difficulty!.

A Complete Tutorial For EAC2004 AI Configuration Patch Makers

Prepared By: A.R.Karthick (aka) Boss

Thanks to: Planetcricket.net forum Members, Moderators and Administrator.

Web Link: http://eac2004.sphosting.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PART:1 - Important Configuration Changes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Required Tools:

Prakash Config Editor v3, Graphic Importer v3 and Field Editor to make your AI patch along with this extensive AI Configs Unleashed by me!

Here is the Step-by-Step Guide for AI Config Patch Makers. In this Part We are going to analyse the important configuration parameters that affect both CPU AI and Ours!.

Generally when you import any of the configuration patch in Prakash's Config Editor You can see lot of tabs!, Here I am explaining Each and Every Parameters in ODI and TEST match AI Settings. (That can be found in the editor as "ODI Easy", "ODI Normal", "ODI Hard" and "TEST Easy", "TEST Normal", "TEST Hard". These are the defining parameters that can change the ODI and TEST matches AI at Various Game Modes. Let us see one by one!

Title: ;Human Stroke Difficulty

The Parameters Starting with ";" are just titles that describes the content of that file. They actually doesn't have anything to do with.Though it state the Human stroke difficulty, few of it still affect the CPU also.

1. DiffLevel:

This is the Important Parameter. It actually describes the Difficulty of the Human Player in every aspect. That is timing of the shot, Edges, Batsmen Confidence of going after the ball etc. This parameter is related with all the other parameters. Lesser Difficulty Means we can find the placing and timing of the stroke soon, Vast direction of the shots, Good Power to the shots, Less no of Edges, More Confidence and viceversa for Higher difficulty.

Usually 0.000000 difficulty means There is no difficuty at all, as if it u are in pretty good form straight away, 0.500000 difficulty means upto your confidence meter is half full(i.e. you are half settled), You may find difficult to time the ball, maximising the chances of edges by going after the ball, and also less power and direction in strokes. You have to set it correctly to get your desired level.

2. ScoreBias:

This is the scoring difference between top order, middle order, lower order and tailender batsmen in the team.i.e, Over all difference between quality teams and lesser quality teams and sums it up in the final result. Larger this parameter means there is plenty of difference in scoring between the team and vice versa for lower value.

This parameter affects the CPU Team is well.

We should leave this parameter un-touched. Usually it will bring bizarre results then!, any how u may go after this param if u like!

3. StrokeDiffLevel:

Stroke Difficulty Level is related with DiffLevel Param. You may find it difficult to time and place the shots until you are settled(i.e. until you exceed your difficulty level period!,). Usually higher this parameter means very hard to score runs and viceversa for lower value.

Usually 0.000000 StrokeDiffLevel means you can score freely from the very beginning and higher this number higher the difficulty.

This Parameter also affects the CPU StrokeDifficulty.

You've to balance the values between DiffLevel and StrokeDiffLevel to get it right!

4. BallsFacedLevel:

This value determines your confidence in batting(i.e. Willingness to go after the bowling!). Lower this value means you may gain your confidence quickly and viceversa for higher value.

If this value is 0.0 you may gain your confidence so quickly after hitting few runs there by timing and placing are pretty easy, if you mistimed or edged a few your confidence will fall gradually. Gradually increase this parameter to get it right!

This parameter is for us only!

5. BatOrderLevel:

Batting Line-up Order Level determines the flexibility of the batting line-up!,(it may look similar to ScoreBias, but is different). If higher this value means the top order of the team will play well(even though few mess it up!) and lower this value means lesser flexibility in the team, i.e. more collapse in the line-up may occur. This is important AutoPlay Parameter is well!.

This parameter is for CPU is well.

Usually 0.700000 will set this parameter right.(i.e. 70% Batting Flexibility!)

6. BatRandomLevel:

This parameter determines how various batsmen in the team plays well on different situations. (i.e. on random situations). Higher this value means more players in the team tend to play well on different situations irrespective of their form or quality and viceversa for the lower value.

This Parameter is for us only!, and it also affects on AutoPlay Results!

Usually 3.000000 will set this parameter right!.

7. BatEdgeDifficulty:

This parameter is important in determining the Edges happened in the game!. Usually you get lot of edges until you exceed your difficulty period,(i.e. DiffLevel and StrokeDiffLevel). Less this value means there is less edges and viceversa for high values. This parameter also affects CPU.

Say if this value is 0.0 means no edges at all in the game!, basically 0.2 will give the 20% edges in the game!

8. BatEdgeStroke:

This parameter determines the edges occured when attacking shots played rather than defensive shots. Less this value means less edges when shots played viceversa for the higher value.This also depends on DiffLevel and StrokeDiffLevel. This parameter also affects CPU.

If this value is 0.0, there will be no edges during shots played. By setting this value into 0.05 will give the 5% edges during the strokes play!.

9. BatEdgeAverage:

This Parameter is closely related to BatEdgeDifficulty. Usually determines the frequency of edges occuring in the game irrespective of quality and order of the player whether they are playing defensive or aggressive shots. Less this value means lesser occurence of the edges and high value means high amount of edges can be expected. This parameter is for CPU also.

Say if this value is 0.0, there will be very rare chance of edges. By setting this value equal to the value of BatEdgeDifficulty(say 0.2) you will get good results. (20% chance of edges during any shots).

10. BatEdgeOrder:

This parameter determines how the various players in the line-up will get the edges. Lesser this value means there will be edges to all the players in the team regardless of their batting order. If this parameter is higher then top and middle order batsmen will get less number of edges. This parameter also affects CPU.

If this value is 0.0, the edges occurence will be distributed to all the players in the line-up, Basically setting this upto 0.05 will give less edges for top and middle order batsmen.

11. BatEdgeBias:

This value determines the edges produced on different type of pitches. Higher the value, bigger the difference of edges produced on different types of pitches and vice versa. This parameter affects both the CPU and us.

If this value is 0.0, then there will be same amount of edges on all pitches whether it is Green pitch or Dusty Pitch. So generally setting this parameter to 0.1 will do the trick!,(i.e. 10% edge occurence difference!)

Title: ;Bat Windows

1. BatWindowCentre:

This parameter determines the centre spot of the bat, i.e.basically 0.0. Don't try to modify this value as it will provide weird gameplay then. For eg if you make it to 1.0 then all the shots will be played from the outside edge of the bat!.

2. BatWindowSize:

This Parameter determines the bat's space size. The in-game parameter 14.0 is ideal. If this value is increased then u can play any shot any where. For eg: If you double this value as if it you are batting with 2 bats, weird!, isn't it?.

3. BatWindowIdealSize:

This is the prime parameter of determining edges, timing, and power of the stroke. This Parameter is closely related with MaxPosAdjust and MaxTrajAdjust parameters.(Let see these parameters in detail afterwards!). This is also affect the CPU. If this value is 3.0 means there is medium amount of edges, timing and power provided to shots. To increase it to 5.0 means you have the less number of edges, but good timing and power provided to the shot. Gradually decrase or increase it to your preference.

Title: ;Batsman Position Adjust

1. MaxPosAdjust:

Determines the maximum position covered or adjusted by the batsmen to hit the ball or to leave it. Less number of this value means minimum foot movement on the crease and high value means maximum foot movement/adjustment on the crease. The value 0.1 is ideal, though you can change it to your preference. This parameter is common.

Title: ;Ball Adjust

1. MaxTrajAdjust:

Determines the trajectory judgement of the ball by batsmen. (i.e. Seam movement, Swing, Spin, Speed variation!). Lesser this value, lesser the movement prediction and viceversa for the higher value. This value is closely related to MaxPosAdjust. By balancing between them we can get the perfect gameplay. The ideal value is 0.1, still you can change it to your taste.

Title: ;CPU Stroke Selection

1.2.3. CpuBallBatsman, CpuBallStump, CpuBallLength:

Though this parameter is stated for CPU, still affects us. This parameter determines How the CPU (and us) moving position in the crease, How they judge the ball bowled at the stumps and How they judge the movement of the ball on the pitch respectively. Lesser value means lesser movement on the crease, vulnerable at stumps, and wrong judgement of the movement of the ball and higher this value means higher movement on the crease, higher accuracy shots on the balls at the stumps, and good judgement of seam,swing,spin. We can play a bit between this value to get it right. In-game value is 7.0 (for all three parameter!), i.e.ideal generally. For a slightly challenging play you have to change it to 9.0, 3.0, and 6.0 respectively.

4.5. CpuBatsmanType, CpuBatsmanType2:

Determines how aggressive the first batsman and the second batsman among the two at the crease will bat. Lesser these value, lesser aggressive and viceversa for higher values. This parameter is closely related with CpuReward and CpuRequest. It is also one of the parameter that will affect the autoplay. The in-game value 22.0 for CpuBatsmanType and 0.06 for CpubatsmanType2 are ideal. Anyhow you can examine with various values to get it right. But remember if you increase the CpuBatsmanType2 value too much you mostly ended in weird game play. Trade-off between this value should be equal and minimum.

6. CpuRequest, CpuReward:

Determines the overall batting approach by the CPU. Higher these value, CPU play aggressively according to the match situation through out the innings and viceversa for the lower values. These are the important Autoplay parameters along with few others. In-game parameters are 1.0 and 22.0 respectively. particularly in test matches if you want to see a aggrssive batting from CPu you have to vary it a bit. My preferred value is 1.7 and 37.0. You may try your own values for even better test pacing.

7.8. CpuContactHorz, CpuConatctVert:

Determines the Horizontal and vertical Contact made with the ball when the shot making taken place,(Maybe for CPU only). Usually these parameters have to left alone to the default values. Higher these values means the shot will provide on good time shot and viceversa for the lower values. Default parameters are 15.0 and 17.0.

9. CpuRandom:

Determines how various batsmen in the CPU team plays well on different situations. (i.e. on random situations). Higher this value means more players in the CPU line-up tend to play well on different situations irrespective of their form or quality and viceversa for the lower value.

This Parameter is for CPU only!, and it also affects on AutoPlay Results!.

Usually 3.000000 will set this parameter right!.(i.e. the same for BatRandomLevel(Human Random Value)). This Ensures there is no leanience given away to the CPU or us!.

10. CpuDifficulty:

Same as human player's DiffLevel. But this one for CPU.

This is the Important Parameter. It actually describes the Difficulty of the CPU Player in every aspect. That is timing of the shot, Edges, Batsmen Confidence of going after the ball etc. This parameter is related with all the other parameters. Lesser Difficulty Means CPU can find the placing and timing of the stroke soon, Vast direction of the shots, Good Power to the shots, Less no of Edges, More Confidence and viceversa for Higher difficulty.

Usually 0.000000 difficulty means There is no difficuty at all, as if it CPu are in pretty good form straight away, 0.500000 difficulty means upto CPU's confidence meter is half full(i.e. CPU are half settled), they may find it difficult to time the ball, maximising the chances of edges by going after the ball, and also less power and direction in strokes. You have to set it correctly to get your desired level.

11. CpuBallsFaced:

Same as BallsFacedLevel for Human Players, but this one for CPU.

This value determines CPU's confidence in batting(i.e.willingness to go after the bowling!). Lower this value means CPU may gain confidence quickly and viceversa for higher value.

If this value is 0.0 they may gain confidence so quickly after hitting few runs there by timing and placing are pretty easy, if CPU mistimed or edged a few confidence will fall gradually. Gradually increase this parameter to get it right!

12.13. CpuTacticsDefend, CpuBattingMatchType:

These are important defining parameters of how CPU estimate(approach!)the game.(Also sets the AutoPlay up!). Basically these values were set to 0.0 in-game by default. But we can tweak it a bit to get good results. Let us see!. Lesser these values, higher the aggressive approach(even after the wicket falls, still the new batsmen tends to play aggressively). Higher these values means more sensible appraoch(after the wicket falls CPU tend to play defensively to set!). Usually i set 0.5 and 5.0 respectively to get good results(even in AutoPlay) in Test Matches. But in ODIs this is no matter!(as the CPU tends to look at ODI20.cfg/ODI50.cfg pacing files or whatever ODI format you playing). Anyhow try to play around a bit to get good results. Suggested values are 0.2 and 1.0.

Title: ;Bowling Cursor Size

1. TargetSizeMin:

Determines the Minimum bowling cursor size for any bowler there by rounding on where to pitch the ball and affects bowling accuracy. This value affects both CPU and Us. Lesser this value means very small bowling cursor size thus higher accuracy and viceversa for Higher values. This value is closely chained with TargetSizeMax.

2. TargetSizeMax:

Determines the Maximum bowling cursor size for any bolwer there by affects the accuracy of the bowling. This is also for both CPU and Us. Lesser this value, Higher the bowling accuracy and viceversa for Higher values. This is also treated closely with TargetSizeMin.

Generally these Values are depends on Player's Bowling Average(Runs given away per wicket!). There should be a trade-off between their values to get good results. Say these values are 0.00 and 0.99 respectively means Lower Average Bowlers(i.e.Main Stream Bowlers) tends to get small cursor size and Higher Average Bowlers(i.e.Part Time Bowlers) tends to get Big Cursor Size. Simply saying Lower avg means Small circle size and Higher avg means Big circle size.

Title: ; FastBowler Speeds & Spins

1.2.3. Fast, Normal, Slow:

Basically these values determines the various bowling speed of Fast and Medium Fast Bowlers. There is no seperate speed parameter given for Medium Fast Bowler. Fast Parameter determines the maximum speed attained, Normal determines the average speed achieved and Slow determines the slow ball speed variation by the bowlers. These values are not seem to work in this game!(May be working for CPU!). Deafault values are safer here, anyhow by changing them we can get few weird results. So leave alone these!.

Title: ; SwingBowler Speeds & Spins

1.2. SwingQuick, SwingNormal:

Determines the various bowling speed of the Swing Bowlers. SwingQuick determines the maximum speed attained and SwingNormal means the average speed achieved by the Swing bowlers. These values are also not looking like functioning in-game.(again may be working for CPU only!). But if you like to change these Better Luck Next Time!.

Title: ; Leg Spin Bowler Speeds & Spins(also include Left Arm Chinaman)

1. LegSpinFlipper:

Determines the maximum speed when Leg-spinner bowls the Flippers(Main Variation).

2. LegSpinSpeed:

Determines the Average speed of the Leg-spin bowlers what ever he bowls!. Lesser this value, Higher the flight and Higher this value means flat trajectory bowling!.

3.4.5.6.7. LegSpinDamp, LegSpinGreen, LegSpinNormal, LegSpinHard, LegSpinDusty:

Determines the spin of the ball(bowled by leg spin bowler) in various Pitches,(Damp,Green,Normal,Hard and Dusty respectively!). Lesser these values, lesser the ball turning on the pitch and viceversa for higher values.

All These parameters are General to both CPU and us!.

Title: ; Off Spin Bowler Speeds & Spins: (also include Slow Left Arm Bowlers/Left arm Orthodax)

1. OffSpinArm:

Determines the maximum speed when off-spinner bowls the Arm ball.(Main Variation).

2. OffSpinSpeed:

Determines the Average speed of the off-spin bowlers what ever he bowls!. Lesser this value, Higher the flight and Higher this value means flat trajectory bowling!.

3.4.5.6.7. OffSpinDamp, OffSpinGreen, OffSpinNormal, OffSpinHard, OffSpinDusty:

Determines the spin of the ball(bowled by off spin bowler) in various Pitches,(Damp,Green,Normal,Hard and Dusty respectively!). Lesser these values, lesser the ball turning on the pitch and viceversa for higher values.

All These parameters are common to both CPU and us.

Generally you get to see that,

Very Low Bounce, Medium Spin - Damp pithces

Low Bounce, Low Spin - Green Pitches

Medium Bounce, Medium Spin - Normal Pitches

High Bounce, Low Spin - Hard Pitches

Very High Bounce, Very High Spin - Dusty pitches

You Have to change these values according to your preference. Very low values in Green and Hard Pitches, Moderate Values in Normal and Damp Tracks and High value in Dusty pitches. Putting in this order will provide good results!.

Title: ;Weather and Pitch Condition

1.2.3.4.5. BallSeamDamp, BallSeamGreen, BallSeamNormal, BallSeamHard, BallSeamDusty:

Determines the seam movement get by the Fast/MediumFast bowlers in various pitches(Damp,Green,Normal,Hard and Dusty Pithces respectively!). Lesser these values, lesser the seam movement of the deck and viceversa for the higher values.

All these parameters are affecting both CPU and us!.

Generally you get to see that,

Very Low Bounce, Low Seam Movement - Damp pithces

Low Bounce, very High Seam Movement - Green Pitches

Medium Bounce, Medium Seam Movement - Normal Pitches

Very High Bounce, Slight Seam Movement - Hard Pitches

Low Bounce, Very Low Seam Movement - Dusty pitches

You Have to change these values according to your preference. Very low values in Dusty and Damp Pitches, Moderate Values in Normal and Hard Tracks and High value in Green pitches. Putting in this order will provide good results!.

6.7.8.9.10.11.12. BallSwingSunny, BallSwingCloudy, BallSwingOvercast, BallSwingGrey, BallSwingNightD, BallSwingNightL:

Determines the amount of swing can be achieved under various conditions(Sunny,Cloudy,Overcast,Grey,DN-day,DN-under lights) by the Swing(and may be for Fast/MediumFast)Bowlers. Lesser these values, lesser the amount of Swing of the track/ball and viceversa for the higher values.

All these parameters are affecting both CPU and us!(but don't know correctly!) .

Generally you used to see that,

Virtually No Swing - Sunny Conditions

Slight Swing - Cloudy Conditions

Higher Swing - Overcast Condition

Very Higher Swing - Grey Condition

In Day night matches, the ball swings according to the weather!. If there is cloud cover, even in night you can get higher Swing rather than Sunny and Warm Day!.

Very Low value in Sunny Condition, Moderate value in Cloudy Condition, higher values in Overcast and Grey conditions and Low values in Day/Night Conditions will do the trick!.

Summary of Basic AI Configs(Part:1):

Human Batting Parameters:

DiffLevel, BallsFacedLevel, BatRandomLevel

CPU Batting Parameters:

CpuDifficulty, CpuBallsFaced, CpuTacticsDefend, CpuBattingMatchType, CpuRandom, CpuBatsmanType, CpuBatsmanType2.

Common Batting Parameters:

StrokeDiffLevel, BatWindowIdealSize,MaxPosAdjust, MaxTrajAdjust, CpuBallBatsman, CpuBallStump,CpuBallLength, BatOrderLevel

Edge parameters:

BatEdegeDifficulty, BatEdgeStroke, BatEdgeAverage, BatEdgeOrder, BatEdgeBias

AutoPlay Parameters:

CpuRequest, CpuReward, BatRandomLevel, BatOrderLevel, CpuRandom, CpuBattingMatchType, CpuTacticsDefend.

PART:2 - CPU PACING in ODI Matches:

These are the Prime Parameters of how CPU pace the innings in ODI matches (10,20,45,50 Overs Match). These Can be found in Prakash Config Editor "CPU Pacing ODI - 10 overs", "CPU Pacing ODI - 20 overs", "CPU Pacing ODI - 45 overs", "CPU Pacing ODI - 50 overs" tabs.

All These Pacing file uses the common Format. Let us see!

The Common format of CPU pacing is

RunRate 0 x
RunRate 1 x
RunRate 2 x
RunRate 3 x
RunRate 4 x
RunRate 5 x
RunRate 6 x
StrokeProb a b c
Def zzzzz
Mod zzzzz
Agg zzzzz
Six zzzzz

The Pacing format divided in to 7 periods for any ODI matches.

For a 10 Over Match - Every 8 to 9 Balls Partition

For a 20 Over Match - Every 17 to 18 Balls Partition

For a 45 Over Match - Every 38 to 39 Balls Partition

For a 50 Over Match - Every 42 to 43 Balls Partition

For the above Period the CPU Looking into given Pacing values accordingly.

RunRate 0,1,2,3,4,5,6 - x :

"x" Determines the average Run rate CPU trying to achieve on given Period!.

Ex: "RunRate 0 8" in 20 overs match -means the CPU looking forward to score at an around 8 runs per over for the balls between 1 to 18.(i.e. first three overs!)

"Runrate 6 12" in 50 overs match - means the CPU looking forward to score at an around 12 runs per over for the balls between 256 to 300. (i.e. Last 7+ overs!, Slog overs!)

StrokeProb a b c :

These are the important parameters that will define the CPU pacing in particular period for all type of batsmen.

Here "a" describes the innings CPU Played!. If a=0, CPU batting First!, If a=1, CPU chasing the score!.

"b" describes in which period of the innings(as described above)CPU played. This is ranging between 0 to 6. If b=0, CPU batting pacing between 1 to 43 balls in 50 overs match. If b=6, CPU batting pacing between 256 to 300 balls in 50 overs matches.

"c" describes the CPU Batsman Style at that particular period. If c=0, Aggressive Style CPU batsman looking forward to this value at that instance. If c=1, Moderate Style CPU batsman looking forward to this value at that period. Finally If c=1, Defensive Style CPU Batsman looking forward to this value at that period of play!.

Ex: StrokeProb 0 0 0 - means the CPU batting first, An aggressive Batsman playing between balls 1 to 43 balls in a 50 overs ODI.

StrokeProb 1 6 1 - means the CPU chasing the score, A Moderate Batsman Playing at the crease in between the period of 256 to 300 balls in a 50 overs ODI.

So Generally you can see the values given under each StrokeProb a b c,

Def zzzzz
Mod zzzzz
Agg zzzzz
Six zzzzz

This determines the innings played by CPU, For the given period of play, the particular batsman playing various modes of shots, i.e.likelihood of the shots.(Def-Defensive shots, Mod-Moderate shots, Agg-Aggressive shots, Six- 6 hit shots).

For eg:

StrokeProb 1 6 0
Def 0000
Mod 10000
Agg 20000
Six 30000

The above parameters explain that the CPU chasing the score, and playing the slog overs(last 7 overs in case of 50 overs match!), The aggressive batsman playing, and the likelihood of 6 hit shots are veryhigh (50% chance), CPU looking to play aggressive shots with 33.3% probability, and CPU tends to play moderate shots only 16.66%.

As these are the main CPU pacing parameters, we have to set it correctly to get the proper result in the game. Early on in the innings the CPU's defensive and moderate values must be high whereas Aggressive and 6 hit values should be low. We have to gradually decrease the def and mod value and trying to add on more agg and 6hit values as the play goes on. So that the CPU will last the innings as if it was only playing 6 hit shots more in the slog overs.

PART:3 - Ball Conditions Parameters

These are the factors that affect the ball behaviour on various pitches by means of estimating the Hardness(Bounce of the track and field), how the ball travelling across the field, the spin of the ball on the pitch and outfield. These parameters can be found under Prakash Config Editor "Ball Conditions" tab. Let us see!

1.2.3.4.5. Condition 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5:

These are the ball behaviour on Hard, Damp, Dusty, Normal, Green Pitches Respectively!.(These are already defined in each titles!).

6. VelToSpin:

Determines the speed of the ball on the pitch as well as field. Lesser the value, less the speed of the ball and viceversa for the higher values. Basically this value is 0.20. This value have to be untouched, because it tend to spoil the timing of the few shots.

7. SpinToVel:

Same to the above. But works inversely. Lesser the value, Higher the speed of the ball on the pitch as well as field and viceversa for higher values. The default value is 0.15, and this parameter is also have to leave alone to avoid few jerks on the shot play.

8. Hardness:

Determines the bounce of the ball on the pitches as well as the field. Lesser this value, Lesser the bounce and viceversa for the higher values. We can change it accordingly to the pitch type.

Generally the order (for the bounce) is Damp(very low bounce), Dusty(low bounce), Green(medium bounce), Normal(high bounce), and Hard pitches(very high bounce). Increasing this value in this order will provide good results.

9. VelocityReduce:

Determines the ball travelling speed on the outfield. Lesser this value, quicker the ball travel across the outfield and viceversa for the higher values.

We have to adjust (increase gradually) these values in the order of Dusty(Lightning fast outfleld(OF)) , Hard(fast OF), Normal(Medium OF), Green(low speed OF) and Damp(very low speed OF) Pithces.

10. SpinReduce:

Determines the amount of revolutions on the ball. Lesser this value, higher the revolutions on the ball and viceversa for the higher values. The default value 0.010 have to be leave alone is well to avoid un nessassary shot selection jamming.

11. HorizontalBounceMin:

Determines the amount of unpredictable bounce of the ball on the pitch. Lesser this value, lesser unpredictable bounce and viceversa for the higher values. The default value is 0.00. Leaving this value as it is also holds good for the gameplay.

So Remember to change the values of "Hardness" and "VelocityReduce" only to get the desired gameplay rather than other parameters.

Last edited:

boss

Club Cricketer
Part 4: Strokes Editing Attributes, Part 5: Miscellaneous

PART:4 - Strokes Editing Attributes

These are the important set of parameters that define each and every stoke parameters like the timing, power, direction, likelihood etc. In prakash Config Editor you can find the tabs easily as they are labelled with their shot title.(eg: Back Cover (& 6 Hit), Cover Drive Def, Cover Drive Attack, Cover Drive 6 hit, Cover Advance...). Let us see!.

Every shot file started with "StrokeAttributes".

1. Type x:

Determines the CPU shot selection. As each ball is bowled this value decide if either a Defensive/Moderate/Aggressive shot is to be played at that instance. Then depending on the values stored in Ballstumps, Ballbatsman & Ballength, a particular stroke is selected.

So the value "x" should be either "Defensive", "Moderate", "Aggressive".

2.3. EdgeModifier, EdgeModifier6:

Determines the Edge Frequency occurs when playing particular stroke. Higher the values the more likely there is to be an edge. However edge probability is also corporated with settings in the Basic config Parameters(i.e.BatEdegeDifficulty, BatEdgeStroke, BatEdgeAverage, BatEdgeOrder, BatEdgeBias).

EdgeModifier refers to the edge frequency occuring during the Normal shot being played, where as EdgeModifier6 refers to the edge frequency occuring during the Six Hit Shot being played. Usually the Off side strokes tend to get higher amount of edges where as On side strokes tend to get lower edge frequency.

4.5.6.7. Difficulty, Reward, Difficulty6, Reward6:

Difficulty parameter determines the difficulty involved in playing particular shot(also depends on particular key frame). Lesser this value, the easier to play that shot and viceversa for the higher values.

Reward parameter determines the judgement of the particular shot played frequently by CPU.(also judging depends on BallStumps, BallBatsman, BallLength). Higher this value, the shot playing occurence increases and viceversa for the lower values.

Difficulty and Reward parameters are for Normal Shots where as Difficulty6 and Reward6 parameters determines the Six Hit Shots difficulty and likelihood.

8.9. EdgeProb, EdgeProb6:

Determines the average edge frequency of the particular shot and is closely related with EdgeModifier, and EdgeModifier6. Lesser this value, lesser the average edge occurence and viceversa for the higher values.

EdgeProb determines the likelihood of avg edges during Normal Shots played, where as EdgeProb6 determines the same for Six Hit Shots.

10.11.12. BallStumps x, BallBatsman y, BallLength z :

These are the main parameters in determining the shot played when the ball pitched at particular Stump, Particular length and the Position of the Player at that instance.

BallStumps x, Here x will be

0 - ball pitched on leg stump.

1 - ball pitched on off stump.

2 - ball pitched on middle stump.

3 - ball pitched on anywhere!(outside stumps is well!).

BallBatsman y, here y will be

0 - Batsman on position at leg stump to play the shot.

1 - Batsman on position at off stump to play the shot.

2 - Batsman on position at mid stump to play the shot.

3 - Batsman on position any where to play the shot.

BallLenghth z, here z will be

0 - ball pitched on short length (i.e. half way down the wicket and below).

1 - ball pitched on good or short of good length.

2 - ball pitched on full length or half valley or yorker length.

3 - ball pitched on any length.

4 - ball pitched on full length, half volley, and yorker length, but this one determines the more chance of playing that particular shot.

5 - ball pitched on good or short length, but determines the more likelihood of playing that particular shot.

So generally when you see a

BallStumps 2, BallBatsman 2, BallLength 2, you can find that the ball pitched right up to the stumps, bowled full length and the batsman in position at mid stump, which determines the CPU try to play straight drive.

13.14.15.16.17.18.19.20.21.22 Mode Normal Key Frame 0,1,2,3,4 and Mode 6Hit Key Frame 0,1,2,3,4 :

These parameter determines the timing instance of particular shot. Mode Normal Key Frame determines the timing instance of Normal shot, where as Mode 6Hit Key Frame determines the same for 6 Hit shot. Lesser the value, later the shot played and viceversa for the higher values.

Key Frame 0 - determines Very Late Timing of the shot

Key Frame 1 - determines Late Timing of the shot

Key Frame 2 - determines Perfect Timing of the shot

Key Frame 3 - determines Early timing of the shot

Key Frame 4 - determines Very Early timing of the shot

Under these key frames we can find several parameters that define the particular frame, height of the shot, direction and power of the shot. Let us see one by one.

23. Frame:

Determines the animation of the particular instance for the shot. Lesser this value, later the shot palyed and viceversa for the higher values. This value have to be untouched to avoid to see some weird shots played.

24. Vertical:

Determines the height of the ball after the shot been played. Lesser this value, higher the ball trajectory and viceversa for the higher values.

Generally this value must be with in the ranges for,

Along the Ground shots: 150000000 to 170000000(used for key frame 2)

Slightly Higher Trajectory (but falling off near the fielder): 120000000 to 140000000(used for key frame 1, 3)

Slip Catch/Catchable Height: 100000000 to 110000000(used for key frame 0, 4)

For Perfect 6 Hit Shots: 80000000 to 90000000(used for 6hit key frame 2)

For Slightly Higher Trajectory: 65000000 to 75000000(used for 6hit key frame 1,3)

For the ball flies of the bat very High(catchable): 40000000 to 60000000(used for 6hit key frame 0,4)

25.26. Direction, DirectionArea:

Determines the shot's direction(Ref to: Stroke's Direction Wheel) along with its spreading area for the particular instance. Higher the DirectionArea the ball likelihood of spreading all around will be increased and viceversa for the lower values. Generally Key Frame 2 possesses the direction of the ball where it should go. For key frames 1 and 3, slightly varied direction from key frame 2 and for key frames 0 and 4, high deviation direction for the particular shot. By referring to the direction wheel given below you can set the ball directions according to your taste.

Stroke Direction Wheel: (Attached Below!)

If the direction values are not looking clear in the figure, here they are, starting from the top anti-clock wise,

60000, 16891875, 33723750, 50615625, 67507500, 84354375, 101201250, 118048125, 134895000, 151711875, 168528750, 185345625, 202162500, 218889375, 235616250, 252343125, 269070000, then 0 to 59999.

27.28. Power, PowerArea:

Determines the original power along with its power up and power down values for the particular instance. Higher the PowerArea, higher the shot's power variation and viceversa for the lower values. Normally key frame 2 should have high power values. For key frames 1 and 3, it should be lower where as for key frames 0 and 4, it should be very low that to ensure the feel of the strokes.

For a Perfectly timed shot the power should be - 2500000 to 3000000 with power area of 1000000

For a later and earlier timed shot - 1800000 to 2200000 with power area of 1000000

For a very late and very early timed shot - 1400000 to 1700000 with power area of 1000000.

All these will give you a feel of the shot played if set correctly.

Generally i set power to 1750000 with power area 1750000 for the perfectly timed shots which ensures the shot have super power 3500000(range:1750000 to 3500000) to reach the fence and also with very lower power 0 may tend to fall at your feet(range: 0 to 1750000).

PART:5 - Miscellaneous

To make the Modified Field zip(that can be imported using Graphics Importer) using "GI zip Maker by Praksh".

At first make sure you have installed the GIZipMaker in the GraphicsImporter Directory and also ensure the Zip32.dll and unzip32.dll are placed on the same directory to make modifield field's zip file.

Steps:

1. Open up the "GIZipMaker" and make sure that correct cricket_pc.gob file selected in "GOB File" field(usually found under eac2004 data directory) .

2. In "Starting Offset" Field type the value: 26470401

3. In "Size in Bytes" Field type the value: 260096

4. In "Text" field type what ever you want!,(may be the title is good enough)

5. Now press the "Add" button to add the value to the interface.

6. Now fire up the "Make Zip"button and it will ask for if you wish to add any readme file(if yes, select yes!, or no!), and then where you like to save the file. Save the file there, here we go!. We get zip file that can be imported using prakash GrpahicsImporter without no buzz!.

Hope this will help!. And Good Luck for your Patch!, don't forget to put your comments, feedbacks, reviews on this Extensive AI Config Tutorial!. Though i am thoroughly checked this article, still there be any mistakes(by concept or words!, i'm exhausted u know!), feel free to post it!.

Archive(zip) of this full article is also attached!, download it and read it completely any time, any where!, its much more enjoyable to read!(with full color text, titles etc)

Cheers!

Boss

A Complete Tutorial For EAC2004 AI Configuration Patch Makers

Prepared By: A.R.Karthick (aka) Boss

Thanks to: Planetcricket.net forum Members, Moderators and Administrator.

Web Link: http://eac2004.sphosting.com

Attachments

• configtuto.zip
    72 KB · Views: 1,014
Last edited:

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
Excellent work Boss! I have given up making patches for this game, but its nice to see an experienced patcher like yourself sharing his knowledge within the community. You have certinly been more helpfull than some i have asked. Cheers :)

boss

Club Cricketer
Excellent work Boss! I have given up making patches for this game, but its nice to see an experienced patcher like yourself sharing his knowledge within the community. You have certinly been more helpfull than some i have asked. Cheers
by The Gas

Thank u mate!, No probs in output my thoughts for ppl!

This is a thread that should be stickied.
Great work boss!
by ZoraxDoom

Thank you Zorax!, Ya!, i also like this thread to be sticked that surely help every one!, i made a request here also!

Cheers

Boss

boss

Club Cricketer
I think it should maybe be stickied in the downloads forum. I'll talk to Ste.
by BarmyArmy

Thank u Colin for your consideration!

Cheers

Boss

edited: Thank u very much to make this STICKY!

borncricketer

Panel of Selectors<br><a href="http://www.planetcr
nice turorial ... very helpful.... was waiting for someone to release it

Last edited:

boss

Club Cricketer
nice turorial ... very helpful.... was waiting for someone to release it
by borncricketer

Great work boss i will try it out
by The Champ

Thank you very much friends for u'r app!, Get Ready, Set and Go...For u'r Patches mates!

Cheers

Boss

ravigoteti

Club Cricketer
thanks mate...really helped me and others. I appreciate your patience and good wlil to post such a detailed tutorial for everyone here. Thanks again.

boss

Club Cricketer
thanks mate...really helped me and others. I appreciate your patience and good wlil to post such a detailed tutorial for everyone here. Thanks again.
by ravigoteti

Hi ravi!, thank u too mate!!!

Boss

boss

Club Cricketer
It already is......
by ZoraxDoom

Hi zorax, Champ may be pointed out that the tutorial archive may be have to put in download section!, i think so!

Boss

Users who are viewing this thread