A.I. Patch

Zulu

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hey guys,

Brilliant work on the kits and logos etc!!!

But dont you think that an AI patch is more important? For me, gameplay has always meant a lot more than eye candy, and although BLIC can be enjoyable(really gud for multiplayer) there are some very annoying issues(mostly AI) that need to be sorted out.

These are the ones that I find most frustrating:

1. CPU doesnt take runs on offer/hits ball too fast to the fielders making it impossible to take run/doesnt try to hit it into the gaps.
2. CPU doesnt chase targets at all and this makes the odi's and double wicket modes useless.
3. Bowling speed!!! I mean come on when have you seen brett lee bowl a ball at 40km/h? Then on the next delivery with the same run up and action bowl one at 158km/h? just rediculous. I even had C. White bowl at 162km/h with a medium pacers run up. Speed issue also makes it really difficult to bat as you play a hook shot to a really short delivery only to find that it was bowled at 40km/h and hits you in the foot. Also the power meter is far too sensitive when bowling making it difficult to bowl at reasonable speeds consistantly.
4. CPU never leaves the ball at all no matter how wide.
5. Seems CPU only tries to hit fours or sixes(part of issue #1)
6. CPU field placings are really poor - second or third over of a test and all the fielders are on the boundary.
7. No pitch or ball wear on Xbox version!!! :(

Also 2 other things (I dont expect anyone could fix these):
1. How could they decide to leave out the sweep/reverse sweep/slog sweep shots? These are important tools used by all batsmen when playing against slow bowlers.
2. Why on earth are all the balls fielded to the wicket keeper??? Major design flaw. You should be able to throw to both ends and shy at the stumps!!! Also no over throws. These are big parts of fielding - would have made fielding fun as well as batting and bowling.

Dont get me wrong I really like the game and preordered it after playing the demo, but it has definately got issues. The good news is that I am quite sure that there are guys out there smart enough to crack this and solve some of the really annoying ones.

Well done to everyone workin on kits/logos/adboards/faces and stuff, thanks and keep up the gud work and post your views on this thread...

The slog sweep is in there, but I've only done it once. There is pitch wear on the Xbox version. Craig White used to bowl 90+ mph off a run up not that far off a typical medium pacer, his speed was all from his action. Probably why he got injured so often/easily.

the sweep shot IS IN GAMe>...notice the back of your dvd cover ....you can see a screenshot of brian lara sweep shot.

I have been playing BLIC for weeks now and have never been able to sweep/slog sweep/reverse sweep or paddle the ball round the corner - you can leg glance! or clip it off your toes! If you guys have done it then please tell me how!!!
Plus others have said that they have seen pitch and ball wear in BLIC(xbox ver) but I have played numerous tests and have never got any foot marks or even wear on the popping crease lines!!! Have tried normal and hard pitch types as well as dry and crumbling. Help!!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread