shantanu_rooney

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
de8gu1.jpg

ArcelorMittal complete Liverpool takeover
1st July, 2010

26386258.jpg

Liverpool taken over by Lakshmi Mittal's ArcelorMittal

English Indian billionaire Lakshmi Mittal's ArcelorMittal have completed their takeover of Liverpool football club, buying the majory of the shares from the American co-owners George Gillet and Tom Hicks. The deal values Liverpool at ?557m.

Lakshmi Mittal the CEO of the company confirmed that his son Aditya Mittal, will become vice-chairman at Anfield. He told Sky Sports that the club was in a "serious mess". "I don't think we would have bought Liverpool if we weren't fans. It is a serious mess there but we are Liverpool fans and it is nice to see that we bought the club from two American investors.

"We haven't decided on the next Lierpool manager. We want a manager who loves the club and lives the dreams of all the Liverpool supporters. At the moment, Liverpool need stability after their recent poor season," he added, revealing that he wants Liverpool to win the Premier League and Champions in the next three years. "We have a huge project in our mind.

"We are deeply passionate about this club as the supporters and want Liverpool to win the Premier League and the Champions League in the next three years. We are ready to invest the money that is needed to bring the best players at the club."

Bookies have made Roy Hodgson as the firm favourite to succeed Rafael Benitez and become the next manager of Liverpool. Kenny Dalglish is the fan favourite to replace Benitez who was delivered just one Champions League and FA Cup trophy during his time at Anfield.

fix-bet.gif
Liverpool's next manager:-

Roy Hodgson 3/1
Kenny Dalglish 4/1
Martin O'Neill 7/1
Mark Hughes 11/1
Jurgen Klinsmann 13/1
Sven-Goran Eriksson 15/1
Guus Hiddink 15/1
Jose Mourinho 30/1
Steve McLaren 40/1
Juande Ramos 50/1
Sammy Lee 75/1
ArcelorMittal Sporting Director 1000/1

Last edited:

blake

School Cricketer
Yawn.

Shantanu, I've said this like 134765 times so I'm not going to bother again but this is boring. It's like reading the news. On an unexciting article. All your stories are the same. Yes, we know that you can write well, from your other 183 stories that you have done in the past. Why not do something different?

Trust Hedger to like it though. You two should make the boring club, where you can sit and drink tea and do imaginary press conferences and write boring stories.

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
blake you realise Shan doesn't actually read what you post, cos he has never changed once. But he is from the school of sortitousi writing, as this is all most of the stories are really. News report, after news report, after news report.

blake

School Cricketer
blake you realise Shan doesn't actually read what you post, cos he has never changed once. But he is from the school of sortitousi writing, as this is all most of the stories are really. News report, after news report, after news report.

Hah, I haven't ventured over to sortitoutsi - well, not the forums anyway, but I wouldn't mind if it was like this for one story, but he never does anything different. It's kind of a shame because he can obviously write really well, but his stories aren't really enjoyable to read, so to speak.

Perhaps the bar has just been set too high from some of the stories I have read on the Sports Interactive forums.. wow! They were better than most books that I have raid, emotionally and related to football. In fact, in one of them I only skimmed over the match reports, that's how good the other side of it was - the emotional side, I suppose. They were sort of similar to Treva's story - Sex, Drugs and Football, or whatever it was called - but on a massive scale, like some of these have been going for years. :p

Hoping to see a change from Shantanu soon. Come on mate.

shantanu_rooney

Chairman of Selectors
de8gu1.jpg

Who next for Reds?
1st July 2010

55456169.jpg

Who will be the next Liverpool manager?

With Rafa Benitez joining Italian treble winners Inter Milan and Liverpool been taken over by Lakshmi Mittal's ArcelorMittal. SkySports looks at the candidates most likely to take over the reins at Anfield.

Roy Hodgson: Hodgson’s stock has never been higher after taking ‘little’ Fulham to the Europa League final. A deep thinker on the game with bucket loads of experience, both at home and abroad. While Hodgson is well regarded he falls short of the kind of box office name Liverpool fans might expect.

Martin O'Neill: O’Neill has been successful at what ever level he has worked at, winning titles in Scotland and rebuilding Aston Villa. Hasn’t always had a lot of money either, which might be a plus for the Liverpool board. Success in Scotland is one thing but O’Neill appears to have plateaued at Aston Villa and unproven at the very top of the game.

Kenny Dalglish: Dalglish gave Liverpool their last title and is a club legend, as well as knowing the inner workings of the place better than anyone. Been out of the management game for a while now and risks staining his reputation if he returns in difficult circumstances and fails.

Jurgen Klinsmann: Everyone will love Klinsmann at Liverpool but as a player and not as a manager. The former Germany international had a great time managing Germany during the World Cup 2006 where the hosts finished third. But Klinsmann has a poor record at the club level as he was sacked by German champions Bayern Munchen just eight months into the job.

Mark Hughes: Although he is regarded as one of the best British managers to emerge in recent years and is currently out of work, Mark Hughes is an outsider for the Liverpool job - perhaps because of his past as a Manchester United player. He might have to work to win over the fans but there is no doubt he has managerial ability.

Shantanu Ambekar: Regarded as one of the best young managers in India. A measured, intelligent coach Ambekar made his name at Mumbai FC by taking them to their first ever Indian league and cup title. No experience of the European game could count against him but the new Indian owners might want an Indian manager at the club.

Last edited:

JBlues08

Club Captain
Another interesting story, although I would also prefer if you finish off at least one of your last two stories. Just a thought. And the last name on the list there is pretty random. :)

shantanu_rooney

Chairman of Selectors
de8gu1.jpg

Reds to announce new manager in 24 hours
3rd July 2010

royhodgson006.jpg

Hodgson set for Liverpool?

Liverpool have told Sky Sports News that they expect to appoint a new boss within the next 24 hours, with the former Fulham boss Roy Hodgson favourite for the post.

The Reds have been looking to replace Rafael Benitez since he left to take charge of Liverpool earlier this summer. A number of names including Martin O'Neill, Kenny Dalglish and the unknown SHantanu Ambekar have been linked with the post.

Hodgson has emerged as the strong favourite to succeed Benitez, with reports suggesting he has been offered a lucrative contract with good funds to spend during the transfer window. The former Inter Milan and Switzerland manager led Fulham to the finals of the Europa League last season.

The new vice-chairman of the club, Aditya Mittal told Sky Sports News: "We will appoint a new manager in the next 24-hours. We want a new manager who will win the dressing room again and bring stability to the club. We want him to win trophies at this club, so we have to give him time.

"There are rumours that Roy Hodgson will be the next manager, but I would like to say that we haven't made the decision yet. We have held talks with many managers including Roy but we havent given him the job yet. We expect to appoint a new manager by tomorrow."

shantanu_rooney

Chairman of Selectors
de8gu1.jpg

Reds stun everyone as Ambekar is appointed
5th July 2010

15563814.jpg

Liverpool have appoint Ambekar as their new manager

Liverpool's new owners have stunned the world of football by naming the unknown Indian Shantanu Ambekar as their new manager, who will succeed Rafael Benitez, who had left Liverpool to join Inter Milan a couple of weeks ago.

The thirty-nine-year-old who led Mumbai FC to a domestic double last season by winning the ONGC I-League and the Federation Cup will take over at Anfield. Liverpool said they would present the Indian to the media at a news conference at Anfield tomorrow.

The Indian has signed a two-year contract at the club with the key objective of finishing in the top four and at the same time ensuring that the team plays the sort of crowd-pleasing, attacking football demanded by the club at its fans. It is also rmoured that Shantanu Ambekar will have around ?50m to strengthen his team for the upcoming season.

The former Mahindra United and India striker will officially start his job from July 9th along with his new assistant manager and former Bolton manager Sammy Lee. Ambekar is expected to bring a new fitness coach and a goalkeeping coach as Francisco De Miguel and Xavi Valero left the club to join Benitez at Inter.

Ambekar steered the newly formed Mumbai-based side to League glory for the first time ever in their history and also helped them to do the domestic double by winning the Federation Cup with a 3-2 final win over East Bengal. During his two-years, as successor to David Booth, he brought a new brand of exciting and free-flowing attacking football to the club which attracted a lot Indians to the game. Prior to the Mumbai FC job, Ambekar had a brief spell as the coach of the Mumbai FC reserves.

audio_text.gif
Interview: Former Liverpool and now Perth Glory striker Robbie Fowler

"I don't know what to say. This is a huge gamble taken by the new owners. I have never seen or even heard this manager before and from nowhere he is the new manager of Liverpool. Like me, I am sure even the fans are shocked and unhappy by this news.

"I had huge hopes when I heard the news about the takeover and I thought Liverpool would be back among the bests but now I feel we are going have another bad season. I just read somewhere that this new manager has guided an Indian club to domestic success that doesnt mean he will do the same here. There is huge difference in the English game and the Indian game.

"I don't think he is the right man for the job. There were many people out there who have the Premier League experience and are better than them. Like any other Liverpool fan, I would hope that Ambekar makes good use of the funds available and helps us finish in the top seven."

blake

School Cricketer
Fans doubtful of Ambekar, Ambekar signs new player, Ambekar under pressure, Ambekar wins matches, Ambekar wins league, Ambekar becomes fans favourite, Ambekar hailed as legend

shantanu_rooney

Chairman of Selectors
de8gu1.jpg

Ambekar unveiled as new Liverpool manager
6th July 2010

anfieldroadwallpaper26.jpg

Liverpool unveil Ambekar

Shantanu Ambekar appeared in positive mood as he met the journalist at Anfield for the first time as the new manager of Liverpool.

This news of you being appointed the new manager of Liverpool has been shocking for the world of football. How was it for you?

It was great, I am really happy that I am the new manager of this huge club. I have always dreamt of managing a huge club in Europe and today I see my dreams fulfilled. I am delighted. I would like to thank the new owners of the club for giving me this opportunity to showcase my talent at the biggest stage and hopefully I could repay them by winning trophies.

We all know you have won titles with the Indian club Mumbai FC, but do you think you culd do the same with Liverpool?

Yeah, I believe that I could be successful here in England with Liverpool as I was with Mumbai FC in India. I know there is a huge difference between the Indian game and English game but I have faith in my own abilities. The basics of management remain the same whether you are managing Liverpool or Mumbai FC. Just I need is to adapt the style of football which would suit the team and produce results.

As everyone knows Liverpool had a poor season, with the new season starting in a month's time, what are your objectives?

Well, we failed to qualify for the Champions League, so our main objective will be qualifying for the Champions League by finishing in the top three. To achieve our goal we will have to be consistent throughout the season.

There are rumours that Steven Gerrard and Fernando Torres may leave the club during the transfer window. Have you held any talks with them about their future?

No, I haven't talked with Steven or Fernando yet but I am hoping to talk with them in the next two or three days. They are very important players for club and they also play a key role in my plans. So I can assure all Liverpool fans that I will try my best to keep both of them at Anfield.

Would you agree with assessment that you already have an idea of which players you like and those you aren’t so happy with?

Well actually I haven't met the players as they are currently enjoying their holidays. So I will meet the players officially after the World Cup, but I had a long chat with Sammy Lee last night and he gave me a good report on the players.

The new owners are ready to give you the require funds to strengthen the side during the transfer window. So how many signing are you looking to make?

Well, I haven’t decided yet but I looking to strengthen our defence and our attacking options. At the same time we have already signed the likes of Joe Cole, Milan Jovanovic, Fabio Aurelio, Danny Wilson during the pre-season and they are quality players. I will decide how many I will sign after meeting the whole team.

JBlues08

Club Captain
Fans doubtful of Ambekar, Ambekar signs new player, Ambekar under pressure, Ambekar wins matches, Ambekar wins league, Ambekar becomes fans favourite, Ambekar hailed as legend

Seriously, give shan a chance before you start jumping in. What you said there may happen in this story but maybe shan will have a twist in the story instead. Be patient. :)

blake

School Cricketer
Seriously, give shan a chance before you start jumping in. What you said there may happen in this story but maybe shan will have a twist in the story instead. Be patient. :)

I will. I am badly gunning for Shantanu to pull through on this story... mon mate, you can do it this time.

Users who are viewing this thread