A question for standard PS4 users

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
What custom stadiums if any have you been able to play in successfully without too much stutter post the last patch?

As my rebel tour thread showed, pre patch I could play in some custom stadiums fine. Now I can't due to the stutter when the AI bowlers runs in.

So what stadiums can you play in, do you have adboards etc.

Only interested in responses from standard PS4 (not pro) players.

Thanks

thewhiterose

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I've played in four or five custom grounds, with full adboards without any stutter/lag whatsoever. I think they've been the Emirates Durham, SWALEC, Trent Bridge, Rose Bowl and...Brightside?

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I haven't been able to play in custom stadiums coz of stutter and framerate issues. I get frame drops as the bowler runs in and makes timing quite difficult. The first thing I do when I download any team is to go to Academy->Team Manager->Home Stadiums and delete all the custom stadiums and set the default OOB stadiums as the home stadiums. E.g., when I downloaded Australian team I delete 'Gabba', 'WACA' etc. and set 'SYDNEY CRICKET GROUND', 'MELBOURNE STADIUM', 'ADELAIDE PARK' as the home stadiums.

By the way I had stutters prior to patch 3 as well (i.e., post patch 2) and the experience continued post patch 3. So not much of a difference post patch 3.

D

Deleted member 46200

When you mean standard you mean 'not very good' looking at he standards here maybe I'm the only one being honest?

Anyway, I have not come across stuttering although I have had that weird distortion during game play.

jaffar100

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I have noticed some frame rate issues when I play competition match T20...

This was a night match between India vs southafrica on custom stadium capetown...

But after I started my career mode I am in county level ... I have played in lot of custom stadiums , no frame rate issues noticed.

I think matches played during day is smooth rather than with flood lights ...try verifying at your end. Hope this helps...

jaffar100

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
I am a PS4 user with Samsung S7200 SUHD...
My brother is having PS4 pro with Sony X85 D...

My question is DBC on my TV is only focusing career player and other things like adboards other player faces etc seems to be blurred...

Can anybody tell me if you are facing same issues or if anyone using Samsung smart TV and recommended settings..

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I haven't been able to play in custom stadiums coz of stutter and framerate issues. I get frame drops as the bowler runs in and makes timing quite difficult. The first thing I do when I download any team is to go to Academy->Team Manager->Home Stadiums and delete all the custom stadiums and set the default OOB stadiums as the home stadiums. E.g., when I downloaded Australian team I delete 'Gabba', 'WACA' etc. and set 'SYDNEY CRICKET GROUND', 'MELBOURNE STADIUM', 'ADELAIDE PARK' as the home stadiums.

By the way I had stutters prior to patch 3 as well (i.e., post patch 2) and the experience continued post patch 3. So not much of a difference post patch 3.

That's generally what I do but it'd be nice to try some custom stadiums and I did manage it before.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I have noticed some frame rate issues when I play competition match T20...

This was a night match between India vs southafrica on custom stadium capetown...

But after I started my career mode I am in county level ... I have played in lot of custom stadiums , no frame rate issues noticed.

I think matches played during day is smooth rather than with flood lights ...try verifying at your end. Hope this helps...

Now this is interesting. The rebel tour matches were all played during the day. I will try this, thank you. It might be worth a try - yesterday in a night match I even got bad stutter during a night match at the on disc SCG.

@passwordistaco I don't think it's the filter cuz again I played with that for the rebel matches. I think it could be the night matches[DOUBLEPOST=1486879755][/DOUBLEPOST]
When you mean standard you mean 'not very good' looking at he standards here maybe I'm the only one being honest?

Anyway, I have not come across stuttering although I have had that weird distortion during game play.

Standard = not ps4 pro.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 46200

Now this is interesting. The rebel tour matches were all played during the day. I will try this, thank you. It might be worth a try - yesterday in a night match I even got bad stutter during a night match at the on disc SCG.

@passwordistaco I don't think it's the filter cuz again I played with that for the rebel matches. I think it could be the night matches[DOUBLEPOST=1486879755][/DOUBLEPOST]

Standard = not ps4 pro.
Oops, sorry. Thought you meant... never mind.

Just looking above I haven't played many night matches mine have been day the only ones played at night have been the Netherlands at home.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
@jaffar100 I only had time to play a couple of overs to test, but just did a day time game in a custom stadium and it seemed fine!

Will give that a go!

maverick_12210

Club Cricketer
I played 2 player on custom stadiums with adboards (Wankhede, Holkar, Hyderabad, Eden Gardens, Dubai, Sharjah) and did not suffer from stuttering as yet on 2 player mode.

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I`ve basically only Played in all the South African Custom Stadiums , with all Adboards edited to be true South African looking .

Thats , Kingsmead , Supersport Park , Senwes Park , Wanderers , Willowmoore Park , Pietermaritzburg Oval , Mangaung Oval , St. Georges Park and Newlands

All played starting around 16:00 , (Daytime) , and middle of first innings progressing to dusk and then Lights takes over , all played Online .

I have not noticed the stutters , only in a few instances (less than 3 out of 45 Games Online Pro20`s played so far) did myself or the opponent notice the stutters , but with it being online , we were not sure is it just lag , or the stutters you talk about .

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I`ve basically only Played in all the South African Custom Stadiums , with all Adboards edited to be true South African looking .

Thats , Kingsmead , Supersport Park , Senwes Park , Wanderers , Willowmoore Park , Pietermaritzburg Oval , Mangaung Oval , St. Georges Park and Newlands

All played starting around 16:00 , (Daytime) , and middle of first innings progressing to dusk and then Lights takes over , all played Online .

I have not noticed the stutters , only in a few instances (less than 3 out of 45 Games Online Pro20`s played so far) did myself or the opponent notice the stutters , but with it being online , we were not sure is it just lag , or the stutters you talk about .

thanks. i played in newlands, wanderers and kinsmen with no stutter

played in WACA a day match and it was very bad.

Users who are viewing this thread