Story A rookie's long road to fame **Match day vs WA, Disappointing end to the innings**

Match Day

I woke up to find my self on the floor in my room. im not sure how i got there but my head was spinning and at first i thought i had been out drinking the night before. Which wasn't the case. i had a shower then headed downstairs where mum had breakfast on the table. My Sister was already down there eating and as soon as i walked in she gave me one of the filthiest looks.

so after breakfast i gathered all my stuff together and headed for the SCG where we would be Versing SOUTH AUSTRALIA. As I arrived i saw Dave and Michael (pup) talking tactics. instead of disturbing them i said hello and headed for my locker where i found my one day uniform, with the number 10 on the back.

It was About time when Michael had to go do the toss so we waited up on the balcony seeing what our skip would make us do. He returned back, with SA's captain running back so that meant we were bowling

Cricket072008-11-1809-00-41-35.jpg

So while we waited for SA's batsmen to come out Pup gave us our fielding positions, i was put in slip, so between balls me and brad could have a chat. When the batsmen finally came out it was Stuart Clark bowling first

Very good work mate, I would have bowled first. The way you are presenting this reminds me of Short_Leg's story.

One tip. Maybe proof read your work. Instead of "i" have "I" and you miss capitel letters out at times. Just a small point though. I also think Comic Sans MS Font would look nicer :cool:

thanks for the feedback mate. will keep that in mind for future updates

Nice update mate. It's good to bowl first to calm the nerves I guess and get into the game early. Good too see you put in slip, but don't drop any catches in your first game!! :D

Always good to bowl first on a debut match it releases some nerves. You in slip its a difficult position to be in on debut dont drop many...

The atmosphere was wild. there was a large crowd in. Larger than I had expected. There was also alot of talk out in the middle. I heard Pup say something about Elliot's batting stance. It sounded like he said "bats like a girl", but I wasn't too sure. Anyway it was Stuart bowling first, and he looked quite good in his first over. We wanted quick wickets and we got an early one in the 2nd over. Brett was the bowler, and it was Matthew Elliot to go. He was bowled by an outswinging yorker. I know an outswinging yorker.

Cricket072008-11-1809-05-09-71.jpg

To our delight we struck again next over. This time Stuart struck bringing Deitz forward and edging it in my direction. Luckily it didn't come to me as Brad had taken it standing upright.

Cricket072008-11-1809-38-15-62.jpg

We now had South Australia 2/2 with both openers gone and Lehmann and Blewett now in. I was hoping we would have them out quickly but that hope was quickly diminished.

It was a while bowling. Pup was constantly changing bowlers trying to confuse the batsmen but Lehmann and Blewett were just holding their ground solidly. they had an awesome 58 runs stand before Stuart struck again. this time with Lee catching Lehmann out on the boundary. We now had them 3/60after about 15 overs. The Danger man was Blewett and we needed to get his wicket.

Great start but a nice fight back by 2 experienced batsmen. Blewetts a big danger atm.

Great work kiu mate!

60/3 is a good recovery considering the bad start. Blewett will have to get out soon to try and keep that score as far down as you can. A good start, hopefully you can retain this.

It's going to be interesting when Brendan comes into Action ;) Also a small suggestion, in career stories, when the actions apart from you are shown like your team bowling or your team batting, in the end, it would be nice if you try bringing the focus on you like what you are thinking about your team's progress.

Say, your team is fielding.. At the end of update, how about the player(i.e you) picture like running or standing and saying, " I am just a bit confused what this Blewett is doing here.. Better go to pavilion! " ;) something like that.. And when your team is batting.. and someone playing a long innings.. something like, you sitting in dressing room and thinking, " yaaaawwwn... Oh common.. enough playing.. come inside, I need to get into the action!" :p

something like that adding humors along with the story line. Just my suggestion :) Keep up the brilliant works :clap

It Seemed Like a long time again coming before we took our next wicket. This time it was Cosgrove to go. He spooned one up to Phil in the cover region. it was the easiest of catche sbut at one stage I thought he was gonna drop it. But he held on thankfully.
Cricket072008-11-1809-51-48-94.jpg

I was started to get a bit bored it the slips. Nothing was coming in my direction so Pup moved me around to point. Even then I was still a bit bored. I wanted to have a bowl and it was unlikely that i'd be getting one at this stage. It had seemed like an age fielding at point when Simon was brought into the attack and he struck with a beauty of a ball. Spinning back onto the stumps he had Harris in disarray. With the score now at 5/122 I was really starting to get impatient. I wanted to bowl. I may be a batsman but I can bowl a bit and I've been told I'm a very good bowler.
Cricket072008-11-1810-07-12-95.jpg

Nathan Had picked up the vital wicket of Blewett the next over. Blewett had spooned one to Phil and this time the catch looked more convincing. The thought of batting was getting heavier on my mind. There were so many thoughts of "Will i perform" and "I hope i don't choke". We had them six down for 123 and South Australia were starting to struggle. Their Batsmen were staying in for an over or less and they needed a miracle against our pace and spin attack.
Cricket072008-11-1810-08-56-33.jpg

NSW going really good. Don't worry about not having a bowl yet, just get your mind right for batting! ;) kiu mate!

After what had been a successful day with the ball so far, it turned out even better as Nathan Struck for his third wicket of the match. It was a beauty of a ball. Watching it seam away from Cullen and then swing back in all the way from mid on was magical. It was almost as if a giant magnet was pulling it towards the stumps. Cullen foolishly left it and it knocked over the stumps. I was thinking to myself, that every wicket we take from now on is one step closer to me having a bat, and at the moment i was batting at four but Pup told me if the situation changes I'll be batting at number 3.
Cricket072008-11-1810-10-33-09.jpg

The Next wicket was came 15 runs later when Dizzy Gillespie mistimes a drive and Brett rips into his off stump. The Ball didn't do a thing except for being Straight and fast. It was a pearler of a ball. Now why can't more Bowlers do that. It seems simple enough. Gillespie was on his way for 5 and the score crept to 8/140.
Cricket072008-11-1810-25-41-72.jpg

The fun wasn't over yet as a few balls later Brett was in the action again. This time though it was a mistimed on drive that Rofe missed and was bowled again. Rofe only facing a few balls for his trouble and was sent packing again.
Cricket072008-11-1810-27-10-52.jpg

The last wicket of Manou was probably the best of the innings. Stuart Macgill was brought back into the attack for a spell and first ball he pitched it outside leg stump which Manou tried to flick away but managed to flick it up and a wonderful diving catch was Stuart Clark was all that was needed to wrap up the innings.
Cricket072008-11-1810-27-40-13.jpg

So in the end we bowled pretty well. I guess i was a bit annoyed that i didn't get a bowl but we had bowled South Australia out for less than 200. That was our aim.

Cricket072008-11-2012-49-31-21.jpg

The scorecard shows how dismal their batting was with only real resistance from Blewett.
Cricket072008-11-2012-50-33-17.jpg

for the delay in updates. my internet has been on and off constantly for the last couple of days. i should be fixed tho

Users who are viewing this thread