AC09 Player Editor - V1.0 in first post

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
This is the thread in which is discuss problems or issues with AC09 Player Editor. Please look at the readme as it is full of handy tips and contains info about future features etc.
Your editor also contains an updates button so you can check you have the latest version.

screen.jpg

screen1.jpg

changelog said:
Beta v0.6
Major interface update allowing you to select teams and players by name from each set.
Should also work for save game files.
Back up!!!

v0.7
Loads of backend stuff changed.
You will notice DOB is now editable, as are test/T20 stats and T20 squad number. Also moved some stuff around.

v0.8
Squads now viewable. DOB added again...

v0.9
Now, finally, you can edit names (up to 10 characters and not for savegame files).
Squads are editable.
Last names are editable (up to 16 characters)
BBI and HS editable
Team editable
Sleeves and sunblock editable
bats editable
faces editable
name changed to player editor
Bowling runups added
pads/gloves/keeper gear editable

V1.0
Interface changes
Readme written
Maidens added
Skill bonuses written

Bug reports below please.

Known Issues - version 1.0.1.0

Attachments

• AC09 Player Editor.rar
    243.7 KB · Views: 22,848
  • AC09 Player Editor.zip
    258.2 KB · Views: 5,576
Last edited by a moderator:

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Excellent work mate :)

I want to start an Ashes series but I think I'll wait until I can use this and edit the player speeds. It's no fun facing Anderson and co at 120 km/h.

2 questions:

Can we edit bowler actions and runups like in 2005?
How fast can you make a fast-medium bowler? I don't want everyone in the game labelled "fast". Guys like Irfan Pathan should be bowling at about 135 as Fast-Medium but I got him up to about 90 for pace in the inbuilt editor and the computer was bowling him at no faster than 120.

Last edited:

sorrydaijin

Club Captain
Looks great so far!

I got an error when madly clicking next with the Unknown tab open
The error happened when I went from 142214 to 142866

The "Spoof" section in 142866 seems to be wrong.
I have attached the offending USER.DAT file

I would fiddle around with it more, but I have to run.

jmxx009

School Cricketer
All of them, I'm using the Correct Names Patch.

I dont have any problems with the stats tab for my custom players and non custom players. As a matter of fact they are updated versions. I use the correct names patch too. The presentation looks detailed enough. It would be nice if there was a tab to change the bat/pads and all the other gears. At the moment, I cant tweak it. It just shows a default bats/kits. I am not sure what the unknown tab is all about.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Excellent work mate :)

I want to start an Ashes series but I think I'll wait until I can use this and edit the player speeds. It's no fun facing Anderson and co at 120 km/h.

2 questions:

Can we edit bowler actions and runups like in 2005?
How fast can you make a fast-medium bowler? I don't want everyone in the game labelled "fast". Guys like Irfan Pathan should be bowling at about 135 as Fast-Medium but I got him up to about 90 for pace in the inbuilt editor and the computer was bowling him at no faster than 120.

Yes but I've not discovered what the different bytes actually mean for action. Speeds I don't know, you'd have to experiment.

Looks great so far!

I got an error when madly clicking next with the Unknown tab open
The error happened when I went from 142214 to 142866

The "Spoof" section in 142866 seems to be wrong.
I have attached the offending USER.DAT file

I would fiddle around with it more, but I have to run.

Cheers. Caused by AB in AB de Villiers. Exactly what I'm looking for thanks.

All of them, I'm using the Correct Names Patch.

Download the current version, I've made a tweak.

I dont have any problems with the stats tab for my custom players and non custom players. As a matter of fact they are updated versions. I use the correct names patch too. The presentation looks detailed enough. It would be nice if there was a tab to change the bat/pads and all the other gears. At the moment, I cant tweak it. It just shows a default bats/kits. I am not sure what the unknown tab is all about.

I've made gear read only for now as changing it was causing crashes and I want to make sure I get it right.
Unknown tab is just that. Values in the data that I can't find an attribute for. If you can work out what they are then great. The top right one is bowl action.

Covvy

Panel of Selectors
I wanna get on the wall of shame: Why isn't it editing stuff?

On a more serious note, will there be any chance for the PS3 to have one?

Collingwood50

Club Cricketer
I wanna get on the wall of shame: Why isn't it editing stuff?

On a more serious note, will there be any chance for the PS3 to have one?

Im still trying though I don't have any knowledge on hex edit. We can only hope that Colin spots whats going wrong.

All i tried to do was add 10 to colly's fielding stats, and that corrupted it.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
New version (0.3) in first post. I've made changes to the display of names so there could be knock-on effects I've not realised.

@sorrydaijin - I've removed your user.dat as it contains your username/password for online.

sorrydaijin

Club Captain
doh. thanks for that. I'll change my pw just in case.... if I can remember what my original one was.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Version 0.4 is uploaded. Info about it is in post #1 but the headline news is that some stuff can now be saved.

Users who are viewing this thread