AC13 in the press - check here before posting articles

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Looks to me like a review of the day last Friday. I don't read that as them having played it.
Plus

Ashes Cricket 2013: vs Ashes Cricket 2011

Suggests they don't know much about previous releases.

it still comes as a surprise that 505 Games has decided to start again from scratch.

Ditto. Unaware that Trickstar don't own the license as Codies sold it to a third party.

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Looks to me like a review of the day last Friday. I don't read that as them having played it.
Plus

Suggests they don't know much about previous releases.

Ditto. Unaware that Trickstar don't own the license as Codies sold it to a third party.

Yeah not much in there that you did not tell us, still 80 different kind of shots is very promising.:thumbs

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Ashes Cricket 2013 preview | T3

Guys a first hands on not a review but something to read, short and sweet.:D

Read the review and found this snippet quite interesting...

Ashes Cricket 2013: Verdict

Visually, Ashes Cricket 2013 at first glance doesn't look dramatically different from the last instalment and with players still bumping into each other in the outfield there's still some bug fixing to be done before it launches.

With experience of making cricket games for more than 20 years there's probably no better team to create a cricket game that can be rightfully named alongside Brian Lara Cricket, but we will wait to get our hands-on before giving it the thumbs up or the raised finger.

How can gameplay related bug-fixing be still going on when the release date is barely 3 weeks away? Everytime I read news about the game I end up getting more confused :(

Last edited:

SibiNaayagam

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

How can gameplay related bug-fixing be still going on when the release date is barely 3 weeks away? Everytime I read news about the game I end up getting more confused :(

And 20 years of making cricket games?

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
And 20 years of making cricket games?
The NES game International Cricket came out in 1993, developed by Beam Software in Melbourne, some of the developers for that work for Trickstar (and some might have ended up with Big Ant - the games industry is small)

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman

Yep, that's a concern for me as well.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member

Can anyone make sense of the following piece from the article...

Because 505 Games is intends to release ahead of the actual Ashes test series in July, Ashes 2013 will release on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC. It will launch initially in the UK and Australasia, and 505 has plans to distribute the game in Europe and the US within three to six months.

If UK & Australasia is covered where exactly are 505 Games going to "distribute the game within three to six months" :rolleyes This makes as much sense as 505 Games' marketing plan at the moment.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
It always worries me slightly when reviewers refer to phantom previous games. Anyone here played Ashes Cricket 11?
Also worries me when features like "behind the batter view" and "pitch degradation" are being touted as new.

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
It always worries me slightly when reviewers refer to phantom previous games. Anyone here played Ashes Cricket 11?
Also worries me when features like "behind the batter view" and "pitch degradation" are being touted as new.

I think he was meaning ic2010, the critic knows nothing and that's always the way. I will read there reviews but only pc review will be the right one to judge by, also mine.:p

cricket_online

ICC Board Member

As soon as a reviewer refers to a "batter" it's clear the guy/gal reviewing the game doesn't have much idea about cricket.

Users who are viewing this thread