Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Its LIVE guys...:D

DBC17 Demo - Release 0.0.69 Live Now

NEW CAMERA OPTION
Pro Cam

NEW SHOTS
Helicopter Shot (Unorthodox + Straight Shot)
Lofted sweep (Unorthodox + Back Left Diagonal on Right Stick - Based on Right Handed Batsman)
Reverse sweep (Unorthodox + Back Right Diagonal on Right Stick - Based on Right Handed Batsman)
Pad Away (Leave + Defensive Trigger)
Hook shots - Normal and Aggressive (Back Foot + Down on Right Stick)

SPIN BOWLING
Tuned spin bowling difficulty

ADDITIONS
Added Leave Option to Left Stick Click, Right Stick Click or A button.

francobaldo1

Fearsome tweak legend...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
i will Pad Away for the next hour ^^ altough it's not easy it seems. You have to press left stick and choose a direction on left stick, holding the right defensive trigger. Maybe
it would be easy to use defensive trigger +x button (on ps3 joypad) and choose a direction with left stick.

edit: actually is better as it is now, is not that difficult

Last edited:

BittuGamz

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
RS click down is for advance shot...where did that go now?

Edit: Between RS click down for leave and padding is a great idea and can be used nice nicely in game...good work

Fissionmailed

Associate Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Oh my, that Hook shot animation is ace, and the shot itself is very effective. Career bowlers better beware if you bowl short and I pick it, they're getting put out of the ground.

Put a few sweeps over the fence against spin as well that was very satisfying.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Guys also try the front foot square cut and late cut..Seems more realistic, just the shot animation finish needs bit of tweak otherwise awesome..

Front foot square cut is powerful slog overs shot IMO, not the elegant ones like cover drive or straight drive but piercing the gap is really possible..Can be played on full and good deliveries..

Helicopter is cool well done shot..Needs more power to the shot as it is powerful grounded and lofted shot..Good thing is it cannot be a getaway shot rather one has to get it in right position to execute it well [On legend so level experience might differ]

Slog sweep is well placed shot now..

Pro cam is something which people can enjoy more, I felt it as a great way to play and was able to time all the shots on ideal, the feel is great..But for me continuous first person cam can become nauseating..Great addition regardless..

Minhaz Mizan

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
What is the size of the update? More than 1 GB? :noway

aabretz

Banned
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Yea i am liking the new shots and that new hook and flick off the legs is gr8 and that square cut off the front foot is smick. im yet to be able to do slog sweep or chopper shot

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
In love with backfoot mid wicket shots and backfoot shots in general..:D

Edit: Pad away works perfectly, did not know that you can add direction to which you want to pad away..Its again very well done...

Last edited:

karolkarol

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Ireland (Cricket)
Loving the new shots, the pull and hook animations are great and the addition of the slog sweep is very welcome.

As for the precision leg glance....that is just bloody glorious.

Another excellent Friday I'd say.

Last edited:

grkrama

National Board President
Fantastic addition, The PRO CAM looks solid it feels improved over 14 especially the tunnel Vision part, plays solid, the front foot cuts and late cuts are top notch! The lofted sweeps, and Reverse one look closer to real life ones now!

flake

County Cricketer
Thought I had better copy this here. There is some weird things going on in the Academy after that update. @BigAntStudios @MattW

1. Its now impossible to scroll down when in the layers menu of the logo creator.
2. Hair on all players is much darker, blonde is almost gone.
3. Stubble has disappeared.
4. A few lighting issues as well it seems.

Plotinus

Associate Captain
A really nice update...I'm delighted to see Pro Cam back (though I am as bad as ever batting with it on). One thing I have noticed is that when you toggle the advance down the pitch button, your view in Pro Cam turns to face extra cover...which is a little odd. On the topic of the covers, is the cover drive available yet? I've tried to play through the covers but can't get anything between driving through mid-off and cutting through square...could just be my lousy batting. Leg-side shots through midwicket are excellent.

I've also found it hard to get good spin when bowling spinners. I think the HUD makes more sense now (apart from the flight/bounce marker still going beyond its 90 degree limit)...but I can't quite work out how to get good spin. Something has changed since the last release...but I'm not quite sure what. Some guidance on how we should approach bowling spin, from BA, would be greatly appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread