Afghanistan vs Zimbabwe in UAE (Dec - Jan)

PokerAce

Banned
  • Fri Dec 25 (50 ovs) 15:00 local (11:00 GMT | 16:30 IST)
    1st ODI - Afghanistan v Zimbabwe Sharjah Cricket Stadium
  • Tue Dec 29 (50 ovs) 15:00 local (11:00 GMT | 16:30 IST)
    2nd ODI - Afghanistan v Zimbabwe Sharjah Cricket Stadium
  • Sat Jan 2 (50 ovs) 15:00 local (11:00 GMT | 16:30 IST)
    3rd ODI - Afghanistan v Zimbabwe Sharjah
  • Mon Jan 4 (50 ovs) 15:00 local (11:00 GMT | 16:30 IST)
    4th ODI - Afghanistan v Zimbabwe Sharjah Cricket Stadium
  • Wed Jan 6 (50 ovs) 15:00 local (11:00 GMT | 16:30 IST)
    5th ODI - Afghanistan v Zimbabwe Sharjah Cricket Stadium
  • Fri Jan 8 (20 ovs) 20:00 local (16:00 GMT | 21:30 IST)
    1st T20I - Afghanistan v Zimbabwe Sharjah Cricket Stadium
  • Sun Jan 10 (20 ovs) 20:00 local (16:00 GMT | 21:30 IST)
    2nd T20I - Afghanistan v Zimbabwe Sharjah Cricket Stadium

PokerAce

Banned
Afghanistan won the first ODI in a low scoring affair. Batting first Afg were dismissed for 131, with Cremer taking 5 wickets. Zadran was the highest scoring batsman with 63, scoring nearly half of his sides runs.

In reply the Zimbabwe batsmen could only muster 82 runs.

Last edited:

Abhil

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Afghanistan won the first ODI in a low scoring affair. Batting first Zimbabwe were dismissed for 131, with Cremer taking 5 wickets. Zadran was the highest scoring batsman with 63, scoring nearly half of his sides runs.

In reply the Zimbabwe batsmen could only muster 82 runs.
Afghanistan and not Zimbabwe were dismissed for 131 bro.[DOUBLEPOST=1451069694][/DOUBLEPOST]I betted money on Zimbabwe because i thought that Zimbabwe was strong in contrast to Afghanistan but it came out to be a surprise.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
^ Actually I bet 300K on Afg to win the series so, quite happy with the first ODI result :)
I think you got it right. Zimbabwe's batting has been quite bad after the loss of Taylor, although other players like Chibabha, Chigumbura and Williams have scored some runs. One thing that I don't understand is why they prepare slow tracks at home, when their batsmen did so well on the pacy tracks Down Under in the World Cup.

PokerAce

Banned
Actually these games are being held in Sharjah, I have no idea why that is. Zimbabwe have no issues hosting games in Zimbabwe and Afghanistan now have a ground near Delhi. So why this tour is in Sharjah I don't know.

Perhaps it was scheduled before Afghanistan got their Noida ground.

Anyway the point is that if its Sharjah, I am sure it is more likely to be an Afg home series, so that would make them have an option on what kind of pitches should be prepared. So if these pitches are slow, then that should be down to Afg not Zim. However in Sharjah I doubt there are too many slow surfaces. Those pitches traditionally are great for batting.

PokerAce

Banned
Afghanistan won the second game of the series by 4 wickets. Set a target of 254 to win, Afg WK Md. Shahzad scored an unbeaten 131 as opener to help see Afghanistan through with over 2 overs to spare.

Afghanistan Lead the Series 2-0.

Ohm

User Title Purchaser
Yea, Afghanistan have a very descent lineup. They should be able to celebrate their first wins over some of the full member sides in next few years(2/10 have been beaten). Their hard work just reflects on their results, they're 2-0 up already. Lol. I was following the scores until 2/150, I thought Afghan would easily seal that one with 6/7 wickets to spare. Anyways, fine result for them. Shahzad's comeback in form actually increase some concern for Zimbabwe. He's one finest player Afghan have got and is beautiful once finds the momentum.

PokerAce

Banned
Just give Afg and Irl Test status already. We effectively have only 7 real test teams anyway. WI and Zimbabwe are not really good enough to be test sides. Bangladesh have been a non-existant test side for far too long. Yes they have shown signs of tremendous improvement in ODIs, but they are still a very very weak test side.

So ICC should give Afg and Irl two sides who have shown consistancy, test status.

PokerAce

Banned
With the series tied at 2-2, Gulbadin Naib, produced a super knock to help Afg chase down Zimbabwe's total of 248 in a thrilling chase with just 2 balls to spare. Zimbabwe seemed on course to avenge their series loss to Zimbabwe back in Zimbabwe, when chasing 248 Afghanistan were reduced to 121/5. That is when the hero for Afghanistan Naib, walked out. He smashed 82 off just 68 deliveries, to turn the tables and remained unbeaten till the end.

Afg required 10 off the final over to win, and Naib having taken 2 off the first delivery, got a streaky boundary off the second ball. He then Dhonied it off the 4th ball. Brilliant series win for Afghanistan.

Na Maloom Afraad

Man of Tomorrow
The Boys
Afg required 10 off the final over to win, and Naib having taken 2 off the first delivery, got a streaky boundary off the second ball. He then Dhonied it off the 4th ball. Brilliant series win for Afghanistan.
You missed the third ball.

He digged out a yorker on the leg side and ran for two runs, after completing the second run, Gulbadin Naib ran to the boundary thinking He has won. :lol

(He was almost about to throw his helmet and bat in the crowd)

PokerAce

Banned
Just to give people an idea of how big this win is in Afghanistan -

Na Maloom Afraad

Man of Tomorrow
The Boys
It's because 10 years ago , they had nothing. Now they are competing at world level. And have defeated a Test playing nation.

Users who are viewing this thread