any multichain experts?

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
what it says really? any multichain experts, particularly in terms of customising assets?

wanting to run a concept past someone and verify if i'm off with the fairies.

D

Dutch

If you are starting up Blockers United Monies (BUM) I will invest!

Its all abracadabra to me so I am worthless to you!

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Is this related to Blockchains (and maybe Bitcoins)?

I've done some reading, but that's about it :p

Yes multichain is a blockchain platform allowing the creation of private blockchains.

Similarly I've done some reading but I need someone with much more expertise than me :)

It's not Bitcoin though or any form of cryptocurrencg

Dipak

ICC Board Member
Was just confirming :p

What are the other uses of Blockchains apart from Cryptocurreny? Just intrigued. Whatever I've read about Blockchain was in the context of cryptocurrency.

D

Dutch

Was just confirming :p

What are the other uses of Blockchains apart from Cryptocurreny? Just intrigued. Whatever I've read about Blockchain was in the context of cryptocurrency.
It can be used to create and store digital information very securely and highly shareable amongst those authorized and is virtually impossible to hack because the blocks form a unique chain that only fit together to make any sense hence the name.

A bitcoin is just a chain of blocks of highly encrypted digital code that people are willing to pay money for: it has no real value and is not underpinned by any commodity except the value people attach to it.

That is why it is so volatile as it is completely unregulated: take the dollar for instance; the federal reserve will take measures to ensure its value if it goes beyond certain parameters, by selling or buying currency in great amounts, or it sets interest rates to counter too much or too little inflation. The dollar is also (although to ever decreasing levels) undepinned by gold reserves and other hardware valuables. The bitcoin and all cryptomoney has none of this.

Last edited by a moderator:

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
strictly speaking, the bitcoin and/or other cryptocurrencies are "tokens" that reward people for using their computer processing power to verify the transactions that are posted on the blockchain. they are the incentive for doing that. (if you've heard of bitcoin "mining", the mining is actually just doing computationally difficult mathematics you verify the transactions are valid - by doing that they ear some bitcoin.

there are lots of uses of blockchain type technology and i think it will be revolutionary, but perhaps not in the way some people think. bitcoin and blockchain was initially attractive largely to criminals and libertarians - criminals because of the anonymity, and libertarians because it's a currency that cannot be debased by a government.

what blockchain allows is certainty among two parties to transact without any central "trust" authority. so this can be used for lots of things - land registry, art provenance etc.

so far, one of the biggest constraints on wider applications of the technology - apart from the fundamental knowledge gap - is making the leap of imagination to apply the technology without the currency (and finding an alternative incentive for participants to supply nodes and verify transactions). the token/currency represents an ever more expensive tax on transactions on the blockchain, and so for an efficient commercial solution that token needs to be removed.

rachel bootsman, bettina warburg and others have some excellent TED talks on blockchain technology, if you want to find out more.

ASTER01

School Cricketer
If you want to fly with fairies, help me too! I know that multichain really has a very strong connection with blockchain. But I know there are many multichain experts in India if I’m not mistaken. Although if you are interested in earning free bitcoin in India access the given link How to Earn Free Bitcoin in India - InvestoTrend to start making normal money. On this site, some multichain experts from India explain to you what the general notions such as mining mean, how to sponsor, and orient yourself correctly in this field. Sometimes you don't even get good advice from a friend.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread