Are cricket games boring?!!

mukund_nadkarni

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hey hold on!!

Just hear me out!! Keep those flashing blades for later will you?!!:D

Goodness me, this is 2008 and the best cricket game I've yet played is BLIC 2005! Yeah I didn't play BLIC 2007, doesn't work on my PC! But I guess it isn't very different from BLIC 2005!! Yeah I've played Cricket 2007, and all I can say about it is that EA's best game todate has to be Cricket 2004! Wonder what they were thinking when they created the 2005/07 games!

Overall I think cricket games have always received this step-motherly treatment from their respective producers. Just ain't enough money in it I guess! Of course India could be a market, but here PC penetration outside of the cities is very low and of course where there are PCs in India, enlightened folks like me know better than to help Codemasters fill their coffers!

But the games themselves are so poorly executed! Players, especially in EA games look like caricatures! In BLIC they are somewhat better. But gameplay is a big letdown, both in Cricket 07 and BLIC! It gets boring once the novelty wears off! Compare cricket games to games based on other sports and cricket games look like they belong to the dark ages!!

While I was playing BLIC 2005, one of my friends introduced me to FIFA 2006, and boy what a game that was!! And the same EA also produced EA Cricket 2005/07. And guess what, until I played this game I wasn't much of a football follower either!

Wonder when cricket fans will have their due!!

P.s.:

Next EA game title I guess would be 'The Stanford Millions 2010', or Codemaster's may be 'The HyP-L 2010', what say?!!:D

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
Wow, welcome to the forums and an amazing first post, Although I think now you are here go the Cricket 07 download forum and it makes the Cricket 07 experiecne a whole lot more enjoyable

usy

Chairman of Selectors
Welcome on board, I hope you know about Legend_masters (PC member) The Art of cricket game, which has been made.

khalek

Panel of Selectors
Cricket 07 is not boring... i suggest you get one of the patches of "blackk"...;)

mukund_nadkarni

Club Cricketer
Hey Holdenator, your signature is great!!
Sachin Is God!! I'm an atheist but for Sachin!!

And yeah I'll be sure check out that patch Khalek, but I guess it won't help much!! The flaws are intrinsic to the game itself, and mods can only add a touch of make-up maybe,to make it look better, but the game itself can't be modified!!

But thanks anyways!!:cheers

khalek

Panel of Selectors
And yeah I'll be sure check out that patch Khalek, but I guess it won't help much!! The flaws are intrinsic to the game itself, and mods can only add a touch of make-up maybe,to make it look better, but the game itself can't be modified!!

Dude you gotta check it out first... the patch makes you feel like you are playing real cricket match..;)

Chetan0304

Chairman of Selectors
if you find crick games boring you are in a wrong forum..
anyone knows the site of barbie dolls ;)

mukund_nadkarni

Club Cricketer

LOL!!:D

I was talking about cricket 'video games'!!

You really think they are interesting?!! By the way, if you think I'm basing my opinion upon just a single game, let me tell you I scored a whole 473* runs with Sachin batting in BLIC 2005 in test mode!! Also have bowled out the opposition atleast 7/8 times in BLIC/test mode!! Bowled a record 20 maidens on the trot with Zaheer Khan!!:D

And yes, I still think that cricket games are pretty boring!!

Not for nothing, despite not following football much, or having even played much football at all, the game I've played most is FIFA 06!!:mad:

Gameplay is the soul of any video game!! Rest is just showpiece, the absence of which can be tolerated!!

Highlander999

ICC President
Dude you gotta check it out first... the patch makes you feel like you are playing real cricket match..;)

The game still sucks. I've tried many combinations of patches and the game still isn't good (which is why I'm still playing an updated version of '05)

http://www.barbiecollector.com/

This isn't under my favourites :spy

Gameplay is the soul of any video game!! Rest is just showpiece, the absence of which can be tolerated!!

That is one of the most accurate statements. EA just think if they throw in some flashy graphics everything will be ok.

Also welcome to the forums, you seem like a pretty intelligent guy ;)

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
You like exclamation points, don't you? :p

Anyways, we feel you man. We're still hoping that Cricket 09 (I think that's what it'll be) will have at least one less bug then the 07 version (Making it 987,566,421,235,998 bugs :p) but knowing EA it'll probably be like 5 Gabillion more.

Welcome to the forums, as well!

AbBh

Panel of Selectors
Hey Holdenator, your signature is great!!
Sachin Is God!! I'm an atheist but for Sachin!!

But thanks anyways!!:cheers
Most of the patches are just cosmetic improvements but that is not true. The problem is that there is just too much wrong with the cricket games and it requires a lot of effort to correct even simple bugs.

Last edited:

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Also, Cricket is a massively complicated game in real life, so to convert it to a video game is always going to be hard, but I don't think EA/Codies have done their best so far.

Users who are viewing this thread