Ashes 2005 or Ashes 2009

Which series was best?

• Total voters

Gurjot95

National Board President
Which series you think was the most memorable and best series?

I think Ashes 2005 was most the exiting and thrilling series esp. with 3 runs victory by England.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
2005 was more unexpected. We were playing a team of legends and hadn't won for 20 odd years. The teams were more evenly matched this time round but the team we beat was a young one yet to make their names.

Covvy

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
2005 was way better, better players, better performances, better matches.

Aditya

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Both are good in my opinion but ashes2005 was better but 09 was also great because of england win again.;)

NICK_GIFF

Club Captain
Easily 2005 (which was also better than 06/07).

England had better players back then and the Australian team was almost mythical in its awesomeness.

But most of all, each Test provided riveting drama of some sort - Lord's was the worst for tension but for the first couple of days it was immense. After the Lord's test of '05 - almost every single session in the series was key.

06/07 was just a complete whitewash. I'm sure most Aussies would agree that the '05 series was easily much better in terms of excitement and in terms of pure cricket.

This year was ok, but each test was completely dominated by one side or the other.

WORLD CHAMPIONS

PC Battrick Cup Champion S17
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
2005 was much better compare to 2009, involving so many maestros :) but 2006 was the best, a complete whitewash :p I have voted for 2005 tbh we lost but still, it has some great cricket memories.

.::Stevo::.

International Coach
Easily 2005 (which was also better than 06/07).

England had better players back then and the Australian team was almost mythical in its awesomeness.

But most of all, each Test provided riveting drama of some sort - Lord's was the worst for tension but for the first couple of days it was immense. After the Lord's test of '05 - almost every single session in the series was key.

06/07 was just a complete whitewash. I'm sure most Aussies would agree that the '05 series was easily much better in terms of excitement and in terms of pure cricket.

This year was ok, but each test was completely dominated by one side or the other.

Couldn't of said it any better. Every match was one sided

Cardiff - Aus
Lords - Eng
Edgebaston - Eng
Headingly- Aus
Oval - Eng

So when you look at it like that, England actually did deserve the Ashes even though all the stats point to Australia. There bowling attack simply performed better than ours. Bowlers win matches, batters set them up.

NICK_GIFF

Club Captain
Stevo - did you steal that last line from Warney?? Pretty sure he said exactly the same thing yesterday. :D

...or perhaps he stole it from you... :spy

The whole skew in Stats is down to the fact that Australia were utterly utterly dominant at Cardiff and Headingley, whereas England didn't 'dominate' nearly so much in the Tests they dominated.

Users who are viewing this thread