Ashes Cricket 17 vs Cricket 22

Cricket_god

Associate Cricketer
After being disappointed with cricket 22 I saw a forum member praising ashes cricket 17 i decided to check it out .I was pleasantly surprised how good it is .

1.AI Batsman Can play spin.
2.AI plays shots according to user set fields ie they look for gaps.
3.First Slip is useful.
4.Batsman play realistic shots due to fluid animations.
5.No Fielding Bugs.Catching mini game is better.
6.Varied.types of edges,L.B.W,Bowleds

All in all if you want a good game of cricket and can forgive missing some Stadiums and Bowling Actions New Kits.Ashes Cricket 17 takes cricket 22 to cleaners .

Crassus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
My first game was C19 so never played Ashes Cricket 2017. After reading some posts though I'm genuinely considering buying it as I'm sure it'll be pretty cheap now.

Licenses and new funky bowling animations don't really appeal to me in comparison to actual gameplay so I'm wondering if I'd be better off with AC17?

All I'm after is a game that makes me believe I've played an actual game of cricket, with changeable conditions and weather that affect the movement of the ball, differing conditions if you're playing in Perth, Trent Bridge or Dhaka (there seems to be no difference in C22). I'm not bothered if the graphics aren't quite as good or if the proper grounds are in.

Would I get a more realistic cricket simulation with AC17 or should I just stick with C22?

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
My first game was C19 so never played Ashes Cricket 2017. After reading some posts though I'm genuinely considering buying it as I'm sure it'll be pretty cheap now.

Licenses and new funky bowling animations don't really appeal to me in comparison to actual gameplay so I'm wondering if I'd be better off with AC17?

All I'm after is a game that makes me believe I've played an actual game of cricket, with changeable conditions and weather that affect the movement of the ball, differing conditions if you're playing in Perth, Trent Bridge or Dhaka (there seems to be no difference in C22). I'm not bothered if the graphics aren't quite as good or if the proper grounds are in.

Would I get a more realistic cricket simulation with AC17 or should I just stick with C22?
I owned all cricket games. Ashes 17 is nice game even the batting animations are excellent

TerryAlderman

Club Captain
I still play AC 17 and still think that it holds up pretty well for a 6 year old game. Batting animations are pretty good ( although I don't think I've seen a human batter play a back foot leg glance) and if you are into stats the stats seem to update properly. Some of the AI fielding can be odd or just plain ugly though.

Users who are viewing this thread