Ashes Cricket 2009 bugs thread

Not sure if its a bug or not but it happens far to frequently. I was bowling with Swann in a T20 in hard. I pitched the ball just outside off, spinning back in to the right hander. Ponting plays all around his first delivery and then smacks the next two deliveries for a 4 and a 6. I then bowl the same line and again he plays around it with a daft appeal for LBW from Swann. Then again, pitched in the same area he gets clean bowled. Next over with Swann I kept the same line and got a wicket maiden in a T20!

That's the off-spinners exploit. The AI love to play fancy back foot cut shots to balls which pitch 3 metres from the popping crease.

That's the off-spinners exploit. The AI love to play fancy back foot cut shots to balls which pitch 3 metres from the popping crease.

Exploit as in I'm exploiting a glitch, I'm exploiting the batsmens weaknesses or thats naturally what spinners do?

Your exploiting the glitch. For some reason the AI thinks the ball will end up about waist high and a foot or two outside off stump. Realistically, the ball is knee high and hitting middle/leg. It shouldn't be like that, at all.

Your exploiting the glitch. For some reason the AI thinks the ball will end up about waist high and a foot or two outside off stump. Realistically, the ball is knee high and hitting middle/leg. It shouldn't be like that, at all.

Damn! I hope this gets patched. Where shall i bowl with the off-spinner then?

It's almost impossible to bowl with spinners in this game. You'll take a bag of wickets but get tonked around.

I once got run out when my batsmen had made a single and had been in their crease for at least 5 seconds. It was straight out, no third umpire.

And I hate having to bowl with spinners, I always get tonked heavily and never take a wicket.:facepalm

1. Camera Angle is the worst I have ever seen. Horrible! Developers have to learn from EA.
  2. AI forgets to rotate strike, always follow one policy - "Just destroy the bowler, in particular the spinner"!
  3. Tailenders sometimes ridiculously play Hayden/Tendulkar/Lara like shots. :sarcasm
  4. AI was the main focus in this release, and CPU often forgets that it has to bat out the full quota of 50 overs in ODI games. "Just hit out or get out", seems to be the instruction sent to AI.
  5. Reverse swing in ODI 50 over match? I didn't get till 46th over. :sarcasm And there should be a "new ball " option in 50 over match around 35th over.
  6. I came across one strange bug,

bugmjh.jpg

7.9 overs? :p

Last edited:
I'm now getting that off-spinner exploit with other types of bowlers. It's just a case of the AI not being able to distinguish between front foot/back foot shots. I reckon the problem with the wrong footwork stuff when you are batting, could be related to this exploit.

Powerplay bug is a bugger!

On online mode, once a defensive field is set with more than 2 fielders outside the ring, if the powerplay is taken by either bowling/batting side, the field will remain the same, meaning it wont actually be a "powerplay"

Well I just completed my online game,

1) Sometimes, when the throw comes to bowler/keeper even before batsmen reach the crease, no attempts have been made to remove the bails off.
2) I had a case where both my opponent's batsmen were running to same end. They picked 3 runs like that, i.e running together :laugh Ball came to keeper but keeper was very much interested in watching them rather than removing the bails off.:doh

I am playing the xbox 360 version

So far i found this happening to me.

1. everytime there is a run put or i hit the ball to the right hand side of the field, the controller drops out.

2. was playing a 20/20 got to 18.4 overs of bowling and the whole game locked up.

3 was completing lesson 4 of beefys batting clininc thing, and everytime i moved the stick to direct the hit, it would just reset to normal batting stance, bowler runs in goes to bowl ball, and it just resets over and over.

4 found lbws that were out not giving, but ones that clearly missed were giving out

5 some catches you have .3 of a second to hit green, and very rarely goes an orange catch stick

6 i knocked the stumps down at the bowlers end whislt bowling, and the batsman did nto even move, and i clean bowled him

when the game is working, i like it, but they need to address a lot of things it seems

On PS3 version.

1. Playing this morning in a T20 and got to the 15th over, was bowling with Flintoff and after the third ball instead of it saying 15.3 it showed 15.9

2. Playing this afternoon and was bowling and when my bowler was running up he would get a quarter of the way then disappear. It would then come up no ball and no matter how many balls I had bowled it finished the over.

I bought the game a few days back, my problem is when I play 20/20 (Thats all I've played yet) The batsmen beit mine or the AI seem to run halfway, stay there and not make any effort to get back. I bowled SA out for 29 with 9 wickets falling to this pathetic bug. I had to quit the game later because of this. Anyone else getting this?

Users who are viewing this thread