Ashes Cricket 2011 Wishlist

Career mode option is what i am looking for in ashes cricket 2011. Like we have in many racing games, in cricket we can have a player or a whole team i think to start a career and make records......

Is there any official confirmation about next installment ? like who is making this game?

Is there any official confirmation about next installment ? like who is making this game?

Nothing official from what I have seen. Obviously it cant be Transmission Games. Codemasters do have the Ashes License for 1 more series so Id say keep your hopes up, they will probably release the beta patched version of the game with a few more tweaks and graphics improvements as AC11

All the features to be included in AC09 are now not a secret anymore. We know almost every feature that would make it to final version of AC09. Intention of this thread is to help the developers understand what users/fan want from the next version of the game. Where they were right this time around and where they were wrong. What part of AC 09 fans wants as it is in the next game and what part they want to be fixed. We would discuss all this in this thread.

Here is my wishlist:

1)Be A Pro : A dedicated career mode is a must for the next game. We dont want a copied version of EA's Career mode. We want you to do something innovative with career mode. Something which no other developer has done with a sports game. We want you to surprise us.:D It would be awesome if career mode allows us to create a teenager of 13 or 14 years who then play in street games and get street credits based on performance. Gain enough credits to impress scouts who would give you a chance in under 15 . Move one from there and then make it to the national team. Off the field interaction should be there in the career mode. Interviews with the press, interaction with other players . Negotiating offers from clubs and county teams(if possible, get into a bar brawl with symmo:rtfl:rtfl)

2)Do not change batting or bowling system. You have created a gem. Just make the bounce of the ball less.(Though i expect that to be fixed in AC 09's final build or a patch by you)

3)You got contract with England and Australian boards . Then why not include their domestic competitions next time? You can create a manager mode this way which would allow player transfers etc.

4)Add antialiasing. Game looks fantastic in you play 5 feet away from screen. But on getting close, you can really see the lack of antialiasing. I hope you guys would include this in final version of AC09.

5)ICC Test ,ODI and T20 rankings in the game. This would give player another
challenge to make his team no.1 in the world or his created player number 1 batsman. Create some code in the engine to simulate AI vs AI matches in the background while we are playing the match. This code should be in accordance with the FTP. This way the ranking system would be more realistic. I guess you cannot get the license for the other teams but there surely is no license to prevent you from simulate games in background according to FTP. (FTP is Future Tour Program)

6)Create the players with variable heights. In the demo, all players look like same hight.

7)Please play Smackdown Vs Raw 2009 game. See its Create-A-Finisher option. There a finisher is divided into 9 or 10 parts. You select how player would start finisher then add the various move together to create a unique finisher. This theory can be used in cricket game to give unbelievable results.
But for this you have to include more MOCAPs of every shot. Atleast 6 mocaps would do great. those 6 would be individual batting style of 6 unique players today whose style differ a lot(i guess Ponting,Sachin,Pietersen,Sehwag,Yuvraj,De Villeirs, Hayden,). Then in Create-a-player mode you would allow user to select how his player would play cover drive, how he would play lofted hook and so on. This would enable users to create players with unbelievably diverse styles. Imagine a player who
play straight drive,leg glance like Sachin, Hook ,lofted on drive like pietersen, Slog sweep like Yuvraj.:eek::banana2:banana2:banana2.

8)Dont allow all the players to play all the shots. User should practice a shot with a player to improve his skill. User should play in the nets that shot correctly to add that shot to a players artillery.

9)Include Special Shots which would become available on maximum confidence. Like Pietersen's Switch hit. Yuvraj's Slog sweep(i know other players would have slog sweep as well but they wont play that against fast bowler).

10) Use the dpad completely. You allow us to move in the crease left or right using left right keys in Dpad. Why you never thought about vertical movement. In Next Ashes Cricket, allow player to move batsman vertically also like hayden & Gambhir do. This would be an awesome feature using which we would be able to convert good length balls into half volley.

11) If you include above feature then option of calling keeper up the stumps for the fast bowlers is essential.

12) Again, let us use the right analog stick to. In real life, a bowler doesnt let the batsmen know at the start of his run up that he gonna bowl the ball from wide of the crease. He does it at the last moment. Let us control the bowler while he is bowling with analog stick. Up and down of right analog stick should decide bowlers running speed. If wee keep up pressed too much, then bowler would give his all in the delivery. This would be effort ball. It would be faster than normal balls but require more stamina. So i we bowl effort ball after effort ball then bowler may get tired just after 3 or 4 overs. let and right analog sticks should control the bowler's angle while he is running. So we can either keep pressing it very early to get more angle or press at last moment to get lesser angle but surprise batsman.

13) Show a full body health bar of the batsman on strike on top right hand corner of the screen. Just show a outline of the human body in green colour to show healthy fresh player. Now if bowler hit batsman on his arm continuously then it should be red in health meter and batsman would not be able to play the shots properly which require that arm. Give the option to retire hurt anytime to prevent injury.

14) Show Man of the Match presentation after match.

woooof!! Thats a lot of stuff:D. I guess i got carried away;). Anyway add your suggestions for the wishlist.

and there should be like a draft, if you ppl ever played nba 2k10 draft combine

Nothing official from what I have seen. Obviously it cant be Transmission Games. Codemasters do have the Ashes License for 1 more series so Id say keep your hopes up, they will probably release the beta patched version of the game with a few more tweaks and graphics improvements as AC11

If it will be a patched version then whats the point wasting time on all those long long suggestions :mad:

This is something I can accept but if they leave out either depth in tournaments or stats tracking, it will can be considered a lazy effort and a cash-grab. Both of those 2 features I mentioned need to be addressed adequately.

Unfortunately, I tend to believe the game will just be a AC09 with another patch applied, as you said. But, we'll have to wait for the first Q&A press release, which might not be for 8 months. Oh yeah, and completely honest and direct information from Codemasters about the game would be nice this time.

what about ea, have they announced something its high time a ea cricket 05 came out disguised as ea cricket 10/11:spy:sarcasm

Users who are viewing this thread