This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Ashes Cricket will be released 21st of June 2013

Chief's* origins are dark and murky, he has all the secrets of Ashes '13 but will he tell them? He's not the hero Planet Cricket wants, but he's the hero Planet Cricket needs. Our watchful gaming protector, our Dark Kn... er...Third Umpire...

Here you can ask questions to Chief himself, it's at his discretion whether he answers them or not. Keep em short, simple and to the point. Remember to check the FAQ as your question may have already been answered

I'll keep this post updated with any relevant/interesting/specific answers from Chief below.

Chief Answers...

Oh and... check the FAQ for the FACTS!

*Chief was previously a producer for Codemasters Cricket 09 and is currently involved in producing Cricket 2013 ...also secretly Bruce Wayne, when he's not Batman. The latter is just between you and me.

Last edited:

manee

Chairman of Selectors
Do you have cricket consultants on the game? Perhaps professional cricketers or biomechanists to ensure things look good and real.

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
Master chief, how is halo 4 going.:yes
Ok now to the real questions, no more bad
jokes ok.

When will you show us the game, from features and screen shots.
Also has trickstar been working on ashes 2013 for the last 3 years.
Did trickstar start working with codemasters first.:D

Chief

Panel of Selectors
FIRST EXCLUSIVE SCREENSHOT:

DSC_0090.JPG

Sorry it's a bit blurry, but had to sneak it away whilst the designer was AFK... As you will already have guessed, it's a page of the WIP commentary scripting.

But seriously folks, I'm afraid you won't be seeing screenshots for quite a while yet: along with the fact that we obviously wouldn't want to show anything off until it was juuuuuuuust right, there's licensing complications involved as well...

Obviously we will get to that stage, and we'll be doing some regular dev diaries starting up quite soon and show you bits and pieces. We'll also be talking FEATURES in those, much sooner than you'll be seeing any visuals though.

Hey: but you knew that would be the answer right? I beg of you all: pazienza. :-)

:spy

Chief

Panel of Selectors
Do you have cricket consultants on the game? Perhaps professional cricketers or biomechanists to ensure things look good and real.

We're very fortunate to have strong links with both the national bodies, and also with certain state organizations who very kindly organize us some expert advice where needed. You may well see some of that going down in some of the dev diaries - I will make a note if that's the sort of thing you guys would be interested in?

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
Do you plan to use motion capture for things like shots, fielding, and Bowling actions?
Also could you share if you are trying to get official licenses for all the boards?
Another thing, will this game again be region locked?

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
Chief, if you could just tell us few little things that would be great.
I will not ask to much because i know you guys are busy and will
not answer anything juice. Maybe something like is the game going
for arcade or close to the real thing.;)

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
Sorry it's a bit blurry, but had to sneak it away whilst the designer was AFK... As you will already have guessed, it's a page of the WIP commentary scripting.

Is it all-new dialogue, or are you re-using already sourced commentary for elements? Nice to get a little glimpse behind the scenes.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
I would imagine as it's not the same code as IC10 that it might actually be different commentary to BLC99.

Well, if that's the case... Be really classy to get Benaud to do one more round just for history's sake. If he'd do it (and/or was affordable). I liked how C09 has appropiate commentators in certain parts of the globe. Getting Ian Smith for NZ, Tony Cozier for West Indies, Bumble for England and so on would be a nice touch. All depends on the scope and size of the game they're shooting for, really. As long as it's not Danny F'n Morrison I'll sleep easy.

Soooo many wishes and questions. It's hard not to get ones hopes up!

Gurjot95

National Board President
I just want to know how much the development has progressed. So we can base our ideas/wishlist according to the progress of development. Like if player models/animations has been completed, no one would suggest doing new animations. If they aren't, one can give ideas how the animations can be tweaked and which bowling action should be implemented.

Users who are viewing this thread