Asia Cup 2018 - UAE (September 2018)

Who do you think will win the Asia Cup 2018?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Villain

ICC Board Member
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Code:
Group Stage
15 September - Bangladesh vs Sri Lanka (Dubai)
16 September - Pakistan vs Hong Kong (Dubai)
17 September - Sri Lanka vs Afghanistan (Abu Dhabi)
18 September - India vs Hong Kong (Dubai)
19 September - India vs Pakistan (Dubai)
20 September - Bangladesh vs Afghanistan (Abu Dhabi)

Super Four
21 September - Group A Winner vs Group B Runner-up (Dubai)
21 September - Group B Winner vs Group A Runner-up (Abu Dhabi)
23 September - Group A Winner vs Group A Runner-up (Dubai)
23 September - Group B Winner vs Group B Runner-up (Abu Dhabi)
25 September - Group A Winner vs Group B Winner (Dubai)
26 September - Group A Runner-up vs Group B Runner-up (Abu Dhabi)

Final:
28 September - Asia Cup 2018 Final (Dubai)

Last edited:

BlaizFlare

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Looking forward to the Asia Cup! Will be an exciting India-Pakistan redux, I kinda think we have the upper hand due to UAE being our adapted home pitch, but India is also strong as well. Also I am gonna make a guess that Nepal will make their Asia Cup debut (correct me if wrong), but UAE, Oman (kinda) and Hong Kong are also good contenders.

Bhumi

Club Captain
Looking forward to the Asia Cup! Will be an exciting India-Pakistan redux, I kinda think we have the upper hand due to UAE being our adapted home pitch, but India is also strong as well. Also I am gonna make a guess that Nepal will make their Asia Cup debut (correct me if wrong), but UAE, Oman (kinda) and Hong Kong are also good contenders.
Yes Nepal will be makes their Asia cup debut but for international ODI their debut on Aug 1st 2018 vs Netherland

Mijurkat

Mystery Monarch
India
CSK
Islamabad
Sydney Thunder
Southern Brave
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Pakistan will win this year Asia Cup.

Good to watch Agarwal dismissed off Pakistani bowlers

Just a dream! They will not select Mayank. Rohit-Dhawan duo is permanent for limited overs or even Rayudu.

Perfect Square

No Corners
PAK...
CSK
LQ
MS
Sydney Sixers
Brisbane Heat
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Suddenly Asia Cup is looking more than just India, Pakistan and Sri Lanka. I expect Bangladesh and Afghanistan to give tough times to Pakistan and India. Who knows they might even win a couple of games.

This should be exciting!

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Suddenly Asia Cup is looking more than just India, Pakistan and Sri Lanka. I expect Bangladesh and Afghanistan to give tough times to Pakistan and India. Who knows they might even win a couple of games.

This should be exciting!
Afghanistan is a pretty decent team but 50 overs are way too long for them to topple experienced teams.

I am expecting India to win the Asia Cup. Pakistan will most likely qualify for the final.

Bhumi

Club Captain

This should be exciting!
I do not think virat will go because England tour only completed on September 11.Or you can say top India player might rested and we only sends our second string side.pakistan probably lift Asia cup easily as this format is 50/50.[DOUBLEPOST=1534144359][/DOUBLEPOST]
What do you mean??
If Agarwal go there do you think he survives vs Pakistan speedster?

No way[DOUBLEPOST=1534144410][/DOUBLEPOST]
I do not think virat will go because England tour only completed on September 11.Or you can say top India player might rested and we only sends our second string side.pakistan probably lift Asia cup easily as this format is 50/50.[DOUBLEPOST=1534144359][/DOUBLEPOST]
If Agarwal go there do you think he survives vs Pakistan speedster?

No way

Perfect Square

No Corners
PAK...
CSK
LQ
MS
Sydney Sixers
Brisbane Heat
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I do not think virat will go because England tour only completed on September 11.Or you can say top India player might rested and we only sends our second string side.pakistan probably lift Asia cup easily as this format is 50/50
Seriously. India will send their B team? Any reasons?

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
I have a strong feeling Pakistan will win this. The Indian teams weaknesses were well exposed by the English and it's clear that our batting order besides the top three can make anything substantial. And add to that Kohli is unpredictable (in a bad way) as a captain. His chopping has led to insecurity in the team.

India have the bowlers to win this, and it can easily match Pakistan's bowling might which they've maintained for a while now, delivering good results. They've solved the openers problem, but both teams are lacking in the middle order. Shoaib Malik is the only consistent Pakistani batsmen down the middle order. Haris and Sarfraz haven't anything notable down there. Same goes for India. You don't known what's up with Dhoni, and it's a mess after the top three. But still Pakistan's middle order and lower order is a bit better as they've got Shadab Khan and Faheem Ashraf who can bat well. It's similar conditions to India and Pakistan have the UAE as their home for a number of years, still could go either way.

One should not rule out SL and Bangladesh. Seeing these are spinning conditions, anything could got their way. Dananjaya flummoxed SA on a dusty track. They've shown potential as well as Bangladesh. Afghanistan has the ability to surprise.

Perfect Square

No Corners
PAK...
CSK
LQ
MS
Sydney Sixers
Brisbane Heat
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Pakistan
They've solved the openers problem, but both teams are lacking in the middle order. Shoaib Malik is the only consistent Pakistani batsmen down the middle order. Haris and Sarfraz haven't anything notable down there. Same goes for India. You don't known what's up with Dhoni, and it's a mess after the top three. But still Pakistan's middle order and lower order is a bit better as they've got Shadab Khan and Faheem Ashraf who can bat well. It's similar conditions to India and Pakistan have the UAE as their home for a number of years, still could go either way.
I assume you're talking about LO format. Since this thread is on Asia Cup. I partially don't agree with you here. Pakistan's middle order is getting settled with Asif Ali coming in and Sarfraz also showing some consistency in the T20 formats. Openers in ODI is also looking good with Fakhar and Imam. India's top three are more consistent then Pakistan's though.

Users who are viewing this thread