Assassin's Creed III

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Didn't buy ACR, but still I'm pumped for a full fledged addition to the Assassin's Creed franchise.

Accoring to a leak it looks highly likely the new one will be set in the American Revolution, a great setting. Hopefully without guns so it dosen't become a shooter of any sort.

6ry4nj

International Coach
If you want a late 18th-century setting without guns, wouldn't you have to go with something more like the Scarlet Pimpernel? The American Revolution without guns is kind of like the Stone Age without stones. :yes

Gurjot95

National Board President
Official confirmed.

421569_10151339457380436_13892765435_23265414_196937486_a.jpg

Last edited:

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
If you want a late 18th-century setting without guns, wouldn't you have to go with something more like the Scarlet Pimpernel? The American Revolution without guns is kind of like the Stone Age without stones. :yes

I know, but I don't want the one good unique non-shooter franchise to turn into a shooter...

Wasn't there someone on this forum begging for an American Revolution theme? Nightprowler or Friend maybe?

Gurjot95

National Board President
I am pretty sure it was Mark who wanted it to set in America.

BTW Don't dare to ruin the Revelations story to me. I haven't yet played the game.

6ry4nj

International Coach
I know, but I don't want the one good unique non-shooter franchise to turn into a shooter...
Agreed. It totally wouldn't be Assassin's Creed if your protagonist even had access to any firearm. Everyone else is going to have them, but that's ok, isn't it? :p

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Agreed. It totally wouldn't be Assassin's Creed if your protagonist even had access to any firearm. Everyone else is going to have them, but that's ok, isn't it? :p

Yeah, no problems there.

Even the pistola from AC II games is OK though.

I'll ruin the ACR story by saying it's pretty crap like ACB (I've heard). Pretty crap game overall apparently.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
I guess giving lots of guards guns might change the gameplay a bit. Maybe force you to use the streets and alleys more, instead of just scamper for the nearest rooftop and run 'till safe. Or stab everyone until they stop firing arrows at you.

Weird that AC2 I did everything bar the feathers, but then felt no need to play Revelations after what I'd heard about it. Will play brotherhood through at some point, probably try and grab it in a sale at some point.

P Squared

International Coach
Those clothes are gonna look a bit weird during that time period

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
He's apparently native american/english. Which basically means he can kill anyone in the game without anyone moaning it's not politcally correct.

I like the tree scene, be cool if you could properly stalk through a forest, using bushier bits as cover.

P Squared

International Coach
I'll ruin the ACR story by saying it's pretty crap like ACB (I've heard). Pretty crap game overall apparently.

It isn't all that bad, but Desmond's ending is a bit of a letdown though(Altair and Ezio's are awesome).

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
The entire Desmond stuff is a letdown. I don't think they ever needed any of that crap, although clearly Ass5 or whatever will be set in a bustling modern day New York, or a modern Tokyo or something. I reckon they'll wait for the new consoles for that, as they'd obviously need seriously large crowds of people, which currently they'd struggle to do with the hardware limitations.

Users who are viewing this thread