Australia in South Africa Oct-Nov 2011/12

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Well deserved man of the match for Cummins and man of the series for Philander. Only Amla and Watson, if he could have bowled this test, were in the running really.

Certainly wasn't expecting an injured Watson, Hughes, Ponting, Haddin and Johnson to stand up with the bat. Probably going to make a not-so-interesting XI for NZ though.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Posted via Mobile Device

So fantastoc series ends wish there was one more to justify who's better.
With India is 2nd now :D happy for that too as we can pounce back No1 rankings again :p

midgetwars

Club Captain
Clarke retains his undefeated record in his series of captaincy, Australia breaks the largest chase on the ground, Gets the lowest score in the other test.

What a wonderful series.

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
Thoroughly backing Australia now to crush India (2-0/3-1) in the upcoming four test series after this display. They can only get better with the return of Shaun Marsh and Ryan Harris. What a time for the big man (Ponting) to be on the runs!

Also tipped Johnson to play a blinder with the bat yesterday. ;)

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
Great match by the sounds, kinda glad I didn't watch the end or I might have cracked with all the tension. And yes, how very Marcus North-y of Ponting, Haddin and Johnson all stepping up with the game on the line and perhaps their careers. Does Inverarity dare change a winning side? This will be a good insight into his philosophy.

Great job lads, unbeaten in all 3 series on tour and even won one of them :cheers

War

Chairman of Selectors
My Test Series review

Interesting series, that certainly deserves a third test. Without a third this series is thoroughly incomplete. Since as i've articulated before if S Africa had won this series, I would have placed them equal to England as the # 1 ATM.

So in a lot of ways this adhoc two-test series sells them short IMO.

However as it stands, AUS played very in the face of a series defeat to win and the rebuilding process after the Ashes disappointment, under Clarke is slowly but surely progressing.

Thank god this is the end of the maniac Andrew Hilditch era as selector. He certainly will not be missed.

Going forward IMO, Hughes and Johnson should no longer be starters and I remain in the camp that feels Ponting deserves to see out the AUS home summer and retire on his own terms. Hopefully the new selection panels views it that way as well.

Hughes technique is too faulty and will always get him into trouble. Khawaja looked very solid technically in his 65 and I would be more comfortable with either him or Marsh opening with Watson.

Johnson regardless of his match winning innings with the bat, has to be dropped and needs all the help he can get to find the swing consistently that brought him success vs SA 08/09, Perth 2010. If not, he can no longer be a test regular.

Best AUS Test XI now:

Watson
Marsh
Khawaja
Ponting
Clarke
Hussey
Haddin
Harris
Cummins
Lyon
Bollinger

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
''As soon as it hit my pad, I thought it must be going down leg,'' he said. ''Then I went down the other end and Johnno's (Mitch Johnson) like, 'yeah, it hit you outside off'. I said, 'I thought so!'.'' Umpire Gould said not out, and Hawkeye showed it only glancing leg stump, which is not enough to overrule.

Read more: Australia pulls off two-wicket win

Haha Cummins is quite the character.

VC the slogger

PlanetCricket Forever
India
AFG...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
So South Africa will have to wait longer for a first home series victory against the Aussies since 1970.Australia were brilliant and rightly won the match.
Pat Cummins(6/79&13*),Usman Khawaja,Ponting,Haddin and Mitchell Johnson were brilliant.Cummins was absolutely fantastic getting a man-of-the-match on test debut.Vernon Philander played well for SA taking 5-70 in vain but was man of the series taking a staggering 14 wickets in his debut series.
So the Aussie fans will have something to smile about after the humiliation in the first test at Cape Town:thumbs

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
What a blinder of a match. I dearly wanted Ponting to score a ton here, but his 64 was still quite the contribution in context of the situation and the game. Mitch played his part with the bat and might escape getting kicked out of the team for the time being.
Kudos to both team for splendid and riveting display of test cricket :clap

swacker

Chairman of Selectors
Hell of a game. Australia's been involved in some crackers lately, ridiculous it's only a 2 test series.

Papa_Smurf

International Cricketer
What.

A.

tweaking.

Series.

Needed 5 more matches. So glad I managed to catch some of the days' plays. Big shout out to Cummins - what a tweaking talent! Got pace, swing, has the ability to move the ball both ways, and has a cricketing nous to go with it. So exciting to watch. :D

Users who are viewing this thread