Australia Team Discussion

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
There was a season where Whiteman was one of the best openers in Shield cricket. Could maybe do a job there if true.

noducksallowed

Club Captain
Batting: Bancroft, McDermott, Hughes (short-term), McSweeney (he is starting to come good), Renshaw, Davies, Macdonald, Fraser-McGurk (all are highly rated but need some polishing)

AR: Green, Webster, Hardie & Sutherland (batting needs to improve)

Bowling: Ellis, Hatcher, Morris, Johnson, Kuhnemann, Rogers, Jhye Richardson (so many fitness issues for now) Sangha, Fergus O'Neil, Salzmann (all are highly rated but need some polishing)

Keeper: Inglis, Carey, Philippe & Whiteman.

A lot of players in grade cricket with potential to become good players too.

My question was with regards to LO cricket. Bancroft at 31 is hardly going to be a top choice for the format.

Bartlett for me (From what I've seen in the BBL) could be a very good option although he really needs to work on longer spells. Apparently he has had a couple of good 1st class seasons so he is headed in the right direction.

I agree with someone like Davies, but considering the Aussies very rarely get them going that young but it would be great seeing him get a run in T20s and build into the 2024 side.

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
My question was with regards to LO cricket. Bancroft at 31 is hardly going to be a top choice for the format.
I was talking about ODI's mostly (we love our old players & Bancroft has been scoring a lot of runs)

Last edited:

cricfan123

School Cricketer
We all know Steve Smith is one of the all time sporting greats, he a 3 time world cup winner but is his test batting average in danger of going below 50 by the time he retires he not suited to opening the test batting position he a number 3 or 4 at best?

Users who are viewing this thread