Australia tour of Bangladesh - POSTPONED

War

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
FIXTURES:
  • Oct 3 - Bangladesh Cricket Board XI v Australians, Khan Shaheb Osman Ali Stadium, Fatullah
  • Oct 9 - 1st Test - Bangladesh v Australia, Zahur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium, Chittagong
  • Oct 17 - 2nd Test - Bangladesh v Australia, Shere Bangla National Stadium, Mirpur

PokerAce

Banned
Schedule -

Practice Match - BCB XI vs Australia at Fatullah on Oct 3-5, 2015

1st Test - Bangladesh v Australia at Chittagong on Oct 9-13, 2015

2nd Test - Bangladesh v Australia at Dhaka on Oct 17-21, 2015

Australia tour Bangladesh for the first time since the famous Gillespie 200 series. Normally this series would not really hold much interest outside of the participating countries, but this series is very different.

Australia are undergoing a serious transformation, with many players part of the disappointing Ashes tour having retired, including influential opener Chris Rogers, and leader Michael Clarke. Asia is a place where Australia have won just 1 Test match in Asia (1 match, not series), since 2007.

Asia has been hard for much stronger Australia sides, and the inexperienced side which will Tour Bangladesh are hardly going to find it easy on the slow spinning turning pitches of Bangladesh, who in addition to their collection of handy left arm spinners also have a new Left Arm seamer sensation waiting to have a go at the Australian batsmen. Add to this the rejuvenation Bangladesh have seen in recent months, and they have toppled Pakistan, India and South Africa in back to back ODI series. Can they extend that form and confidence into the test arena, and claim their first big scalp in Tests.

The way things are lined up it will be hard for Bangladesh to get a better opportunity to get a win over Australia.

Can Bangladesh beat Australia? If I were a betting man, I would find it hard to resist backing Bangladesh to take the series.

PokerAce

Banned
Australia Test squad Steven Smith (capt), Adam Voges (vice-capt), Cameron Bancroft, Joe Burns, Patrick Cummins, Andrew Fekete, Usman Khawaja, Nathan Lyon, Mitchell Marsh, Shaun Marsh, Glenn Maxwell, Peter Nevill, Stephen O'Keefe, Peter Siddle, Mitchell Starc

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Two tests? Is that all this tour consists of?

Dingo Ate Me Baby

School Cricketer
That Australia squad looks so devoid of experience and class. Bancroft looks a star in the making, and obviously Smith is a top player but other than that without the likes of Clarke, Rogers and Warner, the batting looks very thin. Although the pace of Cummins and Starc will still be a threat even on the flat decks of the sub continent.

Will be so interested to see how Mustafizur Rahman does in this one. He has had a sensational start to his international career, the Aussie batsman need to learn how to deal with him or he could clean up in his own conditions, against a pretty fragile looking batting line up.

ParkedTheBus

International Coach
Profile Flag
Australia
XI for the first test
Bancroft
Khawaja
Burns
Smith
Voges
M. Marsh
Nevill
O'Keefe
Starc
Siddle
Lyon

Feel it is time the Steve Marsh experiment was binned, and Bird deserves more chances.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Did not see Fekete on the radar at all. Sandhu looked the pick of the A bowlers and his offies looked handy.
Will be interesting seeing who the selectors pick on both fronts.

cricketmad09

International Coach
Australia Test squad Steven Smith (capt), Adam Voges (vice-capt), Cameron Bancroft, Joe Burns, Patrick Cummins, Andrew Fekete, Usman Khawaja, Nathan Lyon, Mitchell Marsh, Shaun Marsh, Glenn Maxwell, Peter Nevill, Stephen O'Keefe, Peter Siddle, Mitchell Starc

My team would be

Bancroft
Burns
Khawaja
Smith
Voges
Maxwell
Nevill
Starc
Cummins
Siddle
Lyon

I've got Maxwell instead of Marsh because both of their batting is not good at test level, but maxwell's spin would be more useful in the conditions.

But at the end of the day it doesn't matter what team we pick we're still gonna win. Bangladesh are a shocking test side.

If we picked our worst team out of the squad we'd still win.

If we went with

Bancroft
M Marsh
S Marsh
Maxwell
Khawaja
O'Keefe
Starc
Cummins
Siddle
Lyon
Fekete

We'd still win.

Dingo Ate Me Baby

School Cricketer
But at the end of the day it doesn't matter what team we pick we're still gonna win. Bangladesh are a shocking test side.

That's a pretty arrogant way to look at it, Bangladesh are not 'shocking' by any means. Actually they have improved no end at home, they have drawn with South Africa and India, albeit in rain affected matches. However they have won series' against South Africa and India in ODI cricket. Australia aren't exactly pulling up trees after we beat you comfortably in the Ashes.

While Australia are favourites but I don't think Bangladesh are shocking and won't be a pushover by any means.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Bangladesh are shocking in test cricket. It is their worst format and they have always struggled in it. They would have lost against both India and South Africa had it been not affected by rain. They have much better team for ODI and their players are getting more consistent in that format, resulting in their recent success. However, I would not be surprised if Australia struggle because they just can't play spin. Also this time, they have a highly inexperienced squad which puts more pressure on Steven Smith. Bangladesh are likely to fill their team with spinners and might play just one fast bowler. It will be a close contest.

PokerAce

Banned

I think the series may surprise you more than you think. Bangladesh are not as poor as they once were, and Australia are not exactly renowned for their performances in Asia. Australia would start favs no doubt, but the gap between the two sides has never been shorter.

Users who are viewing this thread