Australia vs England *Friendly* (New AI Patch Testing)

squiz

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Australia (User) vs England

MATCH INFORMATION

• Green Pitch
  • Warm Weather
  • 50 Over Match
  • Hard Difficulty
SQUAD
M. Hayden
A. Gilchrist
R. Ponting
D. Martyn
A. Symonds
M. Bevan
I. Harvey
B. Lee
J. Gillespie
S MacGill
G. McGrath

MATCH REPORT
Ricky Ponting won the toss and elected to field first. The first ball of the match Trescothick smashed over point to bring up the first boundary of the innings. But the very next ball, McGrath bowled very good ball which seams back into him, collecting the inside edge of the bat and flying to safe hands of Gilchrist. Gillespie was dangerous early on, but unlucky as well. Solanki's first ball's that he faced were from Gillespie and he edged both, first through slips, then and inside edge down to fine leg. Anthony McGrath stepped up to the plate from the dismissal of Michael Vaughn for only 15, and was very lucky the his first ball he faced didnt goto hand just missing Gilchrist. He looked settled before an LBW shout from Gillespie was turned down which should of been given. The next ball some justice to the bowler was given when McGrath was given out LBW, when quite clearly the ball was going down off stump. When the batsmen seen the opening bowlers off Lee was introduced into the attack, and had imediate results, claiming the wicket of Solanki for a well made 37. Lee struck again in his 6th over getting Clarke caught in the gully by Matthew Hayden for only 11 runs. Flintoff was run out off a very silly run, which brought in Giles. His first 5 deliveries that he faced were edges through gully, the slips and down to fine leg. Then 2 balls later Giles edged another 2 deliveries through gully, but some good captaincy from Ponting derived Giles from any more boundaries, getting caught in Gully for flukey 29 runs. Johnson was the next man to be dismissed, getting clean bowled by Ian Harvey from an awesome in-swinger, and Australia only needed 1 more wicket. Lee claimed that wicket, with James Kirtley edging a ball to leg slip for 12 runs. The standout performers were Solanki for his 37 (44), and Brett Lee for figures of 3/33 of 8.1 overs.

Australia needed a pretty simple score of 179 and struggled early on with Gilchrist getting out from a ball seaming in from Kirtley for only 4 runs. But a good partnership by Ponting and Hayden steadied the ship and it looked like Australia were going to cruise to total being 1/64 before the 2nd wicket fell. Hayden made a good score of 46 (31), unlucky to reach his 50. 3 more wickets fell for only 4 runs, and Australia were now struggling at 5/68. Michael Bevan and Ian Harvey combined for a good partnership of 40 runs before Bevan was out from a very good catch from Clarke. The next wicket fell on 114 with this time Ian Harvey departing for 13 (18). 2 more wickets fell when the score was on 114 and Australia were in a deep deep hole at 9/114. Some lucky batting from Brett Lee got the score to 137 before Glen McGrath was bowled from a good yorker by Anderson for only 3 runs. Their final partnership was 23 runs. Australia lost by 41 runs, with James Kirtley getting 7/47 of his 10 overs. Hayden's 47 was not enough to get the man of the match which was given to Kirtley. Overall it was a very exciting game, with great catches and big hits.

Wow, a good game for the bowlers there.
bad luck, you just needed a bit of a partnership somewhere.

Yeh i thought i could just blast away like i usually do, but it looks like you need to pace ya innings

I think you just need to adjust from playing 10/20 overs to 50 overs. It's good to see that you can have a challenge now.

Users who are viewing this thread