Australia vs South Africa - First Test

nightprowler10

Executive member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Register your team for the first test between Australia and South Africa here. Deadline for registration is 02:30 AM on December 16th.

Squads

Australia

* Matthew Hayden
* Justin Langer
* *Ricky Ponting
* Brad Hodge
* Michael Hussey
* Andrew Symonds
* +Adam Gilchrist
* Shane Warne
* Brett Lee
* Stuart Clark
* Nathan Bracken
* Glenn McGrath

South Africa

* *Graeme Smith
* AB de Villiers
* Herschelle Gibbs
* Jacques Kallis
* Ashwell Prince
* Jacques Rudolph
* Justin Kemp
* +Mark Boucher
* Shaun Pollock
* Nicky Boje
* Makhaya Ntini
* Andre Nel
* Charl Langeveldt
* Garnett Kruger

I've picked my team early as I won't be able to pick it at the last minute. Basically it was like my team for the Windies. I just can't not go with the Aussie batters and bowlers. Picked 2 SA but picking the batter was a real lottery as who knows what they will do. Hayden is my captain for this game as I noticed he was taking a fair few catches and of course in good form.

A lot of people already entered their team. Not a wise decision, since there could be some major players missing.

Shane Warne is my captain. The SA bowling attack will make inroads, but aussie will put up big scores, look for Hussey and Hodge to have big games. Like Aussie1st indicated, Hayden is in top form and so is Ponting. The key as always is pick the right captain and bonus players. Wicket taking bowlers who can add points with the bat appear best to me so far. Warne on the WACA in his form with his bat and catching opporutunities at second slip is a dead cert for me at Capt.

Good luck everyone.

wish i had have seen Kallis is apparently out, thats a big blow for the SA's.

From what I read the ground where they are playing is Warne's least favourite ground.

And Hayden got a duck. :mad My chances are already ruined. I had him as captain!

Having Ntini in my team would be usefull now. I've almost got the whole Australia team in my line up.

This is only one innings. Anything can happen in the rest of the days.

Last edited:
This one is gone for me, Hayden duck and out 2nd inns and I don't have Ntini, I can't believe how bad the Aussies went though. And then SA did just a bit better than Aus.

Lee did well for me. And I had him with bonus. It would have been better to get Boucher instead of Gilchrist now.

Somebody has Hodge in his starting team? Having him would be helpfull. But I think the people who have Ponting as captain will be on top now.

i dont have hodge. a double century - great performance !!
ponting did also well, hes batting is perfect since the last 2 months.

Users who are viewing this thread