Story Australia's Commonwealth Bank Series - vs @ Perth: Ind: 119/5

Australia struggling at the moment. Brilliant bowling by Hoggard and Giles did well to pick up couple of wickets. Great graphics and well presented :)

So nearing the lunch break here in Adelaide, Andrew Symonds and Shane Warena are at the crease for Australia, and with Andrew Symonds looking good out in the middle. Symonds and Gilchrist we're playing well together, but Gilchrist lost his wicket. Gilchrist went for only 12, but those 12 runs were looking good runs, and it seemed he was settling, but it was good bowling from Matty Hoggard and good catching from Trescothick. But now with Shane Warne at the crease, he might be looking to get going again, as Symonds likes to do. He will take it to the England bowlers, and will go after them, so it'll be interesting to see when Symonds will start these tatics. He is dominating at the moment, and another boundary hits for Symonds. He is looking in good touch today.

Andrew Symonds looks in good form out in the middle

87964593gc5.jpg

And with the dominance that Symonds is having against the England bowlers, the Captain Michael Vaughan has decided to bring in Vice Captain and quick bowler, Andrew "Freddy" Flintoff into the attack. Let's see if the England hero can bring down some wickets for England. Itw will be a bonus if England can bring Australia down before lunch. They will be looking to do that soon, although the lunch break is just around the corner.

The Vice Captain, Andrew "Freddy" Flintoff comes into the attack

42805015ex3.jpg

And with saying that, Flintoff bowled only 1 over, before the umpire called for the lunch break. So Australia are 6/153 at the lunch break, and England are looking in the grand position here. They will be looking to keep Australia under 200, and then they will chase that down within the tea break. So at the moment, England do look like they have Australia under the ropes, but things could happen, and with Symonds and Warne, and then Lee to come in, anything can happen from here. We'll be back for the Cricket show after the break.

The lunch break is called, Australia are 153/6

86141400xy9.jpg

battingxh9.jpg

bowlingsd5.jpg

Nice little update there mate. Symonds is going along very nicely but I think Freddie will get him after lunch.

Good work mate and keep it up :)

hopefully symonds and warnie can peg back this aus innings

cricketshowheaderwr0.jpg

Special Guest - Nathan Bracken

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen and welcome to the cricket show, i am Simon O'Donnel and we are here at the lunch break this afernoon on day 1 in this Test Match at Adelaide between Australia and England in this Ashes Series.
What a wonderful show we have in store for you today, the Cricket has been good this morning, it has been entertainig, but stayed tuned to the Cricket show, because we have a treat for you this afternoon. We will be looking at Nathan Bracken, and his journey to making it into the Australian Test Side.

So here is part one of the Interview with Nathan Bracken, and its bought to you by Tim Sherridan.

Tim Sherridan - Well here we are in the middle of Penrith in New South Wales, the local boy Nathan Bracken has stepped into the Australia Test Cricket team, and on the Cricket show, we welcome the 30 year old from New South Wales, Nathan Welcome.

Full name Nathan Wade Bracken
Born September 12, 1977, Penrith, New South Wales
Current age 30 years 146 days
Major teams Australia, Gloucestershire, New South Wales, Worcestershire
Nickname Bracks, Andy G (Australian Idol host)
Playing role Bowler
Batting style Right-hand bat
Bowling style Left-arm fast-medium
Height 1.95 m
Education Faulconbridge Primary; Springwood High School

Nathan Bracken - Yeah thanks Tim, thanks for having me on the Cricket show.

Tim Sherrdian - Now like i just mentioned you have cracked your way into the Australia Test Team, was it a suprise to you. With the retierment of Glenn McGrath earlier in the year, was it a suprise to you for being picked in this team?

Nathan Bracken - Well yeah it was quiet a suprise for me. You know, we all know that Australia have some wonderful quick bowlers, Binga (Brett Lee), Clarky (Stuart Clark), Johno (Mitch Johnson) Taity (Shaun Tait), so there are some great fast bowlers in this Australian team, and we all had to fight out for a position. And it's really hard to get a position in this wonderfully placed team at the moment, and fortunately for Biga, Clarky and myself we have impressed the Australian Selectors, and have made it into the Team. It was alot of hard work though, Johnson and Tait are right on our hammer, and if either of us put a foot wrong, they could take our place.

Tim Sherridan - Well you mentioned Mitchell Johnson. Rumours had it, he was the certain player to replace McGrath. A left hander who swings the ball alot, what we're your thoughts when you heard he was a shoe in, in getting the position left by McGrath?

Nathan Bracken - Well you know, alot of those rumours were made in the newspaper. And as a sportsman, you are told not to read the newspaper much. But it's hard not to read about things on the paper, and sometimes it comes up with an article about yourself. It has happened to me before, and it was a load of bull, in what they wrote. So don't believe anything that is read in the newspapers.
In saying that though, Mitch was the leader at the stage to replace McGrath's position. But i kept to my own game plan, which was playing some steady and consitant cricket, and i trained hard, and kept to my plan, and i think that helped me most. Not shying away, or playing bad when the media released the stuff about Johnson being 1st in line, that's just a cowards way out of things.

Tim Sherridan - Well you are 30 years old, from New South Wales, it took you a while to get into the Australia Test Team, you made your debut in Brisbane against India in 2003, so it took you a while to get into the team, being 30 now.

s2io5.jpg

Nathan Bracken makes his debut in Test Cricket against India in 2003

Nathan Bracken - Yeah, well you had guys like Jason Gillespie, Glenn McGrath, Brett Lee all standing in the way at that stage. I was a young kid back then, i was still learning about the game back then. I knew it was going to take a while before getting into the side, because of the likes of Lee and McGrath who we're nearing the end of their careers,but they kept playing, haha, Macca wouldn't go down, he just loved cricket and didn't wanna stop. But i got my oppourtunity and i had a reasonable campaign, but i am just happy to be back into the Green Baggy cap and playing Test Cricket again.

Tim Sherridan - Alot of people. when they hear the name, Nathan Bracken, they would admediattially think of One Day Intertnationals. Does that bother you at any stage?

Nathan Bracken - Nah it doesn't. Just as long as i get a game for Australia, wether it be One Day Internationals, Test or even for Australia A, it is great to represent your country for the sport you love, and that's all that matters to me, is representing Australia, and doing the people in Australia proud for theirt country.

Tim Sherridan - Nicely said, Nathan and we thankyou for joining us on the Cricket show. We hope to see you playing more Test Cricket in the near future, and good luck.

Nathan Bracken - Thanks Tim

Symonds have the ability to take the game single handedly.. Till he is ON, its not going to be easy for any opponents.

And it was a nice show with Bracken! Keep it up :)

thanks guys. I have been working on my writing skills, and im glad you like my interview with Bracken.

Loved the interview with Bracken. Roy in good touch as well. Your work is improving as the story is progressing. KUTGW :)

nice interview with bracken interesting to see how the aussies will do after lunch

For people who have followed this story, i am giving you the oppourtunity to say what you would like to see in this story. Anything new that you have discovered and would like to see used in this story. Graphics, shows, events?

Post your views about the thread and what u would like to see, cheers

Users who are viewing this thread