Story Australia's Commonwealth Bank Series - vs @ Perth: Ind: 119/5

Nice start RooFrom50, I hope you give David Hussey a good chance in this series :D

Good luck Roo. :thumbs Already we had a great contest in real life.. hope it remains the same here too. :D Looking forward to it.

Good Luck Roo. I know you will bring out the best experience of Australian summer for the readers.

bannermm1.jpg

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen and welcome to the 1st match of the Commonwealth Bank Series between Australia and India at Perth. I am Mark Nicholas and i am joined by Cricket legend Richie Beanu. And Richie, this is going to be an exciting Series.

Yeah, thanks Mark, well we have 3 brilliant one day sides battling it out this year. Australia, India and Sri Lanka. All very entertaining teams, it will be a tight and tough contest throughout the Series, but i think that Australia will just have enough to win this Series. India are right behind them though, being the 20/20 World Champions.

Thanks Richie, well we have good news up here in the commentary box, we have found out that India called the toss and won, and they have elected to bat 1st. It's a dry old looking Waaca pitch out there. It will crack as the game goes on, so it's a good decision batting 1st. The spinners will play a huge part at the end of this match, and the Indian's will be looking to get off to a good start, if they are going to win this match.

So the Indian's are out on the field, and here come the Australian's. Led by Captain Ricky Ponting and Adam Gilchrist who is playing his last One Day Series after announcing his Retierment during the Test Series against India about a month ago.

So Brett Lee has been given the new ball. Lee has played in 168 ODI'S during his career. And his bowling statistics are, he has bowled in 165 Innings from those 168 matches, so he has bowled on basically every occasion playing for Australia. And he has taken 296 Wickets. He will be looking to take those 4 wickets during this Series to reach the 300 Wicket mark for ODI'S.

brettleeys9.jpg

And bowling from the other end for Australia will be Stuart Clark. The man who has unbelievable line and length. The way he just get's it right every single time and takes wicket aswell, is just incredible. He will be looking to get the Indian's out quickly, with his speed and line and length that he is well known for.
Clark has played in 33 ODI's for Australia and has bowled in 32 Innings. And has taken 45 wickets, so alot more International games hopefully coming from the quick bowler from Australia.

stuartclarkoy5.jpg

So there we have it, Australia have chosen their Opening bowlers, we will be back after the ad break, to see who is opening the batting for the Indian's. Stay Tuned.

Sad to hear that. Although you don't need to close the story. This happened with me too. I did something like the match was abandoned and started the game from the next match:)

Sad to hear that. Although you don't need to close the story. This happened with me too. I did something like the match was abandoned and started the game from the next match:)

The can a Admin please move my new posts into this thread, i will still start the Commonwealth Bank Series, but i will use this thread please

Nice update, like the graphics you have done for the bowlers, looks really good...

bannerbk6.jpg

Australia open account.

Australia have blasted out of the blocks in their opening One Day match against India in Perth. With the help of Stuart Clark, Australia are crusing through their opening few overs against the Champions of 20/20 Cricket.
Australia have taken 2 wickets in the space of 6 overs, and they are looking very dangerous to take more.

Verinda Sehwag was the 1st wicket fallen for India. Not troubling the scorers Stuart Clark bet Sehwag with flight. Sehwag, who loves to come out and attack the bowlers, came out with the same approach this game. Went to smack Stuart Clark, but miss timed the ball, and miss hit the ball. The ball went far, but it didn't have enough power in the shot to make it to the fence.
Instead, Brad Hogg took the easiest of catches in the deep.Stuart Clark got the opening wicket, and Australia look dangerous.

Stuart Clark opens the account for Australia, dismissing Sehwag for a Duck

1sehwagwicketsj2.jpg

So Verinda Sehwag has gone for a duck. No runs for the big hitting machine. India are in trouble, they are already 1 wicket down, and for no runs.Stuart Clark and Brad Hogg team up for the 1st wicket.

Sehwag walks back in shame of his duck

2sehwagwicketrq9.jpg

So the loss of Sehwag brings in the Champion India batter, Sachin Tendulkar comes to the crease at a very unlikely situation. Sachin will be looking to bring his team back into this match. They have lost a cheap wicket early, and now India need this Champion to deliver.

The Little Master, Sachin Tendulkar walks onto the Waaca

3sachinat2.jpg

Tendulkar lived up to his expectations. He is known as one of the best batsmen in the world. And the shot he just played, showed exacly why people call him "The Master". It was a beautiful shot down the ground. He had the fastest bowler in the world bowling to him, but Tendulkar seemed to play the shot with ease.
Brilliant timing, saw the ball come out of the middle of the bat, just the sound it made, ball on wood, it was awsome.
The ball made it's way to the boundary, and India had their 1st boundary in 3 overs.

Tendulkar shows his brilliance against the Australians

4sachin4ki8.jpg

Tendulkar was bringing Australia back down to earth. He was playing some wonderful cricket. The Master still had the tricks, after he is retiering after this Commonwealth Bank Series.Tendulkar this time, decided to put more power into his shot. A bad ball from Stuart Clark, saw the white ball, sail through the dark sky of Perth, and sail over the fence, and into the crowd for a massive 6. The huge turnout of Indian fans, were on their feet, for the little master as he was entertaining them, as he has done for a decade.

Sachin is flying like a eagle

5sachin6uq2.jpg

So all things we're looking good for India at the moment, not only was the Captain Ricky Ponting making changes and moves to the field, but the Senior group, like Andrew Symonds helped out, to try and get the right field to try and stop this big hitting from Sachin Tendulkar.

Australia trying to find the right field for Tendulkar

6symondsqi2.jpg

All things were going good for India. Sachin Tendulkar was retireving their scoreboard pressure after loosing a wicket very early in the piece. But things stopped for India, as Stuart Clark took his 2nd wicket. Jaffer was the man to go, Jaffer made a very slow start to his Innings, and only making 2 runs in the end, after facing 26 balls, he just didn't seem confident out in the middle tonight. Stuart Clark got the inside edge of the bat of Jaffer, and it sailed through to Gilchrist. And in Gilly's last turn out in the One Day side, he would of enjoyed that cacth.

Clark get his 2nd, Gilchrist takes a beautiful catch behind the stumps

7wicketdk4.jpg

So Jaffer heads back to the paviilion only making 2 runs. India are back on the back foot now. 18 for 2 they are at the 6th over mark. They are looking in trouble. Sachin Tendulkar is looking good, but they have lost 2 early and pretty cheap wickets.

Jaffer doesn't contribute to the Indian total

8jafferwicketvv0.jpg

Rahul Dravid is the next man to come in for India, he will be looking to put on a partnership with Tendulkar to try and bring this scoreboard looking respectable for the 20/20 Champions.

Dravid comes to the crease with the score looking dreadful for India.

9dravidbc7.jpg

scoreboarddq5.jpg

India in trouble, they need Tendulkar and some one else to stand up and bat.

India in trouble here. This story already looks a lot better than your Ashes story. I hope this can last for ages. One idea. Maybe centre the text in your images, like Clark celebrating in the second image. Only a small point though. Extremely good start :)

I must admit this graphics work and presentation is a lot better and has significantly improved from your Ashes story. Great works Roo. Keep it up mate. :clap

Users who are viewing this thread