Back to Hogwarts | Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Online Cricket Games Owned
I watched it yesterday, it was bloody good compared to the others we've had. Comparatively less storyline modification, less reduction on important scenes [I say comparatively]. And they enacted the Dumbledore death scene pretty brilliantly, with just one flaw, that Harry was actually paralyzed by Dumbledore, rather than just keep standing there as they show in the movie.

I would give 9/10.
Yea. There were several more flaws too. I'd list them if I knew how to do the spoiler tags thing...

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Colin is an OAP

Few bugs with the film. Firstly, the Burrow never burned down in the book. Why did they need to do that? They also completely cut out the story of how Dumbledore found and destroyed that ring which was a Horocrux. As you said, Harry should have been paralysed when Dumbledore was killed. There was also supposed to be a fight scene right after that which was cut out. Also, the general pacing of the film and which segments were given attention - more time was spent on Ron's love story than the horocruxes. Also, wasn't Ron supposed to be equally into Lavender, and not just repulsed by her? Several inaccuracies, and there were some more smaller details which I've forgotten now.

There. Click on that if you want the movie to be spoiled for you.

Burnsy1

Club Cricketer
Watched it on wednesday. Was thinking after that compared to the others it was relatively low on the action side of things but thinking about it the book wasn't exactly action packed. Some things I'm disapointed about but that happens in all movie adaptions of novels. If you take them as sequels to the previous film and based roughly on the novels then there good films. That's the way I look at them these days.

I absolutely shat myself when the inferni grabbed Harry's arm. Anybody else think the Potter birds are getting better film by film?

OffCutters

International Coach
I`m watching it tomorrow, should be good. i`ve read the whole series and will expect alot from this movie.

iridescentt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I absolutely shat myself when the inferni grabbed Harry's arm. Anybody else think the Potter birds are getting better film by film?

I actually had my girlfriend sitting beside me and a mother with her kids on the other side. When it grabbed Harry's hand I shat myself as well and grabbed the mothers hand in shock :p

Burnsy1

Club Cricketer
lmfao unlucky buddy, bet she thought you were a right paedo or something

Last edited:

King Cricket

International Coach
Saw it yesterday. Was a pretty good film, and Radcliffe was superb. It had some minor bugs, though. Firstly, it was Dora Tonks who first saw Harry lying in the Hogwarts Express, not Loona. I don't know why/how they made this mistake. Then again, they have spent too much time on the Ron-Hermione-Lavender episode, and didn't elaborate other more important things like Voldemort's past, Horcruxes, Quidditch tournament, the battle between the Death Eaters and Harry towards the end etc etc. In fact, they have shown nothing about Voldemort's father, mother, why his grandpa disliked his mother etc. Now this is queer. Also, Harry should have been in a paralyzed state when Snape killed Dumbledore. But here, he was actually standing. Plus, why didn't they show Dumbledore's funeral? That was quite an important event in the book. And, Voldemort will later steal the wand from Dumbledore's tomb only. This mistake shouldn't have been made. Anyway, apart from these four/five minor bugs, the film was overall quite an enjoyable experience. I will not rate it as the best Harry Potter film made thus far, but it's certainly a must watch for everyone.

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
The one biggest bug this film had is that it is Harry himself who hides the potion book. This is such an important part in the story because he places the Diadem of Ravenclaw on top of it, which he will remember in the seventh book.

Users who are viewing this thread